Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,943 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
By my avatar name, you would correctly assume I'm a sailor. I usually sail on Galveston bay but have been known to take a jaunt down Caribbean way and a but farther.

Anyway, to go from my marina to the bay, I need to take what is called "clear lake channel" past a ton of restaurants and a boardwalk.

My daughter and I took the boat out for a sail last Saturday and once we were past crowds it was a wonderful sail. I say crowds in that it was a Labor Day weekend and the once a year or once a month idiot boater were out in droves.

So to my point. Along with all the idiots, the coast guard and auxiliary were out as well as the sheriffs boat and the local police. Given the stupidity in the water, it was a good thing and I did see them pull over a few small powerboats. I assume for drinking or general stupidity.

But what really got my attention was a 35', 3 engine (900hp) RIB with what looked like a .50cal gun in the front. The boat was gray and clearly marked, homeland security. It was very similar to the coast guard boats.

So what does HS have to do with patrolling/policing of pleasure boats in a recreational area?? Why do they have boats just like the coast guard? It's the coast guards role to protect and serve the boating public as well as the Houston ship channel and port.

In the 20 years of sailing these waters, this is the first time I've seen HS out like this... And I don't like it.

One reason I don't like it is that maritime search and seizure is very different than on land, even if you are in US water or in a lake for that matter.

·
Registered
2,123 Posts
We are in a period of Normalization and Desensitization. The HS presence raises YOUR hackles (and mine) as it should, but they more they spend time motoring around, driving around, showing up at schools and doing a little PR with the kiddos, the more normal they are seen by the average under educated voter. So you start out seeing one a month, then two a month, then one a week, then two a week, then the next thing you know you are being detained with out trial and on an indefinite basis while soldiers are quartered in your home.

Reactions: BigCheeseStick

·
Premium Member
2,943 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Well, other than some ignorant boaters, there was no security threat. Probably right about desensitization.

I firmly believe that DHS is one of the greatest threats to American freedom that we have faced in our history.

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
Looking at it in a another devils advocate sort of way. If some one went out in a boat met an ocean going vessel off shore picked up terrorists or supplies for terrorists, and DHS wasn't there we would definitely be criticizing them as being derelict and negligent. Not saying your wrong. Just saying an alternative explanation is also viable.

·
Banned
1,711 Posts
No offense but Germany in the 30's had a couple of groups that kind of set the tone - Geheime Staatspolizei (Secret State Police/Gestapo) & Schutzstaffel (Protection Squadron/SS). Don't think the current Administration hasn't studied the past. Problem is most of the rest of the US hasn't and it may be too late before Herr O has is SS & Gestapo in place

·
Registered
921 Posts
No offense but Germany in the 30's had a couple of groups that kind of set the tone - Geheime Staatspolizei (Secret State Police/Gestapo) & Schutzstaffel (Protection Squadron/SS). Don't think the current Administration hasn't studied the past. Problem is most of the rest of the US hasn't and it may be too late before Herr O has is SS & Gestapo in place
Aren't they already in place?

·
Banned
2,112 Posts
I agree that this is overkill. However, the Coast Guard is in fact a department of Homeland Security and it may have been their boat?

·
Premium Member
2,943 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I agree that this is overkill. However, the Coast Guard is in fact a department of Homeland Security and it may have been their boat?
Wasn't a coast guard boat. Clearly marked homeland security on the bow of the boat. It was grey and blue. Coast guard boat was in the same general vicinity clearly marked with their orange and while.

·
Premium Member
2,943 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
This is why they were patrolling:

“We cannot continue to rely on our military in order to achieve the national security objectives we’ve set. We’ve got to have a civilian national security force that’s just as powerful, just as strong, just as well-funded.” Barrack Husien Obama.

·
Premium Member
2,943 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Looking at it in a another devils advocate sort of way. If some one went out in a boat met an ocean going vessel off shore picked up terrorists or supplies for terrorists, and DHS wasn't there we would definitely be criticizing them as being derelict and negligent. Not saying your wrong. Just saying an alternative explanation is also viable.
Ok, fair enough but this is Houston and we have a huge coast guard contingent here in Galveston to monitor and protect. A cutter or two along with quite a number of 80'ers and tactical RIBs. In this area we have two PD's with multiple boats as well as fish and game, etc. we are well protected given this area has the third highest concentration of pleasure boats in north America.

Also, the HS security boat was 25 miles inland from Galveston and in a purely recreational area. They weren't even near the ship Chanel. The only slack I'd cut them is if they came into the area for food from one of the many restaurants.

We see the coasties all the time and they are great.. Not so with HS. Duplication or something else?

·
Registered
2,608 Posts
This is why they were patrolling:

"We cannot continue to rely on our military in order to achieve the national security objectives we've set. We've got to have a civilian national security force that's just as powerful, just as strong, just as well-funded." Barrack Husien Obama.
I believe we have the most well funded well armed stock pilled homeland security force in history. Since the Obama administration beginning, the conservatives, preppers, Tea Partiers, and Libertarians have stock piled more armerment and ammo than the rest of the entire free world combined.

We have it, however it is simply unorganized, and further at this point it is best that it is unorganized, a mob mentality with this much fire power could defend our homeland to death.

·
Registered
8,068 Posts
I believe we have the most well funded well armed stock pilled homeland security force in history. Since the Obama administration beginning, the conservatives, preppers, Tea Partiers, and Libertarians have stock piled more armerment and ammo than the rest of the entire free world combined.

We have it, however it is simply unorganized, and further at this point it is best that it is unorganized, a mob mentality with this much fire power could defend our homeland to death.
Funny how that happened without any planning or central coordination. Yet according to the White House, the American people are too damn stupid to figure out how to build a Chevrolet without a 27 year old administrator from Washington D.C. telling them how to do it. Hmmm....

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
..But what really got my attention was a 35', 3 engine (900hp) RIB with what looked like a .50cal gun in the front. The boat was gray and clearly marked, homeland security..
If I saw one cruising my home waters it'd give me a warm fuzzy feeling knowing the 50cal would bust the asses of suicide bombers trying to come ashore in rubber boats from a submarine a few miles offshore, it's not a new tactic-
"Does America realize the meaning of every Iraqi becoming a missile that can cross to countries and cities?"
Saddam Hussein, September 29, 1994

WIKI- "On June 12, 1942, the U-boat U-202 landed Dasch's team with explosives and plans at East Hampton, Long Island, New York.Their mission was to destroy power plants at Niagara Falls and three Aluminum Company of America factories in Illinois, Tennessee and New York.
In 1944 there was another attempt at infiltration..Their mission objective was to gather intelligence on the Manhattan Project and attempt sabotage if possible. They sailed from Kiel on U-1230 and landed at Hancock Point, Maine on November 30, 1944"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_Theater_(World_War_II)

The only reason it hasn't happened yet is because the muslim world is biding its time til it gets suitcase nukes, then things will really hit the fan IF the West is still giving them cause to hit us by supporting Israel and invading muslim countries.
[Koran 17.33]- "Do not kill any one whom Allah has forbidden, except for a just cause.."

·
Premium Member
2,943 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
If I saw one cruising my home waters it'd give me a warm fuzzy feeling knowing the 50cal would bust the asses of suicide bombers trying to come ashore in rubber boats from a submarine a few miles offshore, it's not a new tactic-
"Does America realize the meaning of every Iraqi becoming a missile that can cross to countries and cities?"
Saddam Hussein, September 29, 1994

WIKI- "On June 12, 1942, the U-boat U-202 landed Dasch's team with explosives and plans at East Hampton, Long Island, New York.Their mission was to destroy power plants at Niagara Falls and three Aluminum Company of America factories in Illinois, Tennessee and New York.
In 1944 there was another attempt at infiltration..Their mission objective was to gather intelligence on the Manhattan Project and attempt sabotage if possible. They sailed from Kiel on U-1230 and landed at Hancock Point, Maine on November 30, 1944"

American Theater (World War II) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The only reason it hasn't happened yet is because the muslim world is biding its time til it gets suitcase nukes, then things will really hit the fan IF the West is still giving them cause to hit us by supporting Israel and invading muslim countries.
[Koran 17.33]- "Do not kill any one whom Allah has forbidden, except for a just cause.."
I'd love to see a terrorist land in Galveston bay on a beach in the middle of a huge recreation area, via sub. That would actually be comical but then again, you have to know the geography for it to be funny.

Besides, they would be landing in a town that has the highest per capita concealed hand gun license and fire arm ownership in the state.. Of Texas!

Homeland security is the greatest threat to American freedom in our history.

·
Registered
21,643 Posts
DHS has got some scary hardware, I am sure they have watercraft also they are setting up a private military
PS: Coast Guard was out under the DHS

·
Registered
921 Posts
DHS has got some scary hardware, I am sure they have watercraft also they are setting up a private military
PS: Coast Guard was out under the DHS
The question is who is this "private military" going to fight? Besides the citizens, that is. Pretty scary sh!t.

Hopefully our "unorganized militia" will be adequate when/if the time comes.

·
Registered
2,608 Posts

US population, 311,591,917 43% admit to owning guns same declared percentage in 2011 as was stated by percentage 40 years earlier the likely actual percentage of ownership is higher, equals 133984524 gun owners in the US

Link to list of standing military participants, List of countries by number of military and paramilitary personnel - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The US population of gun owners is higher than all combined standing armys

1 - 18 of 18 Posts