Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

41 - 60 of 92 Posts

·
Registered
981 Posts
I have never found a problem with the Bible and God.....God's fan club however contains some real POS ! Even some in my own family! At least here I have an ignore button LOL!....Headed out to find it now!

·
Banned
23,899 Posts
I'm confident enough to allow the posters to access all the information and make up their minds. You aren't. That's the difference between you and I.
Say what? To what info do I deny others? Make sense, if that isn't too taxing.

·
Registered
5,579 Posts
Do Hindus and Islamics believe in Jesus Christ, the son of God?
I would consider it like American Indians view a higher power. They might know the same God by a differing name. Hey, I get called Chuck, Rico, Chick and ten other thing rather than Chico, which I changed my name to in 1964. You'd think they'd learn...

·
Registered
7,026 Posts
Serious question,

Can a person be a Christian simply by having a personal relationship with God, Jesus Christ and The Holy Spirit without being a Biblical Scholar or even reading The Bible on a regular basis?
Yes.... many people came to knew Jesus via DISCIPLESHIP (somebody taught them) and NEVER EVER saw or touched a bible.. EVER....

Some came to know him with just the OT writings

SO the answer is YES....

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
You must be doing some really bad weed. I'm the only Christian on this board that is not judging others; the ONLY one that will answer the tough questions; the only one that refrains from making the kinds of idiotic accusations you just made about me. Even when I am outnumbered 10 to 1, I'm still standing my ground, sