Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
4,373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
No not the terrorist one, my personal need to bug out one.

·
Registered
938 Posts
I read an article this week that said the police in Sanford, Florida and surrounding towns and cities are going door to door, literally, and asking community members to respect the jury's decisions and not riot.

Doubt it will have much effect on those looking for an excuse to pick up a new flat screen (literally) but it is an interesting approach.

I will be monitoring events closely. I plan to be ready, and we stocked up on supplies tonight getting what we need. Gas up the vehicles tomorrow and get ready to deal with whatever comes.

Mark O'Mara is an incredibly talented trial attorney and he may get Zimmerman acquitted outright.

If that happens, there will be riots. If you are in Florida, or other areas where racial tensions are problematic, be on guard....

·
Registered
4,373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'd worry more about Detroit, Chicago, LA, Atlanta, Oakland and if they start will it domino into other cities or can they quash it quickly? They did manage to keep RK riots to about 3 cities as I recall but it was a west coast decision and east might have been past the news hour. If they wrap up jury instructions early tomorrow and the come back NG in 20 minutes i wonder if the tinder box gets lit or not. I thugh the case was so poor against him everyone could see it....then I read CNN.com and see the bias and have to wonder.

·
Registered
4,692 Posts
Either way, like stated, gas up the vehicles, get an extra bag of dog food , and by all means, LOAD all your magazines.

·
Registered
4,373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Check, check, and check.....
I'm home all day tomorrow. I'll be watching a bunch of TV. Might do a little packing drill at noon.

·
Registered
936 Posts
I'm definitely going to be on alert, more than normal, if there is a Not Guilty verdict. It could be worse than the Rodney King case. I don't expect riots and looting everywhere but there could still be some "revenge" violence and that could happen just about anyplace. I certainly won't be going to the large city to my south. To get there I have to go through some very undesirable areas.

·
Premium Member
2,943 Posts
He's going to prison. The jury wil be pressured into a conviction of at least manslaughter and he'll be given the max for politics and racial reasons.

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
This judge has committed so many indiscretions the list of items worthy of appeal is a mile long. In fact, if I'm the defense attorney I'm filing Judicial Misconduct charges with the state bar, that are already typed and in my brief case, along with a mile high stack of appeal documents before I ever leave the Court House.

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
The OJ Simpson jury were a bunch of easily-manipulated sheep who the clever defence team made punch-drunk and disoriented.
So a repeat performance in the Zimmerman case is a distinct possibility. The prosecutors will make much of the fact that the poor little kid was unarmed and the dozy jury might convict Z on the grounds that he used "unreasonable force" to defend himself.
Let's hope his defence counsel keeps putting the picture in juror's minds of Z on his back on the ground with a nigrah straddling his chest punching him in the face and slamming his head into the ground.

·
Administrator
15,108 Posts
"I am a man of peace. But if war comes to my door it will find me home." Winston Churchill

Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. James 1:2-3 /NIV

God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
The courage to change the things I can,
And the wisdom to know the difference.

Reactions: shadownmss

·
Registered
8,068 Posts
It would be tragic if Detroit burned.
Are you kidding?!? Detroit sits on some really good ground. Having an opportunity to rebuild it into what it should have been would be a blessing.

·
Registered
4,373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Never too many rednecks with guns.

I think he is acquitted and then the Feds will arrest him for violating trayvons civil rights....ala Rodney Kings police officers.

Nothin' is gonna happen. Sanford is too small and Blacks only make up 30% of the population. Too many red necks with guns.

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
Never too many rednecks with guns.

I think he is acquitted and then the Feds will arrest him for violating trayvons civil rights....ala Rodney Kings police officers.
I was thinking that but with 2014 mid terms coming are they going to take action that would mobilize the oppositions base?

·
Banned
2,112 Posts
It's called a compromise verdict and unfortunately, is likely to be used. Which is why Zimmerman's attorney was so very vocal against it. The state, over and over again was completely unable to prove 2nd Degree murder. Mainly because it didn't happen.

The court, including the prosecutor, expected Zimmerman to be unconscious before he fired his weapon. At minimum, I think they believe he should have stopped, obtained a medical evaluation of his injuries, and if shown to be "minor and insignificant", gone back to having his head bashed into the concrete by this thug until his injuries were severe enough to warrant him shooting. Which according to them, should have been his own death. Obviously none of them have ever been in this situation. Zimmerman had seconds to make a decision. They've had a year and a half to try and pick that decision apart and couldn't do it.

Even the judge knew the state had no case which is why she tossed the prosecution yet another bone on the manslaughter. Absent an acquittal, I think we'll ultimately be seeing a new trial. Appeals court should jump all over this one. The judge couldn't have been any more biased. If nothing else, she'll become a new hero for the black community and we'll see her appointed to some presidential cabinet post. I think she's actually smarter than we all give her credit for.

Reactions: Renec
1 - 20 of 27 Posts