Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Hanover Colorado here. I have 75 acres on the prairie. Lots of long range weaponry to defend it.::rambo::
Where are you preparing for SHTF.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Im in Southern Colorado. There is a large group of preppers here. Myself, parents, grandparents and family friends included

·
Registered
640 Posts
Colorado Springs

·
Registered
1 Posts
The Springs here. Just getting into thinking about prepping. Funds limit ability, but have the dream.
Still have to check the site out but love the idea.
RCR

·
Registered
2 Posts
Colorado Springs here. What should I do to start preparing. I live in a apartment with my family wife and two kids. What should I do to start preparing? I am on a limited budget at the moment and don't really know how to start preparing.

·
Registered
6,086 Posts
Hello from Wa.! You should start by putting up at least a gallon of water per person per day for as long as you might need water. If you have a hot water heater you can use it if something happens by kill the power to it (shutting off the gas to it) and then shutting off the supply of water to it. water in that tank will keep for about three months but it isn't likely to last that long. So, after you have 56 gallons of water stored, or while you are building up to that, look at your daily food usage and begin stocking 14 or more days worth of the foods that you eat. Don't go out and buy freeze-dried foods that you are not used to eating and just keep them in storage. Stock up on the foods you eat. Put together a medical kit - one that has everything you can think of in it - talk it over with your doctor and see what he/she suggests. Get some first aid training - the local fire department or Red Cross puts these on and sometimes you can find them for free. Get everyone a good pair of boots and clothing that fits your seasonal changes. Get some training and a 12 ga. pump shotgun and a few boxes of ammo to store and more to shoot while you get to know your gun. Teach your wife how to use it - get her out shooting with you. Train the kids that they don't touch the gun unless they ask first and then when they do ask teach them to clear the gun and that it is always loaded and it never gets pointed at anything you don't want to kill. When they are mature enough get them out shooting - my kids started shooting at seven and eight years old.

There is a lot more to do but that should keep you busy for a year or so. Enjoy it. At our house we have a "grocery list" that we mark down everything we use and then we pick that up and one more of each item as the money allows.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi, i am in colorado springs, co and in credit card dept for another year. so where to start? ty. o by the way i am a Bible believing christian. So need to bring my Bible. ty

1 - 18 of 18 Posts