Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

101 - 113 of 113 Posts

·
Registered
10,733 Posts
So, first let me say that I do believe that it is narrow minded to think that in all the expanse of the cosmos we are the only ones. Now am I saying that a doomsday event will happen, no not really.
With the upcoming Pentagon report being released June 1 I felt this would make an interesting topic.
I know this subject is a touchy one with lots of jokes and bullying but I please ask that we keep the humor down and lets have a REAL talk about our thoughts.
I love playing the "devils advocate" so I will start.
First, IF alien life has been proven to be in contact with our planet then that will completely toss out all the Christian beliefs in a god as they see it. No where in the bible does it talk about spacecraft and them making contact. Which could set up a large scale panic and confusion in ones own personal belief system. Should that occur do you think it will create a run on the banks, food, supplies? What about the fear factor? Do you think that it will bring the world together or create a bigger rift?
Again please keep hurtful comments out of this discussion and lets try to play nice.
Think we may be starting with some faulty assumptions on this interesting topic. The Bible does speak of strange flying contraptions and Jesus himself said he had "Sheep in other Folds," which surely dont rule out the possibility as being a reference to life on other planets. Who has heard of Ezekiels Wheel whithin a Wheel? Why dont we start under the assumption it was some type of alien UFO and let the scoffers and speculators prove otherwise?

·
Registered
10,733 Posts
I firmly believe any species traveling anywhere near earth, would lock the door on the ship and not make any stops.
Unfortunately that would not jive with the theme or most sci fi fictional plots..the space aliens are coming to teach us new things in preventing us from hurting other salient life forms in our parsec. They have been watching us test the H Bombs from afar and dont like what they have seen. lol. They aint coming to just whizz on past.

·
Registered
Keystone 610
35 Posts
100+ posts! Wow, really interesting to see different perspectives on something we know so little about

·
Registered
6,100 Posts

Reactions: Kauboy

·
Registered
125 Posts
I don't usually join in these types of conversations, but wth...

First, I think the government docs will say something like, "Yep, there's something up there but we don't know what it is." Nothing new. Will they use this to instill more fear or to garner support for some agenda? Maybe. That would not surprise me.

Second, is there life out there? Maybe. No way to know. Debate that until hell freezes over and you still won't have an answer (yet).

Third, as for God, same thing. I won't go into the reasons because we have all heard that ad nauseum.

However, on days when I sit and let my mind ponder, I think what if we are just pawns in a game? What if God(s) started this whole earth/human thing like a game of chess? They don't intervene, they just sit there and say, "OMG! God, did you see the latest on Earth? Wth are they doing?" And have a good laugh. Or shake their heads in disgust. Maybe even bet on what will happen next? "Ok, God, you owe me three galaxies! I told you that's what would happen if we gave them free will!"

·
Registered
6,100 Posts
"Twilight Zone" was good at getting into that type of thing.

·
Super Moderator
1-6 months, natural disasters or economic collapse
9,621 Posts
We're 9 days into June.
Has this "report" been released yet?

·
Registered
6,100 Posts
We're 9 days into June.
Has this "report" been released yet?
The smart people are taking a good hard look at what is going on nationally and internationally so they can formulate a precise statement for the peons to latch on to and the propaganda arm of the progressive party, formally known as the media, to lie about and turn our attention elsewhere.
Timing is everything.

If Putin shows the world what a putz Biden is, the report changes.

Reactions: Histati and Kauboy
101 - 113 of 113 Posts