Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

I wanted to finally make a post after taking in some much appreciated insight throughout the threads. I'm not new to prepping/self-reliance and by all means have not mastered any of its arts either(but then again, when do any of us say we've mastered or are finished with what we've piled, planned or learned?). It just seems like there is always so much to do and learn but never enough desired time to do it.

I started like most here probably with an "inner feeling" of concern that seemed to always linger in the back of my mind. It was around three-four years ago is when I truly started chasing this prepping roller coaster. I remember trying to convince my soon-to-be wife at the time(happily married now :D ) we must save all our milk jugs then clean, fill and treat them with bleach for long term storage. Needless to say, coming at anyone full throttle with a hardcore desire to be a prepper outta the gate isn't the easiest way to win them over. I can say though throughout the experience I've 'evolved' my mindset/outlook in many ways. Most importantly, I now don't specifically concentrate on one scenario or skill but try to prepare for anything and everything as being overly prepared seems to never be a downside.

Although I now reside in Northern Indiana, I had the opportunity to grow up in the gorgeous state of Michigan and have always been an outdoorsman type with activities like camping, fishing, trapping, gardening, hiking and hunting(anything and everything..Mmm squirrels) with hunting being a big source of our family's yearly freezer filler back then. My grandfather, being raised in the so called 'old ways', was my mentor with everything survivalist related. I could never get my fill of his lessons or knowledge he passed on and whenever I thought he couldn't have more to tell he would surprise me with something usefully new.

After reading other member's post It brought back that feeling of gaining pieces of knowledge gained only through experience/ trial and error. I plan to participate and hope to be able to give back to this community, in equal measure, the amount I'll be consuming. Again, I appreciate the time and thanks in advance everyone!

·
Registered
8,068 Posts
Hello from Minnesota.

Everybody needs a grandpa like that. I had one.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Welcome, fellow hoosier!

·
Administrator
15,422 Posts
Welcome from Florida

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Hello and Welcome....

·
Registered
4,078 Posts
Welcome from the South East (SC).

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.