Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a great new job. I couldn't be happier. But I have to fly every week.
I have been flying for years, but just recently became concerned about security while travelling in other cities.

Carrying my personal firearm is not practicle. Is there anything I can actually take with me to give me a tactical advantage while on the road?

Your personal experiences would be particularly useful.

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
This big Maglite torch (flashlight) of mine on the left (22 GBP/31 USD) can be used as a club, it's made of metal and weighs a ton and I regularly carry it round town in my ruck to give me a tactical advantage if trouble flares. (A taxi driver showed me his which he carries for protection which is where I got the idea)
Plus of course if you're in a train/plane/coach crash or hotel fire you can use it to smash your way out of the windows, (a businessman in a train crash TV documentary who was in a train crash was trapped because he couldn't kick out the windows, so he now always commutes with a hammer in his briefcase)
The torch can also be used to smash the small glass panel in lifts (elevators) if they get stuck and you need air and have to call for help.
And of course a torch would sail through customs and security without arousing suspicion.
Cavemen never went anywhere without a good club, so if one is good enough for them..
Oh yes I almost forgot-the light from it will save you having to grope around looking for the stairwell in the dark if a hotel's power fails.
And its powerful beam would wreck a burglars night vision, you can twist the end to narrow the beam for a concentrated blast in his kisser.
(The small torch on the right is just one i keep around the house)

·
Registered
25 Posts
put a knive in your checked baggage .. I carried a pistol with me to Alaska in checked baggage , go online tsa . gov to check regs ...print a copy and take with you

·
Registered
6,086 Posts
Just about every city, county and state has different laws on what you can have with you when travelling. The airlines seem to follow the rules of the local police when boarding. There have been a number of arrests in New York city boarding a plane with checked guns. Make sure you get good information on laws and what is legal.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts