Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 20 of 108 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I may be finding out late about this but, the National Geographic channel is airing a 2 hour fictionalized movie about a national grid down disaster.

The movie premiers Sunday October 27 at 9:00 pm. The national Geographic website describes the fictional story of a national power failure in the United States caused by a cyberattack. Sounds as if the attack is similar to an EMP attack, solar flare, or other kind of grid failure.

The site synopsis says the story "... is told in real time over ten days."

The synopsis describes the story as, "gritty, visceral and totally immersive, see what it takes to survive from day one, and who would be left standing when the lights come back on."

I'm not associated with NatGo in any way. I simply saw a teaser on the channel this morning and thought I would pass on information in which ya'll might be interested.

·
Registered
4,373 Posts
That will be a interesting watch. I know we all have opinions on how such a thing would impact us, our neighbors and communities. There is no real way to tell.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hey guys, just a reminder. This movie premiers Sunday at 9:00 pm ET and re-airs at 11:00 pm ET also on Sunday. Check the NatGo schedule for other re-airs. If memory serves, it plays again late night/early morning on Monday 28th and Wednesday 30th.

·
Super Moderator
9,165 Posts
Since it is produced by Nat Geo (does Doomsday Preppers),I'm curious how they will portray the prepper family. On Doomsday Preppers they seem to portray most preppers as the nut cases we are accused of being. OH! My favorites was the father who shot his left thumb off or nearly off. Wish I lived next door to him. After he kills himself, I could buy all his supplies cheap.

·
Super Moderator
9,165 Posts
We can only hope. I'd love to see an increase in the number of preppers. I bet some people will watch and say they have to started preparing for the inevitable. The next morning they will have forgotten all about their pledge.

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
Dead and Blackout are set to record. I'll be watching Blackout, at least until I fall asleep. 4 AM comes early...

·
Registered
2,218 Posts
I watched this. very good movie. hopefully it will convince more people to be prepared for at the very least 30 days until they can get a real plan together.

·
Super Moderator
9,165 Posts
Well, I watched it. It seems to prove that the unprepared will ban together to loot what they need and want. The prepper family shouldn't have taken the daughter's boyfriend, didn't understand what would happen and didn't comprehend the result of his actions. The entitled will die a nasty death. Things it didn't portray, IMHO, a lot more people would die from dehydration than was shown. Scared the jeepers out of my wife. Asked me how real I thought it was. Personally I give it an A for effort but. Realism, maybe a C and showing what would really happen I give it a D. Good for TV but that's it. But then again, if it makes a few more people join the ranks of the prepared, I guess it's ok.

1 - 20 of 108 Posts