Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Another night out on the water. It was a pretty rough night tho. Had gale force winds to deal with that caused a number of problems last night. Still managed to catch a few having my best luck in the more protected areas. Took three Crappie, 2 festively plump Large Mouth Bass and one Sand Bass as the total catch of the night. Guess if it were a survival situation that would have been enough for dinner huh?

The winds were absolutely brutal! I think they were in the area of about 30 mph with gust higher at times. It was so bad that trying to anchor my 13ft Kayak with a 10 lbs Fluke style anchor was an exercise in futility most of the night! Never had that problem before. Will have to see if I can address that issue with something more effective. It made the fishing pretty tough and the falling barametric pressure didnt help either.

I did get a chance to wring out the new Hummingbird Piranha 170 Fish Finder though. That was the main motivation for braving the high winds last night. Seems to be a better unit than the Cuda 242 that I had previously installed. All in all I am pretty happy with it.

Most of the fish had moved back off the shore line and into deeper water. They seemed to be suspended at 6-10 feet below the surface in 12-17 feet of water. Most seemed to have a pretty good case of "Lock Jaw" too and must have been using Master Locks, LOL. I had to work pretty hard for all 6 I caught. All the other boats out on the water with me were having a pretty tough go at it as well.

Here are a few pics I managed to get...

IMG_4661.jpg IMG_4663.jpg IMG_4662.jpg IMG_4664.jpg

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
It's that time of year where we get the prevailing South wind that just never seems to let up.

Pretty sure I recognize the marina in the back ground, the Northside of the long pier would be more protected, but not much there. Providing you were where I think you were.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts