Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What do you guys think of them? i kind of like them. sometimes they are quirky and off the wall, but other times they are spot on.

·
Mod Squad
2,260 Posts
I like the idea of Alex Jones more than I like Alex Jones. To me, he's like the Erich Von Daniken: he brings up some interesting stuff, then goes way too far and tries to force fit everything into his theories. I take what he says with a grain of salt, but think he is more accurate than the mainstream media, even though he does go off the deep end a lot. I guess sensationalism sells iodine.

I haven't seen that much of Beck, but what I have seen is about the same as Jones. The mainstream media slants it one way, he slants it to fit his view, and the truth is probably somewhere in between. I suspect the truth is a little closer to Beck and Jones than to the bought and paid for MSM though.

Reactions: jesstheshow

·
Registered
4,373 Posts
I happened to see A Jones on TV once and believe him to be capable of hyping anything anyone would believe if it means he could sale something off it, and Beck I think the same but with more focus on politics then conspiracy. Personally I would play golf with GB, but I don't think I'd even have a beer with AJ.

·
Registered
8,068 Posts
What's not to like about Glenn Beck, high school graduate, ex-Catholic turned Mormon, drug addict, alcholic, only married twice.
Yep - you are right Barack Hussein Obama does not have any of those problem. So are you throwing your cards down?

Alex Jones is just a showman. God bless him, but he is just making money. He does not play in to your argument. And frankly, he does not play into my argument with you.

Glenn Beck on the other hand, is actually doing the research and coming up with historical proof to his claims. But I guess that does not matter because he has a problem with alcohol and drugs. If you have evidence that Mr Beck misstated or modified the facts, please let me know, as I have not seen anything close to your claim. Frankly, Mr Beck has been attacked by the main slime media for at least 6 years now, but none of them have been able to come up with anything substantive. Why is that?

But those uppity Mormons.. Sheesh! They only published the de facto standard for all prepper books - But that does not mean anything.

Throw down your cards or blow it out your ass pal.

·
Registered
966 Posts
Yeah, and they believe that a guy with a magic rock in his hat translated golden tablets that no one but him ever saw.

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
Glenn Beck on the other hand, is actually doing the research and coming up with historical proof to his claims. But I guess that does not matter because he has a problem with alcohol and drugs. If you have evidence that Mr Beck misstated or modified the facts, please let me know, as I have not seen anything close to your claim. Frankly, Mr Beck has been attacked by the main slime media for at least 6 years now, but none of them have been able to come up with anything substantive. Why is that?
I'll delegate Glenn Beck to the Tweedle Dee in my earlier post, but only cause I like ya sir. Both gentleman have put in a lot of time and effort to get where they are, and at some point in time during both of their careers they were excellent sources of information (so long as with anything you verified anything you read prior to telling everyone the "facts"). The problem is they both went off the deep end. Alex just went batshit. Glenn's head got bigger than the moon.

I think it was when he was talking with Penn Jillette, he mentioned how he planned to rewrite Common Sense by Thomas Paine. Penn stuttered and blinked, and so did I (not that I'm on a level with either, but I'm also not a simpleton). That's around when I stopped watching Glenn Beck. He became so full of self worth I felt like I couldn't trust him anymore. That was a good two or three years back now I think. I'm a horrible judge of time.... but it's too bad, because every society needs the guys on the soap boxes, crying foul from the corners. They just need to be careful they don't turn them into the elite they're warning us about.

·
Premium Member
4,932 Posts
I think even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in awhile
What's not to like about Glenn Beck, high school graduate, ex-Catholic turned Mormon, drug addict, alcholic, only married twice.
Bahahaha! GLEN BECK?! Seriously?! You can't actually believe you are getting news from someone like this, can you? The guy is on tv purely for shock entertainment purposes. As long as you realize that, he's great! The same thing goes for Bill Maher.

·
Registered
8,068 Posts
Yep - you are right Barack Hussein Obama does not have any of those problem. So are you throwing your cards down?

Alex Jones is just a showman. God bless him, but he is just making money. He does not play in to your argument. And frankly, he does not play into my argument with you.

But those uppity Mormons.. Sheesh! They only published the de facto standard for all prepper books - But that does not mean anything.

Throw down your cards or blow it out your ass pal.
My apologies guys.

This is not a good week. I am stuck in a really shitty area of one of my least favorite cities in the entire world - San Francisco. To make matters worse, today is Mrs Inor and my anniversary (so I am more homesick than usual). My client this week are a bunch of really decent guys who are already promising to have me back (which is the absolute last thing I want since I HATE it here). But, because they are a bunch of really decent guys, there is no way I can turn them down.

I have only been here two full days and I am already getting really short with the beggars and bums; tonight I told one of them to "go eff your mother". That is usually not a phrase that I utter until my fifth night in San Francisco.

The knuckles on my right hand are already bright red from punching hippies in their stupid monkey faces. Today I had one of them come up to me asking me to sign a "referendum" to get Congress to vote on some stupid thing (I did not even pay attention to what the issue was). REALLY?!?! I thought these geniuses were spending tens of thousands of dollars per year to learn stuff? Didn't anybody bother to tell them that the U.S. federal government does not have any kind of initiative and referendum system?!?! Go eff your mother hippie! BOOM!

To make matters worse, there is some kind of huge conference in town right now for salespeople working for technical companies. I hate sales people working for technical companies - ESPECIALLY WHEN THEY WANT TO TALK TO ME ALL THROUGH MY EFFING DINNER!!! Do not talk to me! Can't you see I' m eating?!?!

So again, I apologize this week for not being the usual light happy smart-assed Inor you are used to. Deal with it. :)

·
Registered
6,086 Posts
Well, for what it's worth ... happy anniversary! Getting home will be worth the wait.
As for SF, well you have my empathy. I have been to California twice and I will never go back - no that's not true. I will go back when the state becomes a libertarian stronghold ... I guess I was right in the first place.

Reactions: Meangreen

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
I like both but I Alex Jones a little more..He watches the stuff I am concerned about, Alex does to much drama for me sometimes but I like the information ... GLenn Beck I like but he kinda plays the emotions to much for me good research tho..Plus both watch what mainstream don't..

·
Registered
8,068 Posts
Well, for what it's worth ... happy anniversary! Getting home will be worth the wait.
As for SF, well you have my empathy. I have been to California twice and I will never go back - no that's not true. I will go back when the state becomes a libertarian stronghold ... I guess I was right in the first place.
Thanks

·
Banned
1,972 Posts
What do you guys think of them? i kind of like them. sometimes they are quirky and off the wall, but other times they are spot on.
I think, at the end of the day, these men are disinformation artists. At least 90 percent of what they say has merit, but they are still there to promote the agenda so as to make it look like only the most ignorant of people actually believe the message.

Note that Glenn Beck draws his paycheck from Rupert Murdoch. Rupert Murdoch sits on the Board of Directors at the Council on Foreign Relations (a ONE WORLD GOVERNMENT / NEW WORLD ORDER organization.) Do you think that the CFR would really let a message get out that threatened their agenda? Alex Jones is married to a leftie and Jones has a tendency to over-dramatize events.

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
The knuckles on my right hand are already bright red from punching hippies in their stupid monkey faces. Today I had one of them come up to me asking me to sign a "referendum" to get Congress to vote on some stupid thing (I did not even pay attention to what the issue was). REALLY?!?! I thought these geniuses were spending tens of thousands of dollars per year to learn stuff? Didn't anybody bother to tell them that the U.S. federal government does not have any kind of initiative and referendum system?!?! Go eff your mother hippie! BOOM!
This is what scares me about our future. There are enough of these people who haven't gone full vegan yet (vegetarians are slightly more healthy, having had enough protein to actually stand under their own volition), and they are mobilized in their unified vision of a left world. They hear the latest issue on twitter, don't bother to investigate it any further and bam, they're out on the streets asking people to sign their petitions.

If anyone thinks they actually know what's on those petitions, go watch Penn & Teller's Bullshit, in particular the episode where they get a bunch of these idiots to sign a petition banning water.

Meanwhile, our side is losing traction. While the older generation is still going to town hall meetings (which aren't quite as effective as social media anymore), the younger generation is too worried about making $15 an hour flipping burgers at McDonalds to be interested in any real issues. There is such a huge sense of entitlement that even when an issue does present itself, they expect others to handle it so they can facebook, hit the club, and play video games.

·
Registered
8,068 Posts
Yesterday was my anniversary too Inor. Hard to believe she has put up with me for 25 yrs and we are still best friends. This woman deserves a medal.
Congrats! - To Mrs Interceptor that is... :)

Reactions: inceptor
1 - 20 of 43 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.