Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 20 of 174 Posts

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
From time to time someone post that they or a love one is struggling because a family member is an addict. Here is all you need to know about such people. Alcohol, drugs, tobacco, gambling the addiction is irrelevant to understanding the addict.

Addicts are profoundly weak people. They cannot face life without a crutch. They are not sick. They do not have a disease or illness. They are defectively weak. They are the hatchling that is best pushed out of the nest. They are natures mistake not your mistake. The sooner you face this fact and remove yourself and any children the better you will be for it.

·
Registered
6,086 Posts
Wow! Addiction is a physical and mental condition that is treatable. It has nothing to do with will-power or being weak.
(this coming from a man who was married to a practicing addict for 13 years) I have never been addicted to anything but I have known a few people who were. Some of them have stopped practicing and are doing fine - the Ex-wife is still practicing and I am sure it will one day be the cause of her death.

·
Registered
2,207 Posts
From time to time someone post that they or a love one is struggling because a family member is an addict. Here is all you need to know about such people. Alcohol, drugs, tobacco, gambling the addiction is irrelevant to understanding the addict.

Addicts are profoundly weak people. They cannot face life without a crutch. They are not sick. They do not have a disease or illness. They are defectively weak. They are the hatchling that is best pushed out of the nest. They are natures mistake not your mistake. The sooner you face this fact and remove yourself and any children the better you will be for it.
My first post with obscenities

Sorry you don't know what the **** you are talking about

·
Registered
8,068 Posts

What is the point of this thread, other than to intentionally piss off some very well-liked and well-respected members of this site who identify themselves as recovering alcoholics? Are you trying to make some larger point or do you just enjoy being a dickhead?

·
Registered
232 Posts
Thanks for the welcome and sorry for the lack of an intro! I'll find my way around and do a better job of introducing myself.

·
Registered
461 Posts
What is the point of this thread, other than to intentionally piss off some very well-liked and well-respected members of this site who identify themselves as recovering alcoholics? Are you trying to make some larger point or do you just enjoy being a dickhead?
Dont feed the trolls!

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I am sure many of you find the truth offensive but it is none the less true. Addict that stop using a substance replace that substance with meetings, 12 steps of dependency, and fellow defects. These things likely save the addict's life and financially are less destructive. They remain defective. They are still dependent. They remain defective.

This thread is not to offend you addicts it is to put in proper prospective addicts to children and adults responsible for those children. Denying this basic truth I does life long damage.

·
Administrator
15,422 Posts

·
Administrator
15,422 Posts
I am sure many of you find the truth offensive but it is none the less true. Addict that stop using a substance replace that substance with meetings, 12 steps of dependency, and fellow defects. These things likely save the addict's life and financially are less destructive. They remain defective. They are still dependent. They remain defective.

This thread is not to offend you addicts it is to put in proper prospective addicts to children and adults responsible for those children. Denying this basic truth I does life long damage.
Your ignorance is astounding.

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I know exactly what I am talking about. I post this annually in some form. It helps many family members of addicts to see addicts in a clear and true light. Addicts usually find a way to destroy any and every celebration. Life to the addict is always about them. This correct prospective let's family members understand addicts are like ants on a picnic table. They will ruin everything unless brushed aside.

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
I know exactly what I am talking about. I post this annually in some form. It helps many family members of addicts to see addicts in a clear and true light. Addicts usually find a way to destroy any and every celebration. Life to the addict is always about them. This correct prospective let's family members understand addicts are like ants on a picnic table. They will ruin everything unless brushed aside.
I would say your opinion is about as valid as one that describes the addict as a hopeless victim of genetics or environment. They are both a lot of B.S. with some small kernal of truth supporting both theories, not all former addicts go to meetings or destroy others lives to feed their addiction. I am not an addict, never have been (excluding tobacco) but I have known some who turned their lives around and been decent contributing members of society, I have even known addicts who still actively pursued their addiction who were decent contributing members of society.

Reactions: oldmurph58

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I think there is adequate data to say addicts are defective. Sure there are people that recognize that the use of an addictive substance is not good for them and stop. These people are not addicts. They are normal people making normal decisions about using things that are harmful. A true addict is defective. They do not make normal decisions. They do not put family, jobs or any activity in a normal perspective. They cannot they are not normal. They are defective.

It is of the upmost importance to understand and face this fact. It does not mean you do not love the addict but you cannot trust or count on these defects of the human condition.

1 - 20 of 174 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.