Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 20 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
887 Posts
Ban cell phones. There the ones causing the problems calling in guys like this.

Not too mention if the laws are similar to the laws here its illegal to talk on your cell and drive so those callers had broken the Law not the open carrier if it were in my state.

·
Registered
2,563 Posts
Would you rather the U.S. be like england? He didn't break any laws. The cops need to educate those that make calls about people NOT breaking the law and cops not violating someones right to walk on the side of the road doing nothing illegal. Pure BS. No I don't hate cops. but I also don't trust them to do the right thing either, they go out of their way to harass legal citizens but sit back and watch known BG's go about their business. If that's all they have to do is chase around looking for legal citizens doing legal things, why do we need them and why are they armed like their going to war! That's an older video too.

·
Registered
2,417 Posts
Would you rather the U.S. be like england? He didn't break any laws. The cops need to educate those that make calls about people NOT breaking the law and cops not violating someones right to walk on the side of the road doing nothing illegal. Pure BS. No I don't hate cops. but I also don't trust them to do the right thing either, they go out of their way to harass legal citizens but sit back and watch known BG's go about their business. If that's all they have to do is chase around looking for legal citizens doing legal things, why do we need them and why are they armed like their going to war! That's an older video too.
The cop even said that all he new was that he had taken several calls about a man with a gun and when he arrived he say officers with thier guns drawn. HMMM jeez your right I can't see his side of it at all:shock:

·
Registered
49 Posts
Cops were wrong...and they sounded foolish because they were not even aware of how wrong they were. As soon as they ascertained the 'subject' had committed no crime the police should have been on their way. Officer Horne , in particular, is in need of some remedial training.

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
The cops first needs to tell the caller that it is legal to carry a pistol and then ask them if he is doing anything suspicious if not there is nothing they can do. No they are not supposed to stop someone that is not breaking any laws it would be different if they heard there was a robbery in that vacinity. This is all to make gun owners fell like owning a gun is somehow illegal or wrong.

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Have I got this right?-
1- Some states say that if you carry a gun, it MUST be openly visible in a holster, and that you'll be arrested if you carry it concealed.
2- Other states say that if you carry a gun it MUST be concealed under your shirt or wherever.

Number 2 therefore seems the most sensible law, or am I missing something?

·
Registered
2,417 Posts
The cops first needs to tell the caller that it is legal to carry a pistol and then ask them if he is doing anything suspicious if not there is nothing they can do. No they are not supposed to stop someone that is not breaking any laws it would be different if they heard there was a robbery in that vacinity. This is all to make gun owners fell like owning a gun is somehow illegal or wrong.
It wasn't so much the police but all the calls made because of the open carry. It's just a fact that people are not used to seeing people carrying a weapon in a populated area.

·
Registered
21,643 Posts
Ok heres my take. If open carry is legal then it is legal. If the person is no suspected of a crime then LE has no purpose questioning them.
In many state like here the law does not require you to show ID. In fact it is not legal for an office to demand one if you are not suspected of a crime. However they try it all of the time.
If the office is not violating the law he can not be baited. The first question should be am I suspected of a crime? If the answer is no then I would like to be on my way and do not wish to speak with you. By law that is the end of it.
However LE think they can do as they please they hold you question you and violate your rights.
If the answer is your carry a weapon. The next should be is that a crime the answer is no. Then on my way. The courts have ruled a simple open carrying is not probable cause to stop someone.
But LE keeps trying.
Weather anyone likes it or not if a person is open carrying in accordance with the law and not suspected of any crime the LE has no right to stop/detain them or request any information from them.
If after the person ask to be left alone they do not the office is wrong.
CC is different In Wisconsin if you CC and an Office ask you must show your card and ID. However if you have dome nothing wrong that should be the end of it.
LE has taken it upon them self to make up laws and enforce them.
You can no more stop a man doing nothing wrong and demand he answer question than you can stop a black man and demand he answer question just because you do like him being there.
LE has plenty to do without stopping People not breaking the law, focus on that and leave the citizens alone.
The Officer was not baited he chose to stop someone that was clearly not breaking the law, that was not suspected of a crime with any probable cause. This is a common form of harassment, often used by officers it has ended with law biding citizens being beat and jailed for no reason in Madison.
The person that calls in should be ask is the man committing a crime if no tell caller to have a nice day hang up. If yes what is the crime. If it turns out caller lie he should be arrested.
We have rights for a reason, we do not give them up just because some officer thinks we should because he is the law, That is why we have them to stop this.

