Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
21,643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have never owned a Savage . When it comes to shot guns for my needs Mossberg and Remington.
While shopping today for a couple long guns as gifts I came across this.
Savage 359 12ga $210
Overall 38 1/4 not bad at all
Steel construction with nice polymer stock and grip
Nice finish
Bottom eject
Ghost ring rear sight nice mounted front
Not only a nice HD shot gun but would serve well for Deer season. I am looking forward to putting it to work .
You can never have to many 12 ga.
Though I had seen this weapon before it does share design with the Ithaca Model 37
Automotive exterior Bumper Auto part Rectangle Wood

·
Registered
21,643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I am ready to try the ghost ring sights. They work very well on other weapons . They are intended for shorter range fast target acquisition
Plan to run some rifled sabot rounds and see how it does

·
Registered
2,207 Posts
I have never owned a Savage . When it comes to shot guns for my needs Mossberg and Remington.
While shopping today for a couple long guns as gifts I came across this.
Savage 359 12ga $210
Overall 38 1/4 not bad at all
Steel construction with nice polymer stock and grip
Nice finish
Bottom eject
Ghost ring rear sight nice mounted front
Not only a nice HD shot gun but would serve well for Deer season. I am looking forward to putting it to work .
You can never have to many 12 ga.
Though I had seen this weapon before it does share design with the Ithaca Model 37
View attachment 3852
I have an old Police Model 37 Ithaca from a prison sale stamped "police model" or some such thing, and yes it does eject the shells out the bottom. Random knowledge in the old models like mine, if you hold the trigger down while cycling the action it will fire automatically every time the bolt seats for a really fast auto fire.

A steal at $210

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
Looks nice, I think I have seen this model on the shelf a few times at the LGS. Hope you enjoy it and yes its pretty easy to justify yet one more shotgun. They do a lot of things great fairly close up. Youll have to do a review for us when you get a chance to wring it out a bit!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts