Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
4,373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now before I sound half cocked it is possible (though unlikely) the North Koreans removed an 85 year old American, a war vet of the Korean War off an airplane because he needed help, but I doubt it.

In case you have not heard an 85 year old Retired US serviceman went to Korea to see where he fought and lost friend and pay respects. He was granted a North Korean tourist visa and was there 10 days. As he was set to leave, it's reported the N K government officials halted the plane and removed him. It's been 16-17 days now since any word of his existence has been stated. I find this damned aggression towards a US Citizen, and our govt should take any and all necessary steps to insure his safety and punish those responsible.

·
Registered
4,071 Posts
I just heard about it yesterday. N. Korean is out of control, being ruled by a spoiled child. I am afraid many a lives will be lost over this guy, theirs and others.

·
Registered
110 Posts
I feel terrible for this man, but it is my belief that when you leave this country, you leave the protections of the United States. This is not an act of war. This is an act of a horribly corrupt foreign government against a person who chose to be in their land.

·
Registered
100 Posts
North Korea has no respect for the United States and perhaps more significantly, no fear of reprisal by the United States.

What if the Veterans of Foreign Wars rounded up 85 North Korean citizens and held them. Perhaps a trade could then be worked out between the VFW and the counterpart North Korean veteran's organization.

·
Registered
4,373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
As noted the little twerp in charge over there does not fear us. I don't believe properly leaving our borders with documents and following the rules of other nations means our country won't protect you (I mean unless your an ambassador in Libya of course ). A measured military response to their defiance is in order. A cruise missile a day until he is returned works for me. If he dies the last one is going to leave a mark!

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
He risked going there... he put himself in that situation..tho it is wrong he made the decision to go there knowing their history and after fighting against them... tho it is our governments job to find a way to bring him home safely, the gentleman did start this crisis at his own free will and being well educated of these tyrants...I mean I spent 2 years there working in the Panmunjom area and have NO curiosity what the North is like now... let alone when Im in my 80s..Was a bad call made by a person now we have to clean up the mess..

Reactions: rickkyw1720pf

·
Registered
2,417 Posts
He risked going there... he put himself in that situation..tho it is wrong he made the decision to go there knowing their history and after fighting against them tho it is our governments job to find a way to bring him home safely, the gentleman did start this crisis at his own free will and being well educated of these tyrants...
He is an 85 year old vet that wanted to make peace in the places he lost friends and left a piece of himself. The fact that the NK government would do this to him is a despicable.

·
Registered
4,373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
That is why we have govt, to clean up the mess. It's not like he is the only one to ever go there. Lots have.

He risked going there... he put himself in that situation..tho it is wrong he made the decision to go there knowing their history and after fighting against them... tho it is our governments job to find a way to bring him home safely, the gentleman did start this crisis at his own free will and being well educated of these tyrants...I mean I spent 2 years there working in the Panmunjom area and have NO curiosity what the North is like now... let alone when Im in my 80s..Was a bad call made by a person now we have to clean up the mess..

·
Premium Member
2,943 Posts
Just watched the story on Fox News. This is unbelievable and of course, not a word from our African Warlord Obama.
Never will be since he couldn't be his son.

I respect the soldier, but knowing that we are technically still at war with NK why would he go to an enemy state? I greatly appreciate what he wanted to do and his sacrifice but he shouldn't have gone to NK.

Now with that said, the state department and the media should have a full court press to get him back... But of course, with this admin and media it won't happen.

·
Registered
461 Posts
Now before I sound half cocked it is possible (though unlikely) the North Koreans removed an 85 year old American, a war vet of the Korean War off an airplane because he needed help, but I doubt it.

In case you have not heard an 85 year old Retired US serviceman went to Korea to see where he fought and lost friend and pay respects. He was granted a North Korean tourist visa and was there 10 days. As he was set to leave, it's reported the N K government officials halted the plane and removed him. It's been 16-17 days now since any word of his existence has been stated. I find this damned aggression towards a US Citizen, and our govt should take any and all necessary steps to insure his safety and punish those responsible.
I Respect this man for serving our country and wanting to pay his respects. I do not condone what North Korea has done.

That being said, I don't strole around Harlem as a young white male expecting not to get jumped.

·
Registered
4,373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Understand that, but I believe many veterans have made this trek. It's fairly common and previously with out incident. Also if the good people of Harlem did you any harm I suspect NYPD would bust down their doors to get you back. I would expect discourse from some people in Harlem (and elsewhere) but this isn't by some people but a Government that needs a real b.slapping!

I Respect this man for serving our country and wanting to pay his respects. I do not condone what North Korea has done.

That being said, I don't stole around Harlem as a young white male expecting not to get jumped.

·
Registered
461 Posts
Understand that, but I believe many veterans have made this trek. It's fairly common and previously with out incident. Also if the good people of Harlem did you any harm I suspect NYPD would bust down their doors to get you back. I would expect discourse from some people in Harlem (and elsewhere) but this isn't by some people but a Government that needs a real b.slapping!
I do agree something should be done, and I assure you a "WTF Mate" or Inquiry about this detention has been exchanged to North Korea since this incident from the U.S. even if it is a behind closed doors kind of thing.

As for "Act of War" "Government that needs a real b.slapping" Do you propose we go to war with them over this? I honestly do not oppose Aggressive action against them, but just remember every action has an equal and opposite reaction. If people wouldn't do things like hiking in the mountains of Iraqi - Iran, chill in NK, cruise off the Coast of Somali, we wouldn't have these problems.

·
Registered
2,563 Posts
Sounds to me like the old gentleman is getting senile and someone should have told him it wasn't a smart thing to do. But we don't yet know everything that happened either. Sounds like he isn't any smarter than those American kids going on vacation in Iraq and "getting lost " and wandering into Iran. Stupid is as stupid does. As far as I'm concerned they should still be there locked up, dumb asses!

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
Kim Jong probably just wants a visit from his basket ball friend.
If you have watched the news you wound have to be one dumb person to go over there. Kim in pulling people from his own villages over made up reasons and forcing the community to watch there executions even taking children out of school to watch. He recently executed his ex girl friend who was a well know opera singer over there along with 19 other musicians. There have been many reasons in the past for us to resume military action against North Korea ( we are technically still at war with them). This is minor compared to most. Like when there soldiers murdered our soldiers who were sent out to cut down a tree in the DMZ, North Korea blowing up flight 858 , hell they just got away with sinking a South Korean War ship. They even admitted that they kidnapped Japanage tourist and forced them to help out there spy operations. I could go on an on but I am typing on an I-phone which is a bitch.

·
Registered
574 Posts
I feel terrible for this man, but it is my belief that when you leave this country, you leave the protections of the United States. This is not an act of war. This is an act of a horribly corrupt foreign government against a person who chose to be in their land.
That statement makes me sick if you are specifically attacked because of what you did for the people of the United States then you deserve the protection of the United States because it wouldnt be here unless men like him do what they did. Why should I stand up for you when you wouldnt stand up for me. Ow and just fyi the military was formed to protect AMERICAN interests abroad because it aint needed at home is it. I hope your statement just wasnt thought out.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts