Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
About 10 years ago a TV docu about the human brain said microscopic flecks of aluminium are often found in the brains of Alzheimers victims, and they showed a microscope slide of a dead victims brain to prove it, and suggested that it comes from aluminium cooking pots and pans.
Aluminium conducts electricity, and as the brain is humming with electricity it's possibly being short-circuited.
I immediately switched to teflon-coated type cookware and have stuck with it ever since.
But for some reason the aluminium/Alzheimers link was never made widely known to the general public, perhaps the government was suppressing the info in case it wiped out the aluminium industry as people would dump their aluminium cookware in droves if they knew.
The link was mentioned again in this cutting from yesterdays national Daily Express newspaper, but in a small way 6th in the list-

·
Registered
2,123 Posts
I like cast iron but they say that high iron levels in males cause testicular cancer - that's why "mens" vitamins have less iron than "womens."

Now they have ceramic coated non-stick cookware. I wonder what that will do to me? I'm sure we won't know until its too late.

Reactions: jimb1972

·
Registered
94 Posts
Myth 4: Drinking out of aluminum cans or cooking in aluminum pots and pans can lead to Alzheimer's disease.

Reality: During the 1960s and 1970s, aluminum emerged as a possible suspect in Alzheimer's. This suspicion led to concern about exposure to aluminum through everyday sources such as pots and pans, beverage cans, antacids and antiperspirants. Since then, studies have failed to confirm any role for aluminum in causing Alzheimer's. Experts today focus on other areas of research, and few believe that everyday sources of aluminum pose any threat.
Memory Loss Myths & Facts | Alzheimer's Association

·
Registered
3,373 Posts
So they really don't know what causes it, they have a good idea of what doesn't cause it...other than that they know it exists and is fatal 100% of the time. I have a hunch that things like this are caused by complex set of factors coming together, a perfect storm scenario. Individually each factor is not a risk but in just the right combination, lethal.

I'm wearing my aluminum foil hat as I type this, so take it for what its worth, just my opinion.

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
We're always being told that various things cause such-and-such an illness but most of the time it's unproven so we can't take it too seriously, but with the aluminium thing we SAW with our own eyes on TV flecks of aluminium in Alzheimer victims brains under the microscope.
That hard evidence was enough to make me dump all my aluminium cookware forever!

·
Registered
3,373 Posts
I don't doubt that there are flecks of aluminum in the brains of Alzheimer patients, one has to wonder if they are the cause of the illness or the result of the illness. I whole heartedly agree with not using aluminum cookware cups canteens and such, yet for other reasons. There are simply better materials available for such items.

·
Registered
93 Posts
You never know what they put in our foodware this day.
The plates you eat off can give you some sort of desease.
Yes you cook over an open fire you run the risk of cancer.
Some of the food you eat can cause some sort of desease.

The saying goes "If you buy it from your local food store and you don't know what is in it, then you run the risk of catching something."
Goes to show how much man has changed the earth.

·
Registered
6,086 Posts
Yep, living is a terminal illness. That's why I choose to actively live life and enjoy as much of it as I can.
As for cancer, the only real cause for cancer is exposure to radiation. We are all exposed every day to small amounts that add up over time. If you live long enough you are likely to get cancer. My mom lived to be 68 and never got it but my dad died of cancer (non-specific cancer) when he was only 55. I am nearly 8 years older than he was when he died.

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
there is a company called Salad Master who manufactures surgical stainless steel pots and pans for cooking. very expensive but healthy. they make their cookware with the same stainless used for medical purposes. teflon causes cancer and aluminum pots cause alzheimers.

·
Registered
6,086 Posts
Alzheimer is caused by a breakdown of processes in the brain that keep plaque build-up from destroying neurons. In patients suffering from this disease the plaque build-up is responsible for the symptoms not a build-up of aluminum.

Let's at least try to be responsible posters and check our sources before posting?

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
..Alzheimer..the plaque build-up is responsible for the symptoms not a build-up of aluminum.
Let's at least try to be responsible posters and check our sources before posting?
Mate, you disappoint me by implying we should be sheeple and believe everything the Establishment tells us!
Jesus said- "The world wants you to dance to its tune.." (Matt 11:16/17), and I don't dance..:)
NO source has ever said straight out- "Aluminium in the brain is harmless", therefore we can assume they just don't know.
Some sources like the one below say there IS a link, so I for one am playing it safe by not touching aluminium cookware-

New Study Links Aluminium Intake to Osteoporosis and Alzheimers Disease
Written by Andrew Puhanic
Published on Wednesday, August 22nd, 2012
A new study published in the International Journal of Electrochemical Science has discovered that cooking with aluminium increases the risk of developing Osteoporosis and Alzheimer's Disease
New Study Links Aluminium Intake to Osteoporosis and Alzheimers

·
Registered
2,616 Posts
Fear not! I am sure someone with Obamacare is working on a mandate to let us all know what cookware is acceptable and must be purchased from a company whose CEO is now an ambassador to Switzerland, where he/she can oversee the secret accounts of the dems.

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
I've got enough of various metal parts holding me together my family is just gonna recycle me when I kick. A bit of aluminum is the least of my worries:shock:

·
Registered
3,373 Posts
Stainless steel and glass cookware seems to be reasonably okay.

Teflon, is used in food packaging and a study shows that there are traces of Teflon in people who frequent fast food places. Because the food wrappers are impregnated with Teflon which comes off and is ingested.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts