Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We probably saw this coming if "Zero" got re-elected, and if not, we should have. Ammo shortages are happening already.

Went to several of my online suppliers (where I visit pretty much daily to look for deals), and it looks like they are sold out of item after item after item in several calibers.

No, They aren't out yet, but it's starting already. Anyone think it is going to get better in the short term??

Also received notice from a couple of direct manufactureres / sellers that have said thier suppliers are already raising their prices to deal with the increased in demand.

Couple this with the administration's immediate contact with the UN to get agreement with the Small Arms Treaty, and I can't see anything good happening.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I dont see it a problem. It is just a lot of people hyping everyone up. Supplies are low because alot of people stocked up before every election. the worst i have seen was in 2008. but this time around nothing like that happened.

the small arms treaty wont really affect us. We still produce the most small arms and consume the most small arms in the world.

By the way for those who werent smart enough to stock up before each election ......well learn and when supply exceed demand in a few months and availability goes up again just buy when you see a deal or when things goes on sale. Things will just go on as usual. if people will just stop hyping everyone up for no reason.

I shouldnt even be answering to this thread because it will feed the hype. But i just want people to understand.

An easy way to tell when things bad is when walmart dont have most ammo for sale or in stock. i mean they usally are pretty bad with stocking their ammo. But I was at walmart daily these past few days and all the wallyworld i went to still have tons of common calibers in stock which is real weird. so I dotn see any crazy rush buying.

·
Registered
24,529 Posts
ammoman is suggesting they are in limited supply, bulkammo hasn't indicated anything.

Of course, supply dries up when everyone panics. Temporary.

Personally, I am buying more Russian stuff while I can.

·
Registered
9,221 Posts
My local store has a steady flow of military ammo (5.56, 7.62x51, 7.62x39) going out the door, a little faster than before the election.
The gun sales are up by about 30% from the month before. handgun sales are at a all time high.
No panic buying yet.

·
Registered
24,529 Posts
Was at my 2nd home (gun shop conveniently located 1.5 minutes from the house) to help coworker buy her first firearm. LGS owner immediately told me he had no cases for me as he has been bum-rushed by the panic-buyers. No problem, next week will go back to normal.

In case you are curious, coworker picked the S&W SD .40 cal. She did good!

·
Registered
3 Posts
On the other hand, the local gun show at Medina Ohio was the most packed I have ever seen it since the mid 90s. And several dealers were wheeling cases of ammo out to customer's cars. Box by box... not so much, as I saw it. The cases were leaving big time, though. I met with my bud at the show that owns the Magnacaster and set up an appointment for bullet pickup at his house. 9mm, 40 and 45. The guy that usually has good prices on primers had only shotgun and small rifle primers left... everything else was gone... and we're talking 10 am on Saturday.

·
Registered
2,218 Posts
black friday sale at my gun range! also i get mine from a company owner. 223 remains elusive. my 1000 rounds have been on back order since 10/10 and predict 11/25 ummmm riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight. i want my ammo!!!

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
I ordered 2000 rounds of 5.7 in April to lock in the prices and be delivered in June, still have not seen them, most likely never will. Good thing I was not charged at the time for them, I just cancelled the credit card that I had placed the order on.

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
My LGS seems to have a good connection for the calibers I want. I grabbed a bunch of LC M855 last week (at a good price) and there were several more cans on the shelf and purportedly "lots more" out back.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts