Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is "peeling"? It is a tactical movement technique to allow fire and movement while in contact with the enemy. It can be used to break contact with the enemy.

At a basic level, this simple but highly effective technique is mainly used to move to the flank, or sides; elements or individuals are in line facing the enemy threat and will “peel out” to either the left or right. This is a good technique for moving along a linear feature, such as a road or ditch, while producing maximum suppressive fire. With the peel, when the formation needs to move right, individuals or elements will move from the left side, behind the formation, and peel back in on the right. The opposite for moving left. As each individual passes the next man, who will be providing suppressive fire, he shouts something along the lines of “move” or “last man”, or kicks his foot etc., in order to ensure that the next man knows to move. The technique is a flow of constant fire and movement. It can also be used, for example, as a way of moving to a flank out of an area of open ground to cover, when contacted by an enemy to the front.

There is a lot more where this came from - I am interested in kicking off a discussion.
Thanks.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Military tactics are something I know very little about, but would like to learn more. Keep them coming please.
Sure, I can go on for a while.

Also, you may want to check out the link in my signature for the full resource.

Here to help! Do you have any specific questions that I can address?

·
Registered
102 Posts
Gave it a thumps up & added it to my wish list.

Since it's just me & my wife at this time, have no specific questions atm. We are in the middle of swapping our property in the mountains (our BOL), I'll need to spend some time on the new property to get a feel for it before questions pop up.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Watch Tears of the Sun the tactics are spot on as far a "peeling" and squad support and assault. Who ever was the tech adviser knew his stuff.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts