Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 117 Posts

·
Registered
Build a short term supply of items with my ability to source items in survival situation
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, first let me say that I do believe that it is narrow minded to think that in all the expanse of the cosmos we are the only ones. Now am I saying that a doomsday event will happen, no not really.
With the upcoming Pentagon report being released June 1 I felt this would make an interesting topic.
I know this subject is a touchy one with lots of jokes and bullying but I please ask that we keep the humor down and lets have a REAL talk about our thoughts.
I love playing the "devils advocate" so I will start.
First, IF alien life has been proven to be in contact with our planet then that will completely toss out all the Christian beliefs in a god as they see it. No where in the bible does it talk about spacecraft and them making contact. Which could set up a large scale panic and confusion in ones own personal belief system. Should that occur do you think it will create a run on the banks, food, supplies? What about the fear factor? Do you think that it will bring the world together or create a bigger rift?
Again please keep hurtful comments out of this discussion and lets try to play nice.

·
Super Moderator
1-6 months, natural disasters or economic collapse
9,630 Posts
Methinks the OP might misunderstand the purpose of the Holy Bible.
It's not an encyclopedia of all existence.
It's a lover letter from a creator, and an instruction manual on how to live peacefully with each other.
None of that changes because other creatures from space arrive to say "hi".

I am a devout Christian. I believe the human race is a fallen creation. I believe that God loves us so much that he submitted the ultimate sacrifice in our stead to appease his own demand of righteousness from this fallen creation.
Did he make other creations elsewhere? Perhaps. The Bible doesn't say one way or the other.
If they exist, did they too fall short of his desires for them, or did they remain pure, and thus advance to levels we can't imagine? Who knows? Perhaps we'll ask them if we ever meet.

I too struggle with the idea that all life in the entire universe happens to exist on a single ball of dirt in one system in one arm of one tremendously huge galaxy out of billions.
The simple probability seems absurd.
However, newer theories have been proposed that suggest our specific set of exact variables found here are extremely unique. At least unique compared to all of the planets and systems we've looked at thus far. Admittedly, that is infinitesimal compared to what is out there. But it does mean that life SHOULD NOT be as prevalent as we once thought, and in-fact could be quite rare indeed.
Time will surely tell.
Or we'll obliterate ourselves and never really know.

In my opinion, one thing is certain. If we do make contact with intelligent alien life, our petty squabbles will fade away as we come to recognize that we truly are one race, one species, and this is OUR planet.

·
Registered
5,854 Posts
Why?

I asked myself the same question. For the sake of a debate, what if a spaceship lands and out walk white skinned, ****-sapiens. Aside from more attractive noses and nicer shaped ears, they would look very similar to my Uncle Frank.

...so...

Immediately, six high school sophomores converge on the "aliens" only to find out that these "strangers" all speak English, and their craft's numeral is "131." Yes, I also think that '131' was a very polite classification to use for our planet and gravity.

They tell the kids to calm down, as they mean no harm. After all, these aliens have been secretly feeding special engine modifications to Harley-Davidson. In fact, space alien Og-Mah is married to Christina Aguilera's sister.

You see, if a movie is good on earth, it's probably good on Saturn. If a space alien likes blondes, then it figures he watched Hollywood movies. Personally I'm going to ask the guy for a "third jug" so I can burn-out even faster.

But I saved the best until last. When I was confirmed at a Catholic Church decades ago, there was this strange little guy also in the group. I have a fuzzy picture from that evening, and I personally think the little guy I saw was the same alien, Og-Mah...

...he had a Rosary, got it from his mother...

·
Registered
48 Posts
Since when does absolutely everything have to be in the bible? Granted, the bible is God's inerrant word, but God is not obliged to letting you know everything under the sun, moon and stars.
Facts brotha. Nothing could shake my belief in God. He’s done too much in my life .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
48 Posts
Methinks the OP might misunderstand the purpose of the Holy Bible.
It's not an encyclopedia of all existence.
It's a lover letter from a creator, and an instruction manual on how to live peacefully with each other.
None of that changes because other creatures from space arrive to say "hi".

I am a devout Christian. I believe the human race is a fallen creation. I believe that God loves us so much that he submitted the ultimate sacrifice in our stead to appease his own demand of righteousness from this fallen creation.
Did he make other creations elsewhere? Perhaps. The Bible doesn't say one way or the other.
If they exist, did they too fall short of his desires for them, or did they remain pure, and thus advance to levels we can't imagine? Who knows? Perhaps we'll ask them if we ever meet.

I too struggle with the idea that all life in the entire universe happens to exist on a single ball of dirt in one system in one arm of one tremendously huge galaxy out of billions.
The simple probability seems absurd.
However, newer theories have been proposed that suggest our specific set of exact variables found here are extremely unique. At least unique compared to all of the planets and systems we've looked at thus far. Admittedly, that is infinitesimal compared to what is out there. But it does mean that life SHOULD NOT be as prevalent as we once thought, and in-fact could be quite rare indeed.
Time will surely tell.
Or we'll obliterate ourselves and never really know.

In my opinion, one thing is certain. If we do make contact with intelligent alien life, our petty squabbles will fade away as we come to recognize that we truly are one race, one species, and this is OUR planet.
I love this post ! Well said

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
9,512 Posts
Why?

I asked myself the same question. For the sake of a debate, what if a spaceship lands and out walk white skinned, ****-sapiens. Aside from more attractive noses and nicer shaped ears, they would look very similar to my Uncle Frank.

...so...

Immediately, six high school sophomores converge on the "aliens" only to find out that these "strangers" all speak English, and their craft's numeral is "131." Yes, I also think that '131' was a very polite classification to use for our planet and gravity.

They tell the kids to calm down, as they mean no harm. After all, these aliens have been secretly feeding special engine modifications to Harley-Davidson. In fact, space alien Og-Mah is married to Christina Aguilera's sister.

You see, if a movie is good on earth, it's probably good on Saturn. If a space alien likes blondes, then it figures he watched Hollywood movies. Personally I'm going to ask the guy for a "third jug" so I can burn-out even faster.

But I saved the best until last. When I was confirmed at a Catholic Church decades ago, there was this strange little guy also in the group. I have a fuzzy picture from that evening, and I personally think the little guy I saw was the same alien, Og-Mah...

...he had a Rosary, got it from his mother...
Simon Parkes has stated he is married to a cat like alien and they have a child together. Was that child you?

·
Registered
5,854 Posts
Simon Parkes has stated he is married to a cat like alien and they have a child together. Was that child you?
Hard to say. Did his alien child have beautiful blonde hair, demand to wear blue jeans when going anywhere and get his first folding knife at the age of eight?

If so, it could be me or my "bro" from the bike club. We are not related, but our sheriff said, "If you take a picture of only one them, then you have of picture of both." And my best buddy of the time, "Blake" isn't Sicilian nor can he speak a cogent sentence...

·
Super Moderator
9,512 Posts
Hard to say. Did his alien child have beautiful blonde hair, demand to wear blue jeans when going anywhere and get his first folding knife at the age of eight?

If so, it could be me or my "bro" from the bike club. We are not related, but our sheriff said, "If you take a picture of only one them, then you have of picture of both." And my best buddy of the time, "Blake" isn't Sicilian nor can he speak a cogent sentence...
No, he doesn't talk about the child at all. He does go on about his relationship with Cat Queen. I guess they weren't married.

·
Registered
24,403 Posts
Biblically speaking, I am led to believe that even the stars were created for the benefit of man, and man was created to commune with and worship his Creator. I don't believe there is intelligent life on other planets.

There are UFOs, no doubt. Some are man's creation and some, I believe, are demonic in origin. Why demonic? so as to confound humans and lead them from God. I also believe these contacts will increase.

·
Registered
1,941 Posts
First, IF alien life has been proven to be in contact with our planet then that will completely toss out all the Christian beliefs in a god as they see it. No where in the bible does it talk about spacecraft and them making contact. Which could set up a large scale panic and confusion in ones own personal belief system.
I think the Muslims would more upset than the Christians. The Buddhists would probably not care. The Scientologists would probably say I told you so. The aliens would probably have their own religion that they would force on humans. Things could get interesting.

·
Registered
5,854 Posts
The aliens would probably have their own religion that they would force on humans. Things could get interesting.

Ya' know, KUSA, you got me thinking. Consider this, when we have a new forumite joining the place, we don't ask that many questions. The guy could be Russian, or YIKES, he could even be a Seventh Day Adventist.

My wife was raised Catholic, and her parents hounded her more than once about her choices in men. First it was my brother (the bookish one) and then there was me (the arrested one).

As for religion, I too was tortured into the Catholic Church. I even wanted to pull a stint in De Sales Preparatory Seminary. I almost made it, but then like a fool, I used my own knife to slice the wafer. Oy, Vey, it was Milwaukee for Pete's sake, and there was a gun club right across the street from the Seminary!

One funny thing, being I'm now SDA I'm still awakened most nights by the traditional Saints. I did ask St. Justin (a martyr) why he kept me awake with lessons when all the Catholics slept peacefully.

St. Justin sighed, "Well, Tourist) we make sure the Catholics sleep soundly since they believe they're the only one's up there..."

"No way," I gasped.

"Oh, yes, my child," St. Justin admitted, "It was Don Hudson who taught me how to throw a perfect spiral..."

"You're a member of Green Bay Packers?" I jubilantly gushed.

"You bet, kid," the saint shrugged, "Do you think I'd even speak to one of those unholy Chicago Bears...?"

·
Registered
60 Posts
The odds favor there being many, many types of intelligent life out there. Given the billions of billions of stars (and correspondingly billions more planets) it‘s statistically logical that there are many planets of intelligent life out there. As far as them reaching Earth, that’s a whole different story. Given the mind boggling distances to the nearest star, Proxima Centuri (4.25 light years), there would have to be propulsion systems on a scale that we have not thought of yet. If you take our Voyager spacecraft (which has left our solar system) it is traveling at 11 miles per second. That men’s it would take 73,000 years to Rech Proxima Centuri. Possible, certainly. Likely, I’m just not sure. It would be an incredible thing but, again, I just can’t see why there wouldn’t be contact of some kind if they came all this way. As for its effect on religion, that’s way beyond my pay grade..

·
Super Moderator
9,512 Posts
Biblically speaking, I am led to believe that even the stars were created for the benefit of man, and man was created to commune with and worship his Creator. I don't believe there is intelligent life on other planets.

There are UFOs, no doubt. Some are man's creation and some, I believe, are demonic in origin. Why demonic? so as to confound humans and lead them from God. I also believe these contacts will increase.
Look around. If we are the smartest beings in the universe, this universe is in deep :poop:.

·
Registered
Keystone 610
36 Posts
If someone looses there faith over the discovery of aliens then that’s there problem. It’s really sad for someone to think that our humanity can be summed to us being bags of meat with a little bit of electricity running though it.

I believe that a lot of people have had experiences that can’t be explained. At the same time you have had a lot of people come out with some far out BS stories because they are nutty or making money. To much noise to hear and not worth it to take it seriously.

Whatever comes out on June 1st is still going to leave us scratching our heads saying “wtf is it”

If it turns out they are real and here then there is not much we can do about it. Maybe they are studying us like an entomologist studying ants fighting over a mound of dirt. Our planet would have nothing to offer a civilization that is millions or even billions of years more advanced then us. We are probably no more then a curiosity to them and if we ever became a nuisance we could be plucked out as easy as a weed in your garden.

·
Registered
254 Posts
If you want to talk about religions as where this topic is headed you need to ask yourself, who created God or the divine one, what or who created God or divine one as something can't be created from nothing. Think people are misunderstanding this whole God or the divine one creation, they didn't have thinking process when life started if such exist, God or this divine one of such religion was just a particle the created another particle when combined with particles and the evolution took place.
So if we came from the big bang theory then what created the area the big bang theory happened in. Such as is it is besides looking for those answers where ever we came from is where other "alien" life forms came from.
Are they really aliens visiting or they came before us in the evolution spectrum checking up on us for whatever reason.

1 - 20 of 117 Posts