Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

61 - 80 of 113 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1-6 months, natural disasters or economic collapse
9,621 Posts
I don't know how you even measure a distance of....say 10 yards and be within a millimter of the exact same measurement on both sides... create a perfect 90* wall that is exactly the same measurement across on the floor as it is 8' up in the air....in the dark, with only oil light and a copper tool softer than what you are carving.
But if you say so....lol.
Depending on the area and time, ancient Egyptians had access to copper, bronze, and even iron tools.
Limestone is considerably softer than granite, so that could be dealt with using just about anything, including tools made from flint.
For granite itself, bronze and iron tools were the likely choice.
Why would you assume they worked in the dark? Most pyramids were open to natural light until they were completed. The various underground chambers had shafts reaching the surface, allowing light in.
Why do we only give them credit for the least effective means, and then use that as evidence of our claims?

Also, why would a "close, but not perfect" measurement lead one to believe that a space-faring race did the work?
Shouldn't their work be accurate to microns, or better?
And why would they choose rock as their medium? Why not pull material from another place on the planet, or introduce steel working, and use that?

Reactions: KUSA

·
Registered
6,100 Posts
We'll have to leave it at...I don't know.
You apparently do...lol...but I have my doubts.

This is one of the Indian caves in full daylight. The one with the mirror finish and flatter than a sheet of glass.

Reactions: inceptor

·
Registered
6,100 Posts
Whatever you say. Like always.

·
Registered
6,100 Posts
Ah, yes.... the old "I'm smarter than they were, and I can't figure it out. So there's no way they could" gambit.
The best engineers and scientists can't figure it out.

·
Super Moderator
9,621 Posts
The best engineers and scientists can't figure it out.
Modern engineers and scientists don't have the same motivations, tools, mindset, or experience of those ancient engineers.
Necessity is the mother of invention.
Those people NEEDED to make it work.
Under threat of death, I bet our best minds would figure it out.
;)

We'll have to leave it at...I don't know.
You apparently do...lol...but I have my doubts.
Nope, never claimed I know. But I look at the artifacts that history has left to us, and contemplate the alternatives.
We know they had iron tools, and we know they had access to sunlight until the roofs were complete.
I have my doubts about people who don't take advantage of the full breadth of knowledge available at the stroke of a few keys.
Some claims are easy to disprove with just a bit of effort.
I don't see evidence for aliens interacting with ancient civilizations. The fact that things exist for which we yet have an explanation is not evidence.

·
Registered
6,100 Posts
Modern engineers and scientists don't have the same motivations, tools, mindset, or experience of those ancient engineers.
Necessity is the mother of invention.
Those people NEEDED to make it work.
Under threat of death, I bet our best minds would figure it out.
;)

Nope, never claimed I know. But I look at the artifacts that history has left to us, and contemplate the alternatives.
We know they had iron tools, and we know they had access to sunlight until the roofs were complete.
I have my doubts about people who don't take advantage of the full breadth of knowledge available at the stroke of a few keys.
Some claims are easy to disprove with just a bit of effort.
I don't see evidence for aliens interacting with ancient civilizations. The fact that things exist for which we yet have an explanation is not evidence.

Anything is disputable without concrete, indisputable evidence.
The evidence...and lack of evidence, are the very reason the debate continues, with many that know far more than either of us.
What it boils down to is....my claims are just as disputable as yours...as of this point in time.

Reactions: Kauboy

·
Registered
6,100 Posts

·
Super Moderator
9,621 Posts
Anything is disputable without concrete, indisputable evidence.
The evidence...and lack of evidence, are the very reason the debate continues, with many that know far more than either of us.
What it boils down to is....my claims are just as disputable as yours...as of this point in time.
Indeed, and I'm all for debate that is confined to the realm of reason. When a claim is made about copper tools being insufficient, but a counter claim is made that iron tools which could do the job were available, that should put the argument about copper tools to bed. But it still persists all over the internet... but only in places where the only conclusion people seem to draw is "aliens did it".

I'm perfectly fine with the "we don't yet know" position.
I can't yet entertain the notion that an advanced race contributed when there is no verifiable evidence of said race in any other aspect of history. (advanced tools, advanced materials, advanced technology, compositions that are not naturally found on Earth, etc...)

If a space-faring race came here and helped do these things:
Why did they stop?
Why did they use such primitive materials?
Why did they keep their human counterparts ignorant to more advanced means of production?
Why did they limit themselves only to large-scale architectural endeavors?

I mean... c'mon... Egyptians invented papyrus. You don't think they might have appreciated their alien helpers given them a BIC pen?

·
Registered
6,100 Posts
Indeed, and I'm all for debate that is confined to the realm of reason. When a claim is made about copper tools being insufficient, but a counter claim is made that iron tools which could do the job were available, that should put the argument about copper tools to bed. But it still persists all over the internet... but only in places where the only conclusion people seem to draw is "aliens did it".

I'll ask the same as I did above.
Please point out what metals or the derivatives of metals were available...that could hold an edge and be used with the force necessary to create a perfect 3" round bore in granite.
Please don't respond with meteorite iron.

·
Super Moderator
9,621 Posts
I'll ask the same as I did above.
Please point out what metals or the derivatives of metals were available...that could hold an edge and be used with the force necessary to create a perfect 3" round bore in granite.
Please don't respond with meteorite iron.
Haha... I didn't make the odd claim that aliens might have done it.
We know extraordinary accomplishments have been done by humans around the world. I defer to the likelihood that this was also man-made.
It would be on you to prove your case first, since it undoes history.

·
Registered
6,100 Posts
It would be on you to prove your case first, since it undoes history.

I would challenge that comment.

What history does it undue, especially if NO ONE can prove it was done by man or machines man had in that period?

The point is....no one to date has been able to prove the bores were made by man.

They also haven't been able to prove they were not made by man.

·
Super Moderator
9,621 Posts
I would challenge that comment.

What history does it undue, especially if NO ONE can prove it was done by man or machines man had in that period?

The point is....no one to date has been able to prove the bores were made by man.

They also haven't been able to prove they were not made by man.
But you're making a false equivalence between two possibilities.
One possibility is reasonable, though currently unprovable; that man is responsible for the astounding architectural monuments of antiquity.
The other is unreasonable, as there is no evidence to suggest otherworldly influence played a role.
Saying "we can't prove they didn't" is not an equally weighted argument.
Thousands of years of humans doing profound things gives credibility to the "man did it" argument, even if we can't explain it yet.
But there is zero support to the claim that alien visitors did it, since there is no discernable evidence of them doing anything else at all throughout the same history.

Now, if you'd like to take this opportunity to state your faith in this truth, then I'll not press the issue any further. I won't hinder a man's position of faith, no matter how hard it is for me to entertain.
;)

·
Registered
6,100 Posts
Please show me proof positive of how the ancients were able to make core drillings.
Take as much time as you need.

Reactions: Annie

·
Registered
6,100 Posts
One possibility is reasonable, though currently unprovable; that man is responsible for the astounding architectural monuments of antiquity.
The other is unreasonable, as there is no evidence to suggest otherworldly influence played a role.
Then by that thinking, it is unreasonable to think the UFO report coming out June 1st is nothing but hogwash...that it's impossible there are alien craft flying around earth at will...un-noticed by our most sophisticated radar.

And since the possibility of UFO's is hogwash, the possibility of aliens manning those UFO's is also hogwash.

Let's also throw in that any possibility of alien life existing on earth in ancient times is also hogwash.

Let's face it. There is as much PROOF aliens helped as there is man created some of this stuff (borings) on his own.

None, in both cases.

There are many other anomalies yest to be explained.

·
Super Moderator
9,621 Posts
Then by that thinking, it is unreasonable to think the UFO report coming out June 1st is nothing but hogwash...that it's impossible there are alien craft flying around earth at will...un-noticed by our most sophisticated radar.

And since the possibility of UFO's is hogwash, the possibility of aliens manning those UFO's is also hogwash.

Let's also throw in that any possibility of alien life existing on earth in ancient times is also hogwash.

Let's face it. There is as much PROOF aliens helped as there is man created some of this stuff (borings) on his own.

None, in both cases.

There are many other anomalies yest to be explained.
You really like false equivalencies, eh?

We have lots of proof of UFOs, including photographic and radar.
We have no proof that they're alien in nature. At least not yet.
Without any evidence that aliens exist, why would it even be a theory to suggest they played a role in shaping past civilizations?

As for how the boreholes were created, it's pretty easy... They used a Dewalt hammer-drill with a masonry bit, cordless of course, since they didn't have electricity.
It was brought back in time by people from the year 3000, and then they took it back with them.

Prove me wrong or accept it as another "reasonable" theory.

61 - 80 of 113 Posts