Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I keep one of these on my bag. It’s smaller than cigarette pack and it runs off 2-AAA’s and runs forever. 40+ hrs with my little apple ear buds that come with an iPhone.

It doesn’t have a weather band but I have a few others that do, they’re a little larger.

But honestly there’s a lot of weather being reported across the stations and especially when bad weather is expected.

For what it’s costs it’s a winner. If it gets smashed, no real loss.

·
Registered
21,094 Posts
Thanks for sharing!

My weather related comment; I'm sick of excessive wind/rain thunderstorm events/rain, high humidity, the threat of tornadoes, hurricanes and stupid people.

Thanks!

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for sharing!

My weather related comment; I'm sick of excessive wind/rain thunderstorm events/rain, high humidity, the threat of tornadoes, hurricanes and stupid people.

Thanks!
You live in the wrong state as we have an abundance of all that ails you

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have one of those little cranky turn radios that doesn't need batteries and has a flashlight too.
Those are nice. I have one but it’s a little too bulky to carry around in my emergency kit.
Does yours charge other equipment too ?

·
Registered
24,231 Posts
I have one of those little cranky turn radios that doesn't need batteries and has a flashlight too.
I bought one of those in 1999. No idea where I put it. How lazy am I that I won't crank a radio?
I now have a Grundig. Great radio. I enjoy scrolling around short wave.

·
Registered
Staying alive
478 Posts

I bought one of those recently. Not to sure why. Runs on 2 internal rechargeable 18650 batteries with 3 AA as backup. Also has a little solar panel along with the crank. It would probably take a month to fully charge it with the small solar panel. It is capable of charging other devices though and has AM/FM/weather band, flashlight, and a siren.

20210408_022521.jpg

·
Registered
9,116 Posts
I bought one of those in 1999. No idea where I put it. How lazy am I that I won't crank a radio?
I now have a Grundig. Great radio. I enjoy scrolling around short wave.
Have scanned the shortwave bands since 1950-51.
Dragged a Zenith radio out of the dump and hauled it a half mile to home on my
little red wagon.
Put up an antenna outside made from stripped outside telephone wire and started SWLing.
The next one I built from scratch, got a Hallicrafters SX100 for my 16th birthday,
then a Heathkit Dx-35 for Christmas.

·
Super Moderator
9,811 Posts
Those are nice. I have one but it’s a little too bulky to carry around in my emergency kit.
Does yours charge other equipment too ?
No. Its older and doesn't have that feature.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

1 - 11 of 11 Posts