Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I made a bunch of alcohol gas stoves for being prepared. Trouble is, I went a bit overboard on how many I made!

These little stoves work great, weigh next to nothing, and are extremely durable. I've used them for camping and backpacking where it was my only means of cooking. Hot water for drinks, noodles, fried fish, soft-boiled eggs, and popcorn are a few things I've cooked with this little wonder.

One ounce of denatured alcohol runs for about 10 minutes--plenty of time to boil up your water.

I live in Washington, but will ship nationwide using USPS, priority mail.

When you buy one, I will also e-mail you instructions on what I've found works best with these little beauties!

Send me a PM or e-mail to secure yours today. Dishware Tableware Blue Wood Drinkware
Fluid Automotive lighting Gas Electric blue Space
Automotive lighting Medical Gas Drinkware Art
Water Fluid Cuisine Dish Liquid

Cheers,
Paul

·
Registered
492 Posts
That's a nice friendly message. Thanks for making me feel welcome.

Remember what your mom said about saying nice things?
Hes' right, please allow me to translate your advertisement newbie.

Hi! My name is Knucklehead! (not my real name) I recently came across some free plans on the world wide web for a stove and I thought that I'd make me one. Oh! but the material costs and labor to manufacture was so darn high and the outside processing to give it a professional appearance so expensive, I figured that, based on the minimum quantity of raw material, I would determine an economic order quantity, say ten pieces, and if I could juke a bunch of rubes to buy my crude, rudimentary device (thats not UL listed mind you) and "voila" not only do I get a stove for free, I would actually come out way a head because I would charge you members a high shipping fee plus handling for the free boxes I get up at the post office. (Economies of scale) Of course I will keep the best stove for myself (for free) because, well...I can. No, I won't place an introductory post first because I have no plans to come back here as this is one of many fearful-nutjob websites that I have posted on since last night. In fact I am not even sure which site I am on right now. Well, since I am forced to move around a lot I can't accept checks, money orders or paypal and find it neccessary to operate on a strictly cash basis. (Humbly speaking now) If this scheme is successful, I will come in here over and over again until I run out of free plans, I lose my tin snips or I find you guys are tapped out of funds.
How am I doing so far? Ya little fire-cracker! There is nothing unique, original or useful contained in your first post there, Its not a post, its an ad. You might as well have posted it on your local craigslist. We see it all the time. Notice the lack of a ticker-tape parade? Go check the responses to even the most brief Intro post written here. See any differences? Welcome to the forum sparky!

punch (they keep tossing them in here and I keep knocking them out of the park!)

·
Registered
492 Posts
Wesley, would you like me to send you one? I'd do it just to change your mind.

Punch, you're not too friendly so I'm staying clear of you.
Well ya got me there...I don't know what to say...uhhhh...Thank you? You see in here we help each other and in doing so we help ourselves. Had you shared your find and come here with an attitude of service and community, after a proper intro. Folks would have tripped over their feet wanting to buy or have the plans because we are always looking for back-up devices, light-weight devices, low-cost devices or we are just lazy and we want some easy to make devices. I know none of this puts that quick buck in your britches but you see, some of us are living a regular life outside this forum and we come in here because its free and a safe place to gather to share info and help each other avoid the pitfalls of the unscruplulous peddlers playing on fear and ignorance. I recently tried to stike up a barter for ammo with another member here and while it was an equitable trade, we couldn't justify the postage to trade even steven if all we could do is wait out the current crisis and still get what we need and still hold on to our surplus. No barter this time but I made a pal. I am not his pal because I tried to best him in a trade. And I could easily sell what I have on Craigslist for just under what everyone else is selling theirs for and still more than double my money, but its not always about money. Notice I am not yelling at you, typing in bold or being my normal scarcastic self. And you could do to be a little less snarky young lad. A little respect and kind consideration goes along way everywhere you go not just cyberspace. I'm not asking you to suck up to anyone, just be considerate. Don't look for a fight where there is no fight. Appreciate that anyone is trying to take a few minutes to gently restore you because this will set the tone of your presence on this forum. No matter what you have to say, it will take a while to cleanse yourself of the stench of Profiteer/Carpetbagger. I'm no prize either but I could crap in my britches and then post about it and as long as I draw a parallel to our current failure of a president, someone would either slam me or egg me on but no one is going to feel I'm trying to screw them. Just my $.02 Now with that said...
Release the Hounds!

punch (that's all folks!)

·
Registered
45 Posts
Well all, as you Know I do come here to sell wares and all and I keep a constant add running, that said, I came here , opended a Introduction post, got to Know a few folks here added some content in a few area like wapons and do it your self idea's then when folks saw I was not here Just to sell, I posted gear up[ for Trade or sale so they could see what I was about, JUST SAYING!!!! Their is a way to do things and a way not to do things and those not done right get a lot of grief?? LOL Pays to get to knopw folks before ya try and sell them stuff, and all

Ron

·
Registered
492 Posts
Yup, we are all in relationship sales whether we want to admit it or not. People don't deal with people they know, they deal with people they like. You might know a lot of folks, but you just may not be well liked. Take me for instance. I was once told that I was a bit abrupt in the peolple skills area. A bit of an a**hole if you will...
So I took this New-Age Self-improvement course they were giving at my local Ihop community room. Well it started to work and everyone noticed a marked improvement in my behavior and mannerisms except me. Well fast forward to 8 weeks later and it turns that I was already so close to perfect before I took the course and now I am a bigger tool now than I was ever was before. Man its tough to be me...

And so it goes...
Have a great week all!

punch

·
Registered
365 Posts
When i saw the title of this thread i said "now there is another newb selling wares"... & I was right!
Im late to the party.
But hey, nobody said he was smart; he does call himself nuklhed.
Old harleys or just not forum rules savvy? You decide!
As for what others have said, you get the reoccuring theme here?
Dont make your first post a sales one...we dont like it here!

·
Registered
336 Posts
Hey Punch! is there a Judy? :D
Nuklhed... I'm planning to make a bunch of these for free from all the damn pepsi cans I have laying around,need a re-stock? we can split fifty-fifty! just pulling your leg btw..about the restock,I'm keeping mine!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.