Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
2,218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
i was thinking about the muslim who shot up the city college in santa monica. the news says he had 1300 rounds +500 of 9mm.
I got to thinking. 600 rounds of 556 is about 25 lbs thats 50 lbs for 1200 rounds.
and Id think another 25-30lbs for 9mm thats 75+lbs of ammo + the wieght of the guns
and this cat is hopping in and out of cars and jumping fences with 80 lbs of ammo?and another 25-30 lbs in guns?
I call bullshit. and all this in a super small back pack.
Im training with the wrong outfits. the marines arent even carrying that. some help please. i call bullshit on the media's reports:?:?:

·
Registered
2,218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i think its rediculus to make a super big fantastic story and also for gun man spin to make it even sound more sinister because this guy Had bulk ammo reportedly a 308 round. thats some heavy stuff inthe photos and surveilance videos i saw there no way this dood is moving around with almost 1800 rounds. i start getting dicey with 1000 rounds of 22

·
Registered
2,207 Posts
What's cable? :grin:
I moved to the "ranch" in 1991 and haven't had cable, dish, or even rabbit ears since that time.

We got the local paper for a few years, then only Wednesday and Sunday, Now only Sunday

I saw FOX news a few weeks back staying at a motel and it was SHIT, some stupid kid in a drain pipe 24 x 7 . The basic flow was drama, drama, drama.

There is no decent reporting going on in AmeriKa

IMO

·
Mod Squad
2,260 Posts
FOX "news" is a joke. They lost their last little bit of credibility when they ran this...

No really, the illusionist Chris Angel wasn't actually in the collapsing building? You mean it was an <gasp> illusion? They had a whole team on this 'breaking story" and they are all so damn serious. Don't these buffoons realize they are the frauds? I have seen some stupid things, but this is a new all-time low, even for FOX. Pathetic.

·
Registered
4,373 Posts
Shotlady I didn't read the stories except some headlines and the amount of ammo. A couple of things come to mind based on what I saw,

1) They rolled out his "arsenal" which included the ammo you stated but I did not see reference to any 9mm or a 9mm weapon,

2) His "arsenal" was a black powder 44 and an AR-15 to which they only showed the upper.

3) They suggested 1300 rounds of 223 ammo but I saw no reference to this was with him at all but recovered from either his home or vehicle?

That might change the scope of things a tad. If I were to bug out with my F150 I'd be carrying more 223 than that plus the 9mm, plus the 308
and the 12 gauge - not too mention a case of 22LR so they'd have fun noting he had "10k" rounds of ammo with him.

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
I kept hearing the question "How did he get these weapons in California with it's strict gun laws?" I'll lay odds that the spin will be not that gun laws don't work but we need national or international bans to take full effect.

·
Registered
559 Posts
Hmm, I'm a pretty big news junky (although kicking my habit!) and I didn't see anything about this event... I wonder if it has anything to do with the fact it was terrorism commited by a muslim (ala Ft. Hood.). I'd bet someone was sitting back in the editing booth trying to figure out if they could photoshop a tea party shirt on him or something...

·
Registered
2,218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
this was a muslim also the orange county rampage that went down i think it was last month. boy it didnt stay in the news long. and it took them forever to say the guys name. then it dissapeared i think its related to that small acts of terror magazine the muslims read encouraging them to do small acts. it just horrible. a well placed ccwp woulda stopped this right away.

·
Registered
966 Posts
As some pointed out, John ain't 'xactly a Muslim name or Christopher for that matter. I think this guy was probably Christian Lebanese.

Did you notice the black powder revolver?

·
Registered
4,373 Posts
Since January 2009 more than 3,000,000 so called "AR's" have been sold in CA. The last attempt to install such a ban was written in such a way that banned any rifle that could carry a magazine of more than 10 rounds and could exchange a magazine without the presence of tools or another device (no I'm not kidding). The innovators came up with the "bullet button" which blocks the mag release on the typical AR. All it takes is a bullet (hence a tool or other device) to insert or point into the bullet button and the magazine drops.

BTW most bullet buttons just screw right on. Possession of a mag release is not illegal. So for SHTF it's pretty easy to remove a bullet button and put your mag release back in place.

I don't think we will be so lucky this time around. I suspect tougher measures are coming and it will impact us greatly.

I kept hearing the question "How did he get these weapons in California with it's strict gun laws?" I'll lay odds that the spin will be not that gun laws don't work but we need national or international bans to take full effect.

·
Registered
938 Posts
You know, I really hate to say this, but we are all really lucky all of these a$$clowns with mental problems don't really know how to run a gun. They all buy junk or utterly unreliable accessories which jam. Then they shoot themselves when the cops show up, or give up like the cowards they all are.

God help the poor people in the crosshairs if anyone skilled in weapons use ever goes on a rampage in a target rich environment. I know we had the Texas tower shooter who was an ex-Marine, and the Fort Hood shooter had some training too, but most of these people are so deranged they do not hit anywhere near what they are shooting. I hope that never, ever happens - but I really worry someday it might....

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
Have you ever seen the hme movies from the Texas tower? There were citizens on the ground using scoped hunting rifles to keep the sniper pinned down while police tried to make their way to the scene.

Without armed citizens intervening the sniper would have had much more unencumbered time to execute his targets. He did quite well until return fire came in.

You are very correct though. We have been fortunate that these mental asshats have been untrained and unversed.

·
Registered
559 Posts
Wasn't the VT shooter semi-skilled, I know I've read plenty about him practicing/training. Marine or operator no, but a little bit of practice and he was very devastating.

Keep yourself and your family safe, conceal carry everywhere possible.

·
Registered
938 Posts
I grew up in Texas.

Every pickup truck had a shotgun or lever action on a gun rack in the back window. Polite society.

It was a simpler time then - Lone Star beer, sexual revolution, no carjacking, no AIDS, and gas was 33 cents a gallon....

·
Registered
3,752 Posts
They want to ban high cap mags, thats what saved folks in colo. movie theater. Anyone who is in the know, knows that mag springs on most mags above 30 rds jam. Which is why you don't see military carrying 100 rd. drum mags. Infinitely more reliable to use 20's and carry extra mags. So the reduced mag cap laws only ensure that the next bad guy won't have FTF. Folks should know what they are talking about before they pass feel good, knee-jerk laws. jmho:) General rule is, will take 20, load 18.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts