Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got a 300 salvage... And my local sporting goods store does not have ammunitions in stock for this. I am having to purchasing ammunition on line and want to be giving and supporting the right dealers... Any suggestion would be helpful...

Thanks
Bill

PS Hope all had a wonderful & delightful Christmas....

·
Banned
21,290 Posts
I tried Midway USA and Palmetto State Armory and they are out of stock. You can get notified when they have stock or order the ones that they allow back order. The .300 Savage is not the most common round available in some areas.
Before Sandy Hook and the ammo situation, I bought tons of stuff from Cheaper than Dirt but I will not buy from them now...but if you want to get stocked up on .300 Savage you might try them. Same with Cabelas or get your local gun shop to order some.
Hornady Superformance .300 Savage 150gr SST 20rds 82221
300 Savage | Rifle Ammo | Ammo
Good luck

·
Banned
21,290 Posts
I forgot about a small company that I used to buy lots of reloads from, Atlanta Arms. I only bought handgun loads from them but they might be able to help with the .300 Savage. Consistent and good quality. ATLANTA ARMS & AMMO

·
Administrator
15,480 Posts
I have always had really good luck with Lucky Gunner.

Cheap Ammo For Sale | In Stock Ammunition For Sale
I went to the site, checked a few items, got excited to see 44 Special 185 grain JHP for $30 per 50 rounds. But the shipping - ouch! $13.85!
But all-in-all if i was able to find it locally I'd probably end up paying that full price anyway.
So, I placed my order for one box.
My main pocket carry is a Charter Arms Bulldog 44 Special snub nose. (Big holes make invisible souls)

Reactions: Inor

·
Registered
461 Posts
I use Bulkammo.com. The price is competitive and I always get my goods pretty fast. 5/5 Stars I would give them.

Reactions: Denton

·
Registered
24,528 Posts
I use Bulkammo.com. The price is competitive and I always get my goods pretty fast. 5/5 Starts I would give them.
Bulk Ammo is so fast I almost want to think they know what I am going to order and when I am ordering it.

·
Registered
855 Posts
I just got a 300 salvage... And my local sporting goods store does not have ammunitions in stock for this. I am having to purchasing ammunition on line and want to be giving and supporting the right dealers... Any suggestion would be helpful...

Thanks
Bill

PS Hope all had a wonderful & delightful Christmas....
Because of your location you may be out of luck ordering online. Due to the NYS SAFE act most online retailers have stated that after Jan they will not ship ammo to NY state. Make sure you thank King Andrew for this. You might try one of the bigger retailers such as Gander Mtn or Bass Pro shop, depending on your location you may need to make a day of it. Once the State Police get their database up and running you will be subject to a background check for ammo purchases too as well as details of the purchase being transmitted to the SP. Again, thank Gov Cuomo. Send him a nice long letter about how he betrayed the citizens of NY. While you're at it make sure to Join the NYSRPA if you're not already a member and maybe buy a Repeal The SAFE act sign from scopeNY.

As you can probably tell, I'm a little bitter about this whole thing.

-Infidel

·
Registered
2,207 Posts
Sorry for my bluntness, but most are use to it...

Really, a 300 savage?

I hope it was inherited and not purchased, that is a 1920's invention which is a real clunker of a hunting rifle, I won't even consider it a decent SHTF gun..

Ammo is hard to find, ammo is sub par for ballistics, most cases in a lever action which is sub par.

IMO, sell it to a stupid collector and buy a real gun, yes I know it is harsh but I call them as I see them.

·
Registered
21,643 Posts
LAX is good also. When buying on line so much is dependent on what your looking for at any give time.
Know what you want, what you are willing to pay and when you find it buy it.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts