Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

21 - 40 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
9,182 Posts
You mean as a general fuel, or as fuel for the already burning fire, as @SOCOM42 described?

That said, the chemistry should still work.
It would take a morally detached individual to do the work, though I suppose such people will be the ones that live the longest in that harsh new world.
I can't image the source would be all that plentiful though.
Unless death was quick and caught a large population off guard, you likely won't find too many fatties that starved to death. You'll find distended people with excess skin hanging off of them. Their own bodies will rapidly consume the fat for energy when the food runs out, assuming they can get just enough sustenance to keep their vital organs functioning.
If death was quick, and large groups died off quickly, you'd have enough time to trim out and render down a few, but the corpses would go rancid within days. The fatty tissue would break down and turn to liquid.
I would not count on this as any sort of backup plan.
To avoid the spread of disease, disposal should be prioritized.
" I suppose such people will be the ones that live the longest in that harsh new world."
YEAH, ONE OF THE BASTARDS IS STILL ALIVE TODAY, AN EX SAUNDERKOMMANDO!
HE WAS AT THE CENTRAL CLEARING POINT and EXTERMINATION CAMP, AUSCHWITZ-BIRKENAU. The name, George Soros, almost everyone in the civilized world knows that name.

"Unless death was quick and caught a large population off guard, you likely won't find too many fatties that starved to death."
I was common in pre-war Europa that the middle aged women were fat, a medical leftover from the 18th-19th century, where fat women were considered "healthy". WW1 did not change that perception.
In the selection process at the camps, those fat women and with their kids, went directly into the gas chambers, hence plenty of "fatties".
Others were worked to death to where their bodies were like dried logs to add to the pyre.

·
Registered
9,182 Posts
I imagine letting nature take care of things first would be easiest.
An oven that is built like a rocket stove will burn hot an fast.
Other than that, this topic has definitely taught me I am not ready for it.
In essence they were built that way, but engineered to be efficient with the type of fuel used.

·
Registered
9,182 Posts
The problem with that is the disease that ensues. Leaving bodies to nature releases pathogens that will kill a lot of people from what I understand. It will have to be dealt with.
Yeah, the Blue Bottles and other flies that carried those diseases to people all over had to be dealt with, or not given a chance to spawn..

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
Yet another possibility.

"During a railway expansion in Egypt in the 19th century, construction companies unearthed so many mummies that they used them as locomotive fuel."
—Discover Magazine, 2006

·
Registered
9,182 Posts
Yet another possibility.

"During a railway expansion in Egypt in the 19th century, construction companies unearthed so many mummies that they used them as locomotive fuel."
—Discover Magazine, 2006
Those same huge quantities of mummies were used to make brown paper bags that most of us are familiar with today, the brown color today is a carryover from those linen made bags of the past.
The burn qualities were not so much from the bodies themselves but the resins used on the outer surfaces of the mummy, it burned like tar, with the Natron dried remains, one hell of a fire.

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
You mean as a general fuel

For lighting purposes if nothing else. You can make oil from fat. I hear whale fat works good. This whale would contribute much.
Sensitive content, not recommended for those under 18 Show Content

For the mods: there are no private parts shown here. It is well covered up by enormous amounts of potential fuel.

·
Registered
9,182 Posts

For lighting purposes if nothing else. You can make oil from fat. I hear whale fat works good. This whale would contribute much.

For the mods: there are no private parts shown here. It is well covered up by enormous amounts of potential fuel.
Just consider it a flexible fuel bladder like the military uses.
Blubber was rendered into oil right on the whaling ships, it was used in the lubrication of precision instruments before synthetics were developed, right into the late1970s.
Most wrist and pocket watches still use whale oil for lube.
It is still used for lubrication around the world today.

·
Registered
3,172 Posts
Lewis and Clark expedition did use Animal fat for candles. They wrote about having to eat it as food ran out..

·
Administrator
15,101 Posts
Having seen dead humans that had been in the sun for a few days is not something you'll ever forget.

The best way is burial. More than one at a time would require mechanized equipment.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Whoever posted the large woman picture you suck man I logged on and that was one of the first things I saw on my feed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
Whoever posted the large woman picture you suck man I logged on and that was one of the first things I saw on my feed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The large woman is one of God’s creatures that you should love and respect. The narrow path is hard but you must walk it.

·
Registered
334 Posts
There are two options: mass spread cannibalism. Any takers? No? But human bacon is surely as good as swine! Still no takers? Damn you people are sooo close minded!

Or be far enough away that you dont have to deal with it. Dump salt on bodies. Use them for fuel and bleach bones as they can make decent tools an structural supports.
Oke this is grossing me out. I'll be done now.

·
Registered
334 Posts

Damn KUSA you're going to hell.

·
Registered
7,108 Posts
smell is not dangerous... in fact it will deter people from getting to close. Place the bodies down wind - after you have gloved up .. and make sure to wash yourself after touching them

if it is a family member... bury or burn

21 - 40 of 43 Posts