Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
20,845 Posts
Nice!

Serious question; Sometime in 2021, I may have to take a business trip to New Jersey. Last time I flew into Newark and promised myself I would never fly again to NJ. So, I plan to make a trip out of it and drive.

I'll certainly get up to speed on New Jersey gun laws, but if memory serves, I will not be able to take a firearm with me. My fear is that my truck with Alabama tags will become a target and even though I do not consent to searches based on the 4th A, I know that dirty NJ cops can get around that.

UNLESS there is a legal way for me to bring a firearm! Any NJ Legal 2nd Amendment Scholars out there?

·
Administrator
14,709 Posts
I'll be driving from N Florida to Rhode Island, and then on to Maine in Sept 2021.
My Florida concealed weapons license is good until I get out of Pennsylvania.
I have to be concerned with NJ, NY, Connecticutt and Massachussets. Maine is OK.

My crew cab truck has a topper on the bed, my plan was to lock my gun and ammo into a tool box in the bed, which in turn is locked to the truck.
Would this pass muster?

·
Registered
3,102 Posts
NJ is not in any way shape or form gun friendly. My sister needed permission from her township to buy a gun, then she could ask the state after they approved it.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Nice!

Serious question; Sometime in 2021, I may have to take a business trip to New Jersey. Last time I flew into Newark and promised myself I would never fly again to NJ. So, I plan to make a trip out of it and drive.

I'll certainly get up to speed on New Jersey gun laws, but if memory serves, I will not be able to take a firearm with me. My fear is that my truck with Alabama tags will become a target and even though I do not consent to searches based on the 4th A, I know that dirty NJ cops can get around that.

UNLESS there is a legal way for me to bring a firearm! Any NJ Legal 2nd Amendment Scholars out there?
Leave it home. NJ government hates guns and wants nothing short of a total ban. Having a slingshot here is illegal and will land you in jail. Laws for transporting a firearm here and horrible. It's point to point. From houss to range, gunsmith, hunting location, etc. with reasonable deviation. Even taking the long scenic way home is not exempt and can land you in court.

If you're just passing through NJ don't stop for anything but gas and get TF out of NJ.

Here is a doc from the NJ department of Justice that will show one of the many reasons New Jersey sucks. Everyone should read it. This and much worse are coming soon to a state near you if the left has their way.

http://www.njdcj.org/agguide/transporting-firearms_guide.pdf

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
72 Posts
I'll be driving from N Florida to Rhode Island, and then on to Maine in Sept 2021.
My Florida concealed weapons license is good until I get out of Pennsylvania.
I have to be concerned with NJ, NY, Connecticutt and Massachussets. Maine is OK.

My crew cab truck has a topper on the bed, my plan was to lock my gun and ammo into a tool box in the bed, which in turn is locked to the truck.
Would this pass muster?
If you are just passing through you will "probably" be ok. Keep ammo and guns separately locked. I wouldn't stop anywhere but to get gas and if you are alone I wouldn't even get out of your truck to grab a quick coffee. I live here and go from house to range, range to house in the most direct path possible. Trigger locks or cable locks on every gun. Each in a locked hard case. Ammo locked in ammo boxes. They find one round in the same case as a gun even locked in a case with a trigger lock and cable lock and the gun is disassembled you are breaking the law and they can lock you up, jamb you up in court and say good bye to ever legally owning a firearm in the USA again, forever.

NJ sucks. I hate it here.

Everyone in NJ or passing through with a firearm should put this name and number in their phone and wallet and make it your one call if you get jammed up. I don't work with or for him. He is just THE GUY you call anytime you need a lawyer when a firearm is envolved in NJ.

Evan F. Nappen Attorney at Law, PC
(732) 389-8888
21 Throckmorton Ave
Eatontown, NJ* 07724

·
Registered
Firearms & Self Defense.
4,033 Posts
Leave it home. NJ government hates guns and wants nothing short of a total ban. Having a slingshot here is illegal and will land you in jail. Laws for transporting a firearm here and horrible. It's point to point. From houss to range, gunsmith, hunting location, etc. with reasonable deviation. Even taking the long scenic way home is not exempt and can land you in court.

If you're just passing through NJ don't stop for anything but gas and get TF out of NJ.

Here is a doc from the NJ department of Justice that will show one of the many reasons New Jersey sucks. Everyone should read it. This and much worse are coming some to a state near you if the left has their way.

The document seems to be for eye service, to show that NJ is reasonable, in its gun laws. But it is left to the discretion of the LEO, whether to arrest the gun owner.

Since it is always up to the LEO whether to arrest, I suspect that in 100% of the cases, they do arrest if a gun is in the car. Then the poor sap with the gun is taken to jail.

And I suspect that any trial would be a nightmare for the gun owner; who would need to prove his innocence. Those are my suspicions.

Reactions: Triumph

·
Registered
72 Posts
The document seems to be for eye service, to show that NJ is reasonable, in its gun laws. But it is left to the discretion of the LEO, whether to arrest the gun owner.

Since it is always up to the LEO whether to arrest, I suspect that in 100% of the cases, they do arrest if a gun is in the car. Then the poor sap with the gun is taken to jail.

And I suspect that any trial would be a nightmare for the gun owner. Those are my suspicions.
100% agreement with your interpretation of the doc. It was written specifically to violate our 2nd Amendment rights and make life as difficult for gun owners as possible. Just one of many.

As far as LOE discretion it really comes down to the specific officer and the county/town you are in. There are a few areas where you would be at a much lower risk but as a overall view of the state do everything required and then some so you have a better case when you go to court.

·
Registered
20,845 Posts

Here is a doc from the NJ department of Justice that will show one of the many reasons New Jersey sucks. Everyone should read it. This and much worse are coming soon to a state near you if the left has their way.

WOW! That is FUBAR to the max degree! When I learned Geography, I was taught that New Jersey was part of the United States of America. I should get my money back for my crappy public school education. Kids, New Jersey is part of Nazi Germany.

FUBAR

·
Registered
20,845 Posts
100% agreement with your interpretation of the doc. It was written specifically to violate our 2nd Amendment rights and make life as difficult for gun owners as possible. Just one of many.

As far as LOE discretion it really comes down to the specific officer and the county/town you are in. There are a few areas where you would be at a much lower risk but as a overall view of the state do everything required and then some so you have a better case when you go to court.

Thanks Triumph for the info on NJ.

As a point of reference; A few years ago and things may have changed with Georgia going all woke and libtard... Son1 gets in a car wreck in rural Georgia, I go to pick him up. Local sheriff is at scene and so is Georgia State Trooper. Son1 is getting all of his personal items out of his car so it can be towed. He is wearing his carry weapon, a Glock 17 open carrying, then he unloads his AR Pistol, a second handgun from his console, a .22 rifle from the trunk and a large machete, and a few knives. All of his firearms have one in the pipe.

State Trooper sees the AR pistol and immediately goes to his trunk and retrieves his new AR pistol from the box to show it off to us. Says he just found out about AR pistols and bought this one that day. Local Sheriff comes over and is impressed with both AR pistols and tells us he is going to buy one as soon as he leaves the scene.

We transport the weapons to my truck and State Trooper invites us to shoot at the local range with him if we want to. I'm ready to get home so we thank him and he gives us his card and says anytime we want to shoot to call him.

I suspect that situation would have gone very sideways in NJ...

·
Registered
72 Posts
I suspect that situation would have gone very sideways in NJ...
This should tell you all you need to know about NJ.

Possession of a slingshot is a crime of the fourth degree that carries up to 18 months of state prison time and up to $10,000 fine.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts