Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Banned
1,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't believe in you Amish Mafia! Ghost aren't real and neither are Amish people who are slick and skirt the law!

This time I'm calling BS. They don't even sound Amish. This is BS presented as the real thing and the discovery channel must think Americans are morons.

do they think ANYONE actually buys that line of shite! ;)

·
Registered
24,258 Posts
Even pump shotguns are a little too modern, aren't they? :)

·
Registered
240 Posts
I have a feeling that if it were true that guy going to the guys house t shoot the windshield out of his car is a far streh of reality. That guy might have not been the right one that hit that buggy, he might have came out of the trailer with his own shotgun and not been shooting out any windshields. I think it's make believe.

·
Banned
1,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have a feeling that if it were true that guy going to the guys house t shoot the windshield out of his car is a far streh of reality. That guy might have not been the right one that hit that buggy, he might have came out of the trailer with his own shotgun and not been shooting out any windshields. I think it's make believe.
For real, he didn't know what that guy was packing. I see you go for the truck and start meddling I am grabbing the shotty and cutting your ass off before you turn around, and dude was obviously watching. I'm with you, I think that was laughably unrealistic. The whole show was laughably unrealistic, they said they were in England right? Why did nobody have an English accent? Driving a Ford Taurus? Unless that was NEW England they's a ways off.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Total B.S....I know the amish in pennslyvania are a little more mainstream than say ohio but cmon. I bet they are making some good money from discovery.

·
Registered
130 Posts
It is very funny, because you know it is total BULL... Like they are going to stop people from selling chinese rip off amish goods to tourist, because it cuts into their money..

·
Registered
210 Posts
It wouldn't surprise me to find out that the Amish have some sort of plan to protect their own. The LDS (Mormons) had, or maybe have the Danites who operated as a vigilante group to handle those that tried to do harm to the church.

·
Registered
21,643 Posts
Jesse James could not build a motorcycle they had to come up with some quick

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
The Amish have always seemed a bit spooky to me; remember that X-Files episode about a small farming clan who called themselves 'The Kindred'?
They dressed all in black, went around in horse-drawn wagons and vanished from their farm at the end of the show, leaving just a crop circle!

WIKI- "when asked about the similarity between the Kindred and the Amish, series creator Chris Carter noted that "they [the Amish] don't watch TV, so I wasn't worried about it"
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gender_Bender_(The_X-Files)

PS- It was Series 1 episode 13 and called 'Gender Bender' but I think it was changed to the more sensible 'Kindred' or 'The Kindred' in some other countries.

·
Registered
70 Posts
(A closing credit clarifies that “re-creations are based on eyewitness accounts, testimonials and the legend of the Amish Mafia.”)

·
Registered
11 Posts
There's not a reality show out there that isn't staged to one extent or another. They're all a crock of shit.

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
There's not a reality show out there that isn't staged to one extent or another. They're all a crock of shit.
Correct,
The storage wars is putting thing in the storage to make their show more interesting.
'Storage Wars' Reality Show Might Distort the Truth | Video - ABC News

Even talent show like America's got Talent turns into who has the saddest story and not talent, Then they say the winner gets 1-million dollars (but they don't tell you it over a 40 year period) The winner two years ago got a one time payout of around $200,000 instead of 1-million.
If the Amish had TV they would probably sue the TV show.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts