Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Administrator
14,709 Posts
Thanks Triumph for the info on NJ.

As a point of reference; A few years ago and things may have changed with Georgia going all woke and libtard... Son1 gets in a car wreck in rural Georgia, I go to pick him up. Local sheriff is at scene and so is Georgia State Trooper. Son1 is getting all of his personal items out of his car so it can be towed. He is wearing his carry weapon, a Glock 17 open carrying, then he unloads his AR Pistol, a second handgun from his console, a .22 rifle from the trunk and a large machete, and a few knives. All of his firearms have one in the pipe.

State Trooper sees the AR pistol and immediately goes to his trunk and retrieves his new AR pistol from the box to show it off to us. Says he just found out about AR pistols and bought this one that day. Local Sheriff comes over and is impressed with both AR pistols and tells us he is going to buy one as soon as he leaves the scene.

We transport the weapons to my truck and State Trooper invites us to shoot at the local range with him if we want to. I'm ready to get home so we thank him and he gives us his card and says anytime we want to shoot to call him.

I suspect that situation would have gone very sideways in NJ...
Georgia and Florida are different in many ways from other places.
I can't say about the rest of The South as I'm just familiar with those two.
I wouldn't live anywhere else. I enjoy freedom and liberty.

Reactions: Slippy

·
Administrator
14,709 Posts
Just Stay out of NJ. Take 81 N thru VA and PA then pick up 84 up through NY.
I'll be taking 81 to Scranton, then pick up 84 to Hartford, then on in to Providence.

·
Registered
2,624 Posts
Don't post pics of that. Governor Murphy is watching.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk
Yep! Annie is soon going to get a knock on her door by full-gear SWAT team to discuss her "high capacity space-age material grenade launcher" that was doubtlessly built to get through airport metal detectors.....

Annie, better call Saul!!!

·
Administrator
14,709 Posts
You'll be cool rolling thru Tennessee, it's like Georgia and Florida.
In 2017 when I drove to Kansas City for our reunion, the only state my weapons were in the back of the truck for was Illinois.
(I've got the receprocity list from the state of Florida about which states honor my concealed weapon license)

I love the mountain climb north of Chattanooga on the interstate.

·
Super Moderator
8,665 Posts

·
Registered
20,845 Posts
In 2017 when I drove to Kansas City for our reunion, the only state my weapons were in the back of the truck for was Illinois.
(I've got the receprocity list from the state of Florida about which states honor my concealed weapon license)

I love the mountain climb north of Chattanooga on the interstate.
If I'm thinking of the same mountain climb outside of Chattanooga, on I-24, it is a beautiful stretch of highway. At the top of the mountain is a little town called Monteagle, TN. There is a pretty descent BBQ restaurant attached to an old time Inn right near the interstate exit. I think its called The Smoke House Lodge or something like that.

Go a bit further south east from Monteagle, and you will find yourself in Sewanee, TN. Home of the University of The South. Beautiful architecture building made of sandstone (?) or another like stone. I'm pretty sure its a liberal hell hole of a private university, but it sure is a very neat campus.

·
Administrator
14,709 Posts
Yep. Monteagle.
There is a rest stop at the top, and for an old geezer that is a good distance from Chattanooga to stop and pee.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts