Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,563 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for 20 round magazines for AK 7.62X39, anyone seen any for sale, if push comes to shove will consider 10 round mags. Tapco mags or non metal is fine. Post or PM if you have some you are willing/know for sale.

·
Registered
4,373 Posts
Good luck. I have seen a few go passed the gun forum I frequent: calguns.net but there are some ridiculous asking prices
to sort through. Still some of the people there are good to deal with it. I made 3 trades there over the weekend. Started
out with a $100, a 10/22, and 5 thermold 20 rnd magazines for the AR. Ended up with a Ruger P89, 5 magazines, 700
rnds of 357 SWC and 5 metal 30 round C-Products. Go figure - I had a good weekend.

·
Registered
21,643 Posts
Fleet farm has had them in stock at normal prices but not the plastic ones.
For AK stick to steel Ak's can be very hard on a mag

Reactions: Irish

·
Registered
21,643 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
AK mags were around long after the AR mags were gone, havn't checked in a while but I may be wrong but thought there was plenty of time to get AK mags but re-sellers might of purchased them up after AR mags were basicly gone. I'd go ahead spend the extra money and let someone make some money from you then wait too long cause you can always make that money back later but making a magazine probably isn't as easy and get ya 30 round mags and if weight is a issue just dont load as many in it, it's what I do so I'll watch my ammo consumption at the farm shooting.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I got lucky out here in AZ. I bought my AK just before the election for around $600 and I picked up 1000 rounds of 7.62x39 at a local ammo dealer for about $200. Then I went to my LGS just before all of this recent stuff popped off and got 5 thirty round mags for $10 apiece. I feel like I dodged the proverbial bullet!

·
Registered
2,563 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I don't really need more mags, but would pick up a few more if the price was good. $40 a mag is not good for me. If things get real bad, I'm sure they could be picked up if you are keeping your eyes open, the same goes for ammo.

·
Registered
21 Posts
The Tapco INTRAFUSE mags aren't bad. Those are the same ones I got for $10 apiece except they were 30 round. I had to take a Dremel to the little plastic retaining tabs on the back of the magazine to get it to snap in all the way, but there's no wobble at all.

Reactions: ekim

·
Registered
2,563 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The Tapco INTRAFUSE mags aren't bad. Those are the same ones I got for $10 apiece except they were 30 round. I had to take a Dremel to the little plastic retaining tabs on the back of the magazine to get it to snap in all the way, but there's no wobble at all.
I to have had no problems with the Tapco magazines. I only have 1 30round magazine and don't even keep it loaded, I use 20's. Can't use steel mags, I won't convert my Sagia to 922r compliant rules so it's either 10 round mags or Tapco for me, my choice.

·
Registered
21,643 Posts
If you get serious and burn some rounds the plastic ones can do some strange things even burn.
They do not wear well with a lot of shooting. The AK is a harsh weapon it is harder on mags than others.

·
Registered
2,563 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
If you get serious and burn some rounds the plastic ones can do some strange things even burn.
They do not wear well with a lot of shooting. The AK is a harsh weapon it is harder on mags than others.
You are probably right, but so far, I'm not in a combat mode yet, just finishing up some preps. I'll get better mags as needed, when needed!

·
Registered
21 Posts
I have yet to have an issue. I have 7 of them and i keep them loaded so if SHTF and I had to do a lot of shooting, there would be a lot of mag changes. No one mag should get burned up. I think next range trip I'll do a mad minute test and burn straight through all 7 mags fast. If 210 rounds of rapid fire 7.62x39 won't burn them up, I think they would survive combat situations.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts