Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

affordable 360 serving food

3K views 11 replies 10 participants last post by  arthurstjames 
#1 ·
amazon. com

I have no idea how it tastes I ordered a couple because of the price. I have my canned and #10 of mountain house. I went to my friends house and asked about their food prepps. they don't have more than a month for themselves. I know since her sister and father live about a mile away and they don't prep their supplies will last just about a week. im glad I checked.

check this out. its a good starter.

Survivalcavefood Gourmet Freeze-Dried Food, 360 Serving, 33.5 Pound: Amazon.com: Grocery & Gourmet Food

#2 ·
Hany you checked out Costco? They have one of these that looks similar. Though I thought it under a $100. Also they offer a veggie stew for well under a $100 that is about 250-300 servings and if you can add meat it's very good. I've gone thru about half a container so far with nothing but rattle snake and chicken and its really good.

#5 · (Edited)
In general be careful. I'm a recent article I read they tested some long term storage good. The morale of the story was buy quality food from established companies. That's why mountain house is worth buying.

Costco can be a great place to buy food also. Just be sure and check the quality of the company and any possible reviews. Most people don't also taste their food. Do yourself a favor and try after you buy some food to see if you even like it.

In personal trials, I found many companies that are based in Utah make good quality food storage. Most of the stuff in my local Costco come from Utah. This isn't gospel just some basic guidelines to follow.

#6 ·
I have the survival cave foods meats and from G&R Food Inc butter, ghee and cheese. I also use Thrive foods when I want to prepare a meal from scratch and Wise when I just want a meal to go. The butter, ghee, cheese and meats are all excellent by the way.

#8 ·
$99.99 with free shipping from Costco
330 Total Servings of Emergency Food Storage ARK 1 Month Supply By Chefs Banquet
This is a one person 30 day supply with variet of items - including some fruit drinks which I'm not a fan of but do help.

$64.99 is a 388 serving veggie stew
388 Total Servings of Gluten Free Vegetable Stew Blend Emergency Food Bucket
I add lentils to this (usually 2 servings of lentils and one serving of this) along with chicken or rattle snake and its excellent. Of
course there is no variety here and 30 days' straight it'd probably drive me nuts. But it is good.

#9 ·
Not a fan of TVP products so I have meat stored. It would go well in any soups or stews. I can buy and store the dried ingredients in bulk and then use it to make different things.

A quick thought here; dried carrots have a huge affect on the taste of any soup or stew - only use a little at a time because it will over-power all the other tastes. Just thought I would pass on a little personal experience.

#10 ·
Did a quick check on their canned ground beef. 12 cans of corned beef from Food Lion will set one back less than $60.00 and if you substitute spam at $2.50 a can you can get forty tins or 3 1/2 times as much meat. Haven't been to Costco, but .. .

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.