Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Read Only
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So it appears that Mr Baldwin a outspoken liberal against gun rights for citizens has now killed more people with his prop gun than I have with anything in my gun safe.
Perhaps a little fire arms knowledge on his behalf would have done him a little good.
BoF

·
Registered
67 Posts
So it appears that Mr Baldwin a outspoken liberal against gun rights for citizens has now killed more people with his prop gun than I have with anything in my gun safe.
Perhaps a little fire arms knowledge on his behalf would have done him a little good.
BoF

A properly trained six year old would never have done this. The hypocrisy is overwhelming.

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
While it is tragic both for the deceased and Mr. Baldwin, if he's treated like a normal American, he ought to face charges of Reckless Discharge of a firearm and involuntary manslaughter. We can be pretty sure that he didn't intend to kill that nice lady. But his negligent actions are the proximate cause of her death.

Perhaps 5 years in a New Mexico Prison will set his mind to rest. On a more somber note, he's going to have to live with his guilt for the rest of his life.

·
Registered
6,324 Posts
The glitch in him not facing any charges as an actor is....he was also a producer.

Reactions: 7515

·
Super Moderator
1-6 months, natural disasters or economic collapse
10,025 Posts
Not enough facts known yet...
I despise the man, but that doesn't mean I want him punished without cause.
It all comes down to who a jury believes was responsible.
Initial reports are that there was a union walkout due to safety concerns. The propmaster was not part of the local union that does this work. There is a speculative report that the gun could have actually belonged to Baldwin, but this is not yet confirmed.

I consider career actors to be toddlers. They are told where to stand, what to say, what to do, and just have to make it convincing. They assume that everyone else is taking care of them, and that when they are handed a gun for a scene, it's already been triple checked.

Since there is not yet any motive presented for why Baldwin would have hurt anyone, or why anyone preparing the gun would have wanted to cause harm, this will fall into the category of negligent homicide. Who gets the charge is the remaining question.

·
Registered
6,114 Posts
Frankly, I don't think Baldwin is capable of any serious or capitol crime. He's an 'actor' in the very loose sense. And usually guys like Baldwin have dozens of servants and butlers to wipe his butt any time anything truly serious manifests itself. Like, perhaps his waffles have the edges burned, or his former Mercedes has waxing marks on the hood, that sort of thing.

As for law enforcement, I doubt if a serious cop would even get into the studio. Baldwin wouldn't be of the topic anyway, it would be his manager who did all the heavy lifting.

So, a young woman is dead. My guess is that Baldwin will make one or two visits to his psychiatrist, he'll have a good cry, pick up a copy of 'People' or 'Life" and then he crawl into his new Maserati--and all the while forget "what's her name"...

·
Registered
6,288 Posts
My question is WHY was even a safe or clear weapon pointed at a individual or two and the trigger pulled??

First rule is always treat every firearm as if it's loaded, RIGHT.

It's OK, he was playing or I mean acting so he gets a pass?? Put the prick in jail.

·
Read Only
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
A person has been shot and killed, another wounded. If this incident was you or I and not linked to a Hollywood type, someone would have been in handcuffs yesterday while the investigation was in process.
It is very early and not all the facts are out but from what I have read Mr Baldwin should be concerned for his future as a free man.
BoF.

·
Registered
6,114 Posts
@Box of frogs, I'm glad you responded. My view was just to punch a hole in all the Hollywood nonsense. These are the guys who "quote Shakespeare" but don't know who he is. Yes, there are actors who can sing Bali Ha'i but never imagined they were actually standing on it. Well, what did you expect? The Japanese left that island since actors will eat free food all day and talk about themselves all night.

I was thinking about making a cheap plastic statue--naming it "lo Stivale" and providing a rumor that only the most profound actor will be getting a Testarossa. I assume half of the actors will shoot the other half...

·
Registered
157 Posts
My question is WHY was even a safe or clear weapon pointed at a individual or two and the trigger pulled??

First rule is always treat every firearm as if it's loaded, RIGHT.

It's OK, he was playing or I mean acting so he gets a pass?? Put the prick in jail.
Do you not understand how movies are made? They frequently point guns AT the camera.

Its incredible the lack of basic knowledge shown on here.

·
Super Moderator
9,673 Posts
Do you not understand how movies are made? They frequently point guns AT the camera.

So when they have a shoot out on set, it's for real, not faked? Wow, it's good to know we have an expert on most everything in life here. How fortunate we are.

·
Registered
991 Posts
Apparently, prop guns are discernible from real guns. Prop guns have modified barrels so real bullets won't fit in them. So, why wasn't it noticed?

I don't know the details. I'd like to know why it was pointed at people.
It seems like a case for....................................COLUMBO! Or, Jessica Fletcher!

·
Registered
6,288 Posts

Your right I don't spend a lot of time playing cowboy for a camera. However I would assume somebody is behind said camera and I shouldn't point a gun at it. Pretty basic knowledge.

Lack of basic knowledge, with an attitude like that. My guess is you won't last long once the SHTF.

·
Super Moderator
1-6 months, natural disasters or economic collapse
10,025 Posts

You ever tried changing your tact a bit?
A majority of your posts are calling out what you think are failures of others, and generally include an insult.
If you honestly think the people here don't understand simple things, try to teach them with reason and rationale, and keep the petty jabs to yourself.
I'd caution you though... a lot of folks on here know far more than they let on. ;)

·
Registered
9,238 Posts
Apparently, prop guns are discernible from real guns. Prop guns have modified barrels so real bullets won't fit in them. So, why wasn't it noticed?

It seems like a case for....................................COLUMBO! Or, Jessica Fletcher!

Word now is... this 'prop' gun was used, after hours, at a range. And the po-po found both blank and live rounds on the set.

·
Registered
174 Posts
While it is tragic both for the deceased and Mr. Baldwin, if he's treated like a normal American, he ought to face charges of Reckless Discharge of a firearm and involuntary manslaughter. We can be pretty sure that he didn't intend to kill that nice lady. But his negligent actions are the proximate cause of her death.

Perhaps 5 years in a New Mexico Prison will set his mind to rest. On a more somber note, he's going to have to live with his guilt for the rest of his life.
People like Baldwin don't feel guilt or remorse for anything. He feels he's above the law and not accountable for his actions, it's always someone else's fault. He'll slither away scott free, count on it.

·
Administrator
15,448 Posts

Nope.
Very often real guns are used.
In this particular case I read today that one crew member told the FBI in an affidavit that a Colt was used.

But, things are different today than in the Jimmy Cagney movies of the 1930's when real guns firing real bullets were used. (I read this in his autobiography "Cagney By Cagney")

Reactions: charito
1 - 20 of 34 Posts