Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Amazon.com: Guard Dog Security Halo 290 Lumen 5 Function Waterproof Rechargeable Tactical Flashlight (5.9-Inch, Black): Sports & Outdoors

Camera accessory Font Automotive lighting Cylinder Automotive wheel system

Compact cassette Camera accessory Audio equipment Gadget Musical instrument accessory

For $34 you get a waterproof, rechargeable, 290 Lumen flashlight. I have owned this for over a year, used it almost weekly, and I had to recharge it last week, only because it was getting a little dim. (I drained it fully first). I have dropped it on cement, down the stairs, knocked it over all the time, and it still works just like the day I bought it. (it's shockproof) The light reaches out about 300ft from my patio, when it's very dark out. It comes with the battery charger, and I bought 2 extra rechargeable batteries just in case, though I have never had to use them. The top also doubles as a self defense or glass breaker. My wife always gives me crap about how many flashlights I own, and this has to be my favorite, as well as my headlamp.

Gman303

·
Registered
161 Posts
That is a nice light, I will have to order one to try it out. I just purchased a Nebo 310 lumen with an adjustable focus, 3 power settings, strobe and S.O.S. functions. It is water resistant, not sure how "waterproof it actually is..... but it is a great light.

Nebo 5620 Redline Select Flashlight - Amazon.com

Camera lens Camera Camera accessory Lens Digital camera

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
I looked up both flash lights from above and they both are using LED lights which is great as you know longer have to worry about the bulb burning out and are much more efficient then other lighting devices. For shtf situation I like a flash light that has both a large and small LED, I have a couple of sidewinders but it doesn't have near the power of the above flashlights.
Streamlight Sidewinder Sportmans / Tactical Flashlight with Articulating Head FREE S&H 14002, 14006, 14007, 14000, 14027, 14012, 14001, 14022. Streamlight Flashlights.

·
Registered
365 Posts
So far I have yet seen many take a beating like a Timex & still function.

Penetrates smoke, 10 year warranty, has NO batteries, 90 second charge time.
Can be charged from nearly anything. AC or DC

Can be left on charger indefinitely Light For Life™ UC3.400™ Flashlight
Those are nice lights but they are expen$ive, larger than a maglite, and have a short run time.

·
Registered
212 Posts
They are less than half the size of a maglight.

You usually do not need a flashlight for a couple of hours at a time.
Remember they recharge in 90 seconds!
Plus when you drop it no need of worrying about the bulb.

It outperforms all of my maglights & others by far.

You just can NOT use it as a club.

·
Registered
444 Posts
May not be trendy or cool enough, but I am very pleased with my Walmart Special Coleman Max(s). I love them, very bright, and great battery life.

·
Registered
18 Posts
"For $34 you get a waterproof, rechargeable, 290 Lumen flashlight. I have owned this for over a year, used it almost weekly, and I had to recharge it last week, only because it was getting a little dim. (I drained it fully first). I have dropped it on cement, down the stairs, knocked it over all the time, and it still works just like the day I bought it. (it's shockproof) The light reaches out about 300ft from my patio, when it's very dark out. It comes with the battery charger, and I bought 2 extra rechargeable batteries just in case, though I have never had to use them. The top also doubles as a self defense or glass breaker. My wife always gives me crap about how many flashlights I own, and this has to be my favorite, as well as my headlamp."

I just ordered it. Thanks for the info. I will provide my thoughts once I have had a chance to try it out.

Pete

·
Registered
1 Posts
This thing is great. Very bright, too. Well worth the money.
I also ordered one after reading the thread - thanks to the OP for posting it.

I've had mine for a week now and rather impressed with the light in consideration of its cost. I plan to order a couple more.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts