Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Super Moderator
State of Grace
7,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's a plant worth picking up at the store if you haven't already.

From google search:
How does aloe vera kill bacteria?
It has antioxidant and antibacterial properties
Aloe vera gel contains powerful antioxidants belonging to a large family of substances known as polyphenols. These polyphenols, along with several other compounds in aloe vera, help inhibit the growth of certain bacteria that can cause infections in humans.
Aloe vera is a popular medicinal plant that people have used for thousands of years.
Aloe vera, or Aloe barbadensis, is a thick, short-stemmed plant that stores water in its leaves. It is best known for treating skin injuries, but it also has several other uses that could potentially benefit health.
This article lists eight potential health benefits of aloe vera. It also covers some of the risks associated with use.

·
Super Moderator
9,438 Posts
After searching the Internet and reading all the statements about aloe vera helping relieve sunburn pain, I find no evidence to support the claim of aloe vera having any SPF benefits. Please substantiate your claim with your reliable source.

·
Registered
gardening, food preservation and storage, DIY
114 Posts
After searching the Internet and reading all the statements about aloe vera helping relieve sunburn pain, I find no evidence to support the claim of aloe vera having any SPF benefits. Please substantiate your claim with your reliable source.
Information like this used to be so easy to find. I remember this from research done by others years ago, and I do have reliable sources on file ... but I have very recently installed a new OS on the PC I am currently using, so all of my files are backed up on FD ... I will have to either dig deeper online for longer, or dig through my files (pretty sure I remember what file and where to find it though). When I get there, I will get back to you. Please feel free to remind me until I do.

Here's one source, although I think it is a matter of opinion as to whether it is reliable.

Aloe Vera: Medicinal Uses, Benefits For Skin And Hair, Supplements And Recipes

Here, they say aloe gel has an SFP of 30, the data I have on file says 19, other sources say less.

·
Super Moderator
9,438 Posts
Thanks for the source out of India. I will have to read it thoroughly.
Edit: I guess I have to purchase you book???? I'd really like to see a reliable source to your claim.

·
Super Moderator
9,438 Posts
After hours of searching the Internet, I find nothing to support the claim of aloe vera having any SPF benefits. If you have supporting data, please post it.

·
Registered
114 Posts
After hours of searching the Internet, I find nothing to support the claim of aloe vera having any SPF benefits. If you have supporting data, please post it.
So far, the links I have on file lead to websites that no longer exist, but I have more files to dig through, and here is another example that is still available as reference:

I'll keep looking for more, but these days, it seems to keep getting more and more difficult to find sources that don't lead readers away from natural options (such as ivermectin) and to toxic pharmaceutical drugs (such as the clot shots, I mean, the covid 'vaccines').

·
Registered
253 Posts
I have a aloe vera,in which I've had it for 4 years now.and no.i have no idea to how it has survived me this long.lol

Last time I used it.was when a neighbor fell onto the extremely dirty concrete while putting his trash into the dumpster.but the germs n all from there is so bad.the scraps still got infected. lesson learned.go with a antibiotic as well next time.

·
Registered
114 Posts
I have a aloe vera,in which I've had it for 4 years now.and no.i have no idea to how it has survived me this long.lol

Last time I used it.was when a neighbor fell onto the extremely dirty concrete while putting his trash into the dumpster.but the germs n all from there is so bad.the scraps still got infected. lesson learned.go with a antibiotic as well next time.
Did your neighbor clean the wound well with warm soap water, before patting dry, and applying aloe vera gel? Was the wound also covered with a clean bandage, that was changed daily, until mostly healed?

·
Registered
317 Posts
OP quoted a source that states that certain compounds in aloe vera "help inhibit the growth of certain bacteria that can cause infections in humans." Notice it does not say it kills bacteria. It says it "help(s) inhibit growth". Big difference.

·
Registered
11,270 Posts
It's a plant worth picking up at the store if you haven't already.

From google search:
How does aloe vera kill bacteria?

Aloe vera is a popular medicinal plant that people have used for thousands of years.
Aloe vera, or Aloe barbadensis, is a thick, short-stemmed plant that stores water in its leaves. It is best known for treating skin injuries, but it also has several other uses that could potentially benefit health.
This article lists eight potential health benefits of aloe vera. It also covers some of the risks associated with use.

How well does it work in comparison to urine? Sure somebody has tried it and knows for sure.

·
Super Moderator
State of Grace
7,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
How well does it work in comparison to urine? Sure somebody has tried it and knows for sure.
How does it taste? Maybe I should can it...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts