Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner
21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1-6 months, natural disasters or economic collapse
10,025 Posts
The Guns & Gadgets Youtube channel showed a news article screenshot of an initial report concerning the director asking for a reshoot of a scene. To which Baldwin replied (jokingly) something like, "A reshoot? How about I just shoot you both?", and he pulled the trigger. Completely unconfirmed as of yet, but damning if true.

·
Super Moderator
10,025 Posts
Reuters is reporting that, according to affidavit statements, Baldwin was practicing a cross-body holster draw from a seated position during a rehearsal when "the weapon fired".
This whole story is being told as if the gun magically shot itself.
Notice the article's title, "Alec Baldwin was aiming at camera when gun discharged - affidavit".
The narrative was being written before the body was even cold. Alec will be made to be the 3rd victim in this incident, instead of a possible perpetrator.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I'm reading that the crew was plinking for fun during down times, despite complaining about long work days. Then, there was an assistant director who had been fired from a set in AR (about 2 h from me actually) for sloppy firearms discipline on another set.

The idiocy is mind-boggling. We have hundreds or thousands of live-fire military drills per day in this country without manslaughter occurring.

Take home message: Just stay away from professional actors and movie sets.

·
Registered
157 Posts
You ever tried changing your tact a bit?
A majority of your posts are calling out what you think are failures of others, and generally include an insult.
If you honestly think the people here don't understand simple things, try to teach them with reason and rationale, and keep the petty jabs to yourself.
I'd caution you though... a lot of folks on here know far more than they let on. ;)
As do I…

·
Registered
991 Posts
Your right I don't spend a lot of time playing cowboy for a camera. However I would assume somebody is behind said camera and I shouldn't point a gun at it. Pretty basic knowledge.

Lack of basic knowledge, with an attitude like that. My guess is you won't last long once the SHTF.

It's one of the safety rules. Never point a gun at people, whether it's loaded, or not.
Furthermore, Baldwin was simply practicing a draw. Does it matter where he's facing at that point?

·
Super Moderator
10,025 Posts

·
Registered
6,324 Posts
The rumor I read was that it was a Trump supporter getting even for Baldwin's SNL performances.

Reactions: 7515

·
Registered
6,324 Posts
It’s too bad he didn’t have it pointed at his own head.
I don't wish any harm to his family but I hope he suffers from this until he dies.
And not for his stance on President Trump.
He is an arrogant and vile imbecile.

·
Super Moderator
9,673 Posts

·
Super Moderator
10,025 Posts
At least they were honest enough to clearly state that it was he who fired the gun.

I still can't get passed the fact that, if this had happened anywhere else, in any other scenario imaginable, it would STILL be the person who pulled the trigger at fault.
If I was a gun store owner, an "expert" in firearms, and I handed a customer a firearm and declared aloud to the entire store "COLD GUN", and that customer proceeded to shoot their spouse dead because they pulled the trigger on what they were told was an unloaded gun, the law makes no bones about the situation. Negligent homicide charges exist explicitly for this type of scenario. The shooter is charged, and anyone that may have lead to the incident can also face charges.

·
Super Moderator
9,673 Posts
At least they were honest enough to clearly state that it was he who fired the gun.

I still can't get passed the fact that, if this had happened anywhere else, in any other scenario imaginable, it would STILL be the person who pulled the trigger at fault.
If I was a gun store owner, an "expert" in firearms, and I handed a customer a firearm and declared aloud to the entire store "COLD GUN", and that customer proceeded to shoot their spouse dead because they pulled the trigger on what they were told was an unloaded gun, the law makes no bones about the situation. Negligent homicide charges exist explicitly for this type of scenario. The shooter is charged, and anyone that may have lead to the incident can also face charges.
It seems the narrative they are taking to court is that the armorer had no idea there was live ammo there. A disgruntled employee must have done this to sabotage the movie.

Gun safety rules be damned, Alec is above that.

21 - 34 of 34 Posts