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
If we see somebody open-carrying, should we call the police to check him out in case he's on his way to the local school or kids playground to start shooting?
One day a concerned citizen is going to shoot an OC-er dead before calling the police, and no jury would convict him

·
Registered
8 Posts
I watched that moron ,he did make the gun community look bad but,I tell you this those officers can tell it was a trap and if the one trooper could have remove the idiots weapon and charge him with inducing panic and disorderly conduct..also failure to properly identify himself...

·
Super Moderator
9,673 Posts
That is an old vid, been around for a while. Yes he is a moron. He purposely set out to provoke an incident. And if memory serves me correctly (I don't care to watch it again) his father helps bail him out in the end.

·
Registered
2,563 Posts
It wasn't so much the police but all the calls made because of the open carry. It's just a fact that people are not used to seeing people carrying a weapon in a populated area.
And other than open carry to show people that having a gun is not a threat, how are we/you/police going to change/educate the dumb people out there. When people see a person surrounded by cops, they naturally think "BG" did something wrong. But that is pretty hard to do when LEO's are no smarter than the dumb people out there making ignorant phone calls!

·
Registered
2,563 Posts
Looks like we have several members here that should turn in their guns so they don't give others the wrong impression by scaring them with their guns. How many people out there run away when they see a cop with a gun on his hip or should we start calling 911 when ever we see a person in uniform with a gun? Oh. I forgot their legal so it's OK.

·
Registered
49 Posts
If we see somebody open-carrying, should we call the police to check him out in case he's on his way to the local school or kids playground to start shooting?
One day a concerned citizen is going to shoot an OC-er dead before calling the police, and no jury would convict him
Why would a 'concerned' citizen shoot an OC-er? A jury would certainly convict for shooting an innocent person. If you see a person open- carrying in a state where it is legal, then obviously you should go about your business. Why would you assume this lawful action would be a precursor to a felony? We do not carry openly in my state. Schools are gun-free zones where only the nutjobs are armed.

·
Registered
2,417 Posts
Looks like we have several members here that should turn in their guns so they don't give others the wrong impression by scaring them with their guns. How many people out there run away when they see a cop with a gun on his hip or should we start calling 911 when ever we see a person in uniform with a gun? Oh. I forgot their legal so it's OK.
Because most people are used to seeing law enforcement with a gun. I say most people because I still get people that freak out seeing mine. Yes we are legal and so most people in most states. People see uniform think qualified, people see civilian with gun and they panic. Life get used to it.

·
Registered
210 Posts
I carry concealed. That said, no weapon is ever completely concealed in all cases. I had my weapon in a back holder and was wearing a jacket. I stopped to assist an attractive motorist with a flat tire. While changing the tire my weapon became exposed when my jacket caught on it. The officer who pulled up while I was changing it but didn't help in any way, noticed it. After the tire was changed and the motorist was on her way, he ran my plates, driver's license and CCW permit. Then he let me off with a verbal warning about keeping my weapon concealed.

·
Registered
855 Posts
The person filming wants to violate the police offers first amendment of free speech. What is it that an officer can't cuss?
Actually the answer to that is probably no. I'm sure their employee's manual has a section in it that specifically mentions the use of profanity or the use of vulgar or abusive language. They are to conduct themselves as professionals at all time I'm sure and could very well face disciplinary sanctions if the citizens filed a complaint and offered the video as evidence.

-Infidel

1 - 20 of 80 Posts