Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Administrator
15,100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's Friday night and the joint is jumpin'. We seem to be drawing a good crowd lately.
Congratulations to the administrators.
And you new guys - get busy posting, don't be just standing around with your hands in your pockets.

Reactions: Rocky and shotlady

·
Registered
363 Posts
Lol I'm trying. But I'll admit I'm a bit gun-shy about posting too many questions. On another forum I frequent, if you ask a question someone asked two months ago, it's like a mob jumping all over you for not knowing how to use the search function properly. But then I figure, if someone doesn't like my post, they don't have to read it. So yah, everyone start asking questions, I have a lot to learn:)

·
Registered
921 Posts
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Dont we all.

I like the old saying that the only dumb question is the one never asked.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I'm learning a lot just by lurking. Plus, it's great entertainment!

But I will try to contribute more...:oops:

Reactions: rice paddy daddy

·
Registered
2,797 Posts
Although I am pretty new at this forum I am blown away at the number of new folks I see almost everytime I log in here! At a couple fo other larger forums I frequent, the influx of new members has been fast and furious. Dont know if its just a case of mass panick or if folks are just starting to kind of wake up and get more engaged. Its a good thing any way you look at it.

Lol I'm trying. But I'll admit I'm a bit gun-shy about posting too many questions. On another forum I frequent, if you ask a question someone asked two months ago, it's like a mob jumping all over you for not knowing how to use the search function properly.
Yeah I have seen that too as I am sure we all have. Ive never really been one to pounce on some one for that. Its good to revist subjects from time to time to get new insight as often times these discussions will often fall in to the cracks and be archived on the back page. By bringing some of them up periodically the new folks get to get involved in the discussion too. I know I for one have evolved on a number of subjects over the years, so sometimes it is good to rehash old topics! This forum seems to be somewhat small and a tight nit group of folks so I dont think anyone will be getting roasted too bad asking something again 2 months later down the road.

·
Registered
292 Posts
If we're going to be in this together the best thing that each of us can do is to contribute to it in a positive/better way.

Spreading the information and knowledge will make each of us a stronger person. Like in the military knowledge is spreaded throughout the ranks, you never know if the LT is going to get killed and the Platoon Sgt. just might have to take over and the same can be said for the Sgt.

Support those who support you. Be with those who are in the foxhole with you. One day I just might need the help of my next door neighbor. Or how about the one whose family is not on board with him/her BEFORE TSHTF? What a sad situation to be in. You're in the foxhole with someone who doesn't even have a clue. Who never took the time to p/u a weapon let alone know that you have to take the weapon off safety to fire it. Does your partner even know it it's your habit to keep one round in the chamber or not? I could go on but I am sure you get the point. ASK and ANSWER way! You will only be a better person from doing so.

·
Administrator
15,100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I belong to 20-30 boards: survival, weapons, veteran, history. And this is a nice, clean, friendly site, compared to some others.
That's why I'm here at least several times a day.
Like Desert Marine says, we are all in this together. I'm always willing to help a new comer, after all we all were FNG's at one time.
There are no stupid questions, you can not learn without asking what you want to know.

·
Registered
887 Posts
I belong too 2 boards and a couple gaming communities. I like my quiet life in the country. Is whats sad is I'm having to teach my son about rotation sleeping and lame things like that right now. Hes doing well. He got to see Anonymous and got a kick out of it. Hes still a bit sad about the shooting but I showed the silly conspiracy stuff and a song that's an adult toon but has the right beat for the occasion. So his moms gonna be pissed when I ask her to home school him but she don't work anyways. I cant believe Portland Oregon schools were shut down on Thursday because of threats of violence. So maybe shell be reasonable. Countrys gone to hell in a handbasket.

·
Administrator
15,100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
Who are the admins and owner? Anybody from SB?
I got a message on Colt Forums about this site yesterday and joined.
No, they are not from SB.
It was started earlier this year, and really started growing when notices were put on other sites.
If you scroll all the way down to the bottom of the main index page you will see links to other good sites, such as the Colt Forum. I'm a member there as well as a few others listed - S&W, Taurus, Shotgun Forum, Ruger and some others. Check 'em out.

Reactions: Filthy McNasty

·
Registered
2,797 Posts
Yes I am originally from SB and I have seen you there or at least thought you were the same person(Rice Paddy Daddy & Filthy McNasty) based off your user name and content of your post. I am also on Perfect Union and Ruger Forum and in fact I think the latter forum is where I saw a banner for this one.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Yes I am originally from SB and I have seen you there or at least thought you were the same person(Rice Paddy Daddy & Filthy McNasty) based off your user name and content of your post. I am also on Perfect Union and Ruger Forum and in fact I think the latter forum is where I saw a banner for this one.
Hey LF! I recognize your name from SB. Glad to "see" some familiar faces (or so to say..)
Keeping the same name is helpful to credibility if you intend on doing any online selling, buying or trading.

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
..this is a nice, clean, friendly site, compared to some others...
Yeah I've walked out of 4 prepping/survival sites this year (3 Brit and 1 American) because of dumbass overbearing admins/mods and too many squabbling bickering sour-minded members, the bad vibes are terrible.
If they don't know how to get along together in a forum, they sure as hell won't be able to get along in survival groups when SHTF, they'll fall apart inside 5 minutes and I want no part of them.
"If you hang around with losers you become a loser"- Donald Trump

·
Registered
280 Posts
"If they don't know how to get along together in a forum, they
sure as hell won't be able to get along in survival groups"---LuckyJim

It is amazing that so many lose sight of this simple basic......
so very sad.

Reactions: rice paddy daddy

·
Registered
205 Posts
I'm pretty excited to be here. In the few days I have been a member on this forum, I have seen direct, helpful answers to many questions I have had about things. I am definitely looking forward to my time here.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts