Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Don't think I ever posted my 870. It has an extended mag tube, surefire fore end, side saddle and a knox recoil absorbing stock.

Only thing that I wish I had on it is a holo sight.

The knox stock is lighter then the standard stock and offsets weight of the surefirre.
How cute, it's decorated like a Christmas tree :vs_laugh:

·
Registered
3,980 Posts
I kept mine just like it came out of the box, except for putting on an extended tube. These days I would mount a flashlight, but I am just a plain white bread kind of guy with most things. Right when I need an 870, with BLM demons about, I don’t have one.

·
Registered
9,062 Posts
I kept mine just like it came out of the box, except for putting on an extended tube. These days I would mount a flashlight, but I am just a plain white bread kind of guy with most things. Right when I need an 870, with BLM demons about, I don't have one.
Serves you right for getting rid of it!

I almost never get rid of any personal guns, today prices are out of sight even on shotguns.

Yesterday I repaired a Beretta 380 from the 60's, a few years ago it would have been hard to get $150.00 for it.

It is sold by the dealer who owns it for $375.00!

Here is an I net picture of one.

PB 380.jpg

·
Registered
21,643 Posts
The 870 has long been a go to short gun. Hunting, trap, home and personal defense. before everything went cheap The Wing masters came with great wood and were a work of art. We have 870's here passed on from the last generation that are still good as new. The Wingmasters used by us for trap still great shot guns. there was a time Remington go a few things right.
I never look at cash value of any firearm we own. I can tell in general by what I see going on but just don't care.

·
Registered
3,980 Posts
Serves you right for getting rid of it!

I almost never get rid of any personal guns, today prices are out of sight even on shotguns.

Yesterday I repaired a Beretta 380 from the 60's, a few years ago it would have been hard to get $150.00 for it.

It is sold by the dealer who owns it for $375.00!

Here is an I net picture of one.

View attachment 110347
I owed my brother some money, so I gave him the Remington M870, that was a long time ago and I haven't been able to replace it.
But, I did see a Turkish 12 gauge riot gun at a pawn shop. It was built like a tank, and I have had it on my mind ever since.

I might get it if it is still there, and I don't think that has any MIM at all. Putting a MIM factory extractor on it sounds dumb, and that may typify the shabby thinking of management at Remington.

My 870's have 2 and 3 shot extensions and slings, don't need anything else hanging off of it.

Replace the extractor with a tool steel one from Brownell's.

The MIM ones chip and break.

It may let go just when you need it, Murphy's Law.
I put on a 3 round extension, it went right to the end of a 20" barrel.

·
Registered
177 Posts
My 2 870s are rather plain compared to that.
Short barrel wood stock for turkey.
Long Barrel synthetic with a cammo wrap for duck and geese.

·
Administrator
14,699 Posts
My 870 is just the way it came from the factory in 1999.
It is actually loaded with #5 shot turkey loads since it is my barnyard defender against varmints after the chickens.
I have other shotguns loaded with buck.

·
Registered
12,443 Posts
When things go bump in the night, a light attached to your 870 is a nice option if you have any doubts as to friendly person or not. Might save a lot of agony. Better than shooting one of your sons drunk college buddies.

·
Registered
21,643 Posts
posted twice

·
Registered
21,643 Posts
Bad picture Older 870 wingmaster used for trap has the nice wood. Not a discount version. It has to be about 40 years old. Still in almost new shape. A lot of rounds fired. We have a matching set.

870.JPG

As for a light on a shot gun. If you mount it right the center of the bean becomes a almost prefect aim point across the room of most homes.

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
My 870's have 2 and 3 shot extensions and slings, don't need anything else hanging off of it..

Replace the extractor with a tool steel one from Brownell's.

The MIM ones chip and break.

It may let go just when you need it, Murphy's Law.
just ordered a new extractor and stock for my old goose gun.....

·
Registered
21,643 Posts

·
Registered
10,602 Posts
Don't think I ever posted my 870. It has an extended mag tube, surefire fore end, side saddle and a knox recoil absorbing stock.

Only thing that I wish I had on it is a holo sight.

The knox stock is lighter then the standard stock and offsets weight of the surefirre.
Looks mighty nice. Very futuristic.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts