Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

Ammo shortage

7K views 49 replies 27 participants last post by  RedLion 
#1 ·
#17 ·
I want ammo, NOW! And I want it at .50 a round for .45's. I'm gettin angry, and you don't want to see me angry.

.:!:
If you want to take a road trip up to Tallahassee I have a case of Geco .45 that I'm selling for $500. I loaded up on popular calibers four years ago and I'm now selling off to fund a new boat. I've let go of all the 9mm I care to spare but also have 5.56 and .223 that's going to my LGS as soon as the next round of stimulus checks go out.

It's all about timing:tango_face_wink:

#26 ·
I guess if you boil it down, the 2020 Ammo Shortage is caused by LIES.
I disagree Slippy. Just like the Obama ammo shortage, this one was caused by US (gun owners). We panic buy and the supply can't keep up. Honest self assessment: how many rounds do you have at home? Me, personally, probably 10,000-ish with components for 8-10K more. Since I don't competition shoot anymore, this is excessive, but I don't care. I bought most of this when timess were good and I'm sitting on it now. Too busy to shoot with the new house projects.

Honestly, I'm flabbergasted it has lasted this long. Makes the Obama ammo panic or the Clinton ammo panic look mild in comparison, but given the political climate, the virus and the riots, I'm not really surprised.

#4 ·
Murders are up here in Houston, Chicago, NY, Los Angels, many others. I see the criminals are not suffering any ammo shortages.

#5 ·
Lot of liberals buying ammo and firearms. The reason there is a shortage of 45 is I some how way over did it on 45's. Seems like I had some idea that 45 was they only hand gun in the world.

#6 ·
In talking with my local small time gun shop owner last week he said it is between 60 & 70 percent liberal, first time buyers, and a lot of women. He is ex LEO and military so he knows what to look for. Most of the first time liberal buyers have never held a gun much less fired one.

#7 ·
We had a good time at the gun show last week laughing at the idiots. Many had never touched a gun in their lives. Kind of scary at times.

The Versa Max tactical I picked up just happened to be fully loaded with buckshot. Sitting there in the rack in the middle of the show with a full mag tube loaded. :vs_OMG: Guy just racked the bolt and cleared chamber. However the Versa doesn't dump another round unless you pull the trigger or hit the shell release button by the trigger guard. So he thought it was empty. You could clearly see the loaded shell in the tube.

Ammo prices through the roof and being bought up.

#10 ·
That is the round that I have the least of, have two 1950's Winchester 94's, bought them for $5.00 each, needed to be restored.

Did the restoration including new barrels, shot both a total of 4 rounds each,

put them in a safe, been there ever since, no intensions of ever using them.

I bought a thousand rounds of 150 Gr. Winni silver tip from a dealer going out of business for $100.00.

Now this was at least 10 years ago, I consider the 1K of ammo a nothing count.

#13 · (Edited)
Think it's bad now?
Biden said that "On Day One" he will sign an EO banning all importation of firearms and AMMO.
Think about it - how much product on shelves comes from overseas? 50% ? Not just Wolf or Tula, but S&B, Norma, and others with "American" brand names like Herters.

Another reason is greedy bastards who buy everything they see in hopes of reselling it at jacked up prices at gun shows.
Plus, Joe Six Pack who is convinced he needs 5,000 rounds of 9MM for his Glock (the only gun he owns).

Reactions: RedLion and Denton
#20 ·
I don't have a six pack - more like a spare tire - but I have 5K rounds...plus :)

Hoarder? nah...prepared...multiple flavors too! Lowest is .22, highest is 9mm...then some .45, lots of 5.56...a bit 'o .308...lots of 12 ga varieties - some very scary looking ones I would NEVER want to get hit with!

All resting in my dehumidified controlled garage...shooting tomorrow! Who's in?

Peace,
Michael J.

#21 ·
California to Texas Ammo Converter

Due to the differing laws between California and Texas, the following has been prepared as a conversion chart for use in describing persons in those states who own ammunition.

Up to 25 rounds
California : Illegal munitions supplier.
Texas : Average loose rounds on floor of pickup.

26-100 rounds
California : Subversive gun nut / DHS 'person of interest'.
Texas : Still looking to buy more due to ammo shortage.

101-200 rounds
California : Police / military sniper.
Texas : Varmint hunter.

201-250 rounds
California : Illegal ammo dump.
Texas : Beginner gun owner (average age: 14).

251-500 rounds
California : Terrorist cell.
Texas : Not quite an average gun owner yet, but still shopping.

501 rounds
California : Illegal manufacturer.
Texas : Gun enthusiast using first reloader.

502-750 rounds
California : Paranoid zombie-apocalypse prepper.
Texas : Hunter readying for hunting season.

751-2,000 rounds
California : Paramilitary cache.
Texas : Texan living near border with Mexico.

2,001-5000 rounds
California : Right-wing self-styled militia whack-jobs off their rockers.
Texas : Sports shooter.

5,001 + rounds
California : Federal armed forces arsenal.
Texas : Volunteer sheriff's deputy.

#22 ·
California to Texas Ammo Converter

Due to the differing laws between California and Texas, the following has been prepared as a conversion chart for use in describing persons in those states who own ammunition.

Up to 25 rounds
California : Illegal munitions supplier.
Texas : Average loose rounds on floor of pickup.

26-100 rounds
California : Subversive gun nut / DHS 'person of interest'.
Texas : Still looking to buy more due to ammo shortage.

101-200 rounds
California : Police / military sniper.
Texas : Varmint hunter.

201-250 rounds
California : Illegal ammo dump.
Texas : Beginner gun owner (average age: 14).

251-500 rounds
California : Terrorist cell.
Texas : Not quite an average gun owner yet, but still shopping.

501 rounds
California : Illegal manufacturer.
Texas : Gun enthusiast using first reloader.

502-750 rounds
California : Paranoid zombie-apocalypse prepper.
Texas : Hunter readying for hunting season.

751-2,000 rounds
California : Paramilitary cache.
Texas : Texan living near border with Mexico.

2,001-5000 rounds
California : Right-wing self-styled militia whack-jobs off their rockers.
Texas : Sports shooter.

5,001 + rounds
California : Federal armed forces arsenal.
Texas : Volunteer sheriff's deputy.
What the heck... you think your gonna cut me off at 5k rounds? :vs_lol:

#27 ·
I've got a half a box of Shorts for my single shot 22 rifle.
I'm set.

#30 ·
If you keep your supply inside your house, you obviously don't have enough.
Mine's out in the barn, except for a few hundred rounds.
21 calibers and gauges. Some only 400 or 500, some in the thousands. Like the great deal I got on the 1954 Bulgarian military surplus 7.62X54R for my Mosin Nagants. Or the Chinese 7.62X39. Steel core, can't get it anymore, good stuff.

#36 ·
Called my local guy who sells reloading supplies. He has Federal gold medal match small rifle primers in stock! At $50 per thousand, I’ll pass. The lady told me to keep checking back as they are still receiving occasional shipments of primers on a hit or miss basis. I’ll keep checking weekly and maybe I’ll get lucky.

#37 ·
A year from now you may be kicking yourself for passing.
If the government can control the ammo and also the parts to make it they do not have to bother with the 2nd Amendment.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.