Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have any experience with the Akkar 12 18.5" pump. I have been looking for months for a shorter 12 ga. and couldn't get anything with the run on guns. I found an akkar 12GA for $200 at my local store so I picked it up. Haven't fired it yet but first impressions are its a decent gun for the $. Runs shells through it with no issues if you don't point the barrel down. If you do it will sometimes not cycle usually on the 3rd or 4th shell. If there is anyone with knowledge of this gun that has any thoughts how to remedy it?

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
10,923 Posts
Might to a collectors item. Trying to think buts most of the pump shotguns and lever cowboy rifles I have been around preperred cycled level or somewhat upward. Maybe the nature of tfhe beast. Kindly keep us posted on what is up on it. Thanks. Next time I run a batch through my Maverick 88 will say how it does. Have had it for several years and have yet to shoot it..but its primed casee up and ready by the front door. A few number four birdshot comes out first followed up by double naught at the end. Would love a sling for it to carry it around upside down like Michael Douglas did that 870 in the movie.

·
Registered
473 Posts
Only complaints I have heard about Turkish shotguns is that replacement parts can be hard to find. The Akkar Churchill is a very common budget shotgun up here so if you are looking for parts you may be able to source them through a dealer in Canada.

Godspeed

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Might to a collectors item. Trying to think buts most of the pump shotguns and lever cowboy rifles I have been around preperred cycled level or somewhat upward. Maybe the nature of tfhe beast. Kindly keep us posted on what is up on it. Thanks. Next time I run a batch through my Maverick 88 will say how it does. Have had it for several years and have yet to shoot it..but its primed casee up and ready by the front door. A few number four birdshot comes out first followed up by double naught at the end. Would love a sling for it to carry it around upside down like Michael Douglas did that 870 in the movie.
I was looking for an 88 but can't find them anywhere. Cabelas had them in sale but didn't have any anywhere.

·
Administrator
15,445 Posts
Does anyone have any experience with the Akkar 12 18.5" pump. I have been looking for months for a shorter 12 ga. and couldn't get anything with the run on guns. I found an akkar 12GA for $200 at my local store so I picked it up. Haven't fired it yet but first impressions are its a decent gun for the $. Runs shells through it with no issues if you don't point the barrel down. If you do it will sometimes not cycle usually on the 3rd or 4th shell. If there is anyone with knowledge of this gun that has any thoughts how to remedy it?

SOCOM is our firearms guru.
You can trust what he says.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Shell elevator is not right, should hold shell up during the forward stroke of the slide.

Made in Turkey, not a stellar record on them.

Its a copy of the Rem. 870

Might need a stronger spring in the mag tube.

Without having it in hand, hard to analyse the problem.

An 870 mag tube spring will fit.
Thanks for the info! On a side note related to your username. Socom for Playstation 2 was my favorite game of all time.

·
Registered
8,033 Posts
I bought a 20 ga Churchill that would fire out of battery. I never fired it with live ammo. A little bondo in the primer hole of a resized hull showed the FP hitting the primer area, before the action locked up.

I was sending it in for service when the seller said that's normal according to maker. Seller took it back and I bought a Mossberg Grand Slam Turkey gun.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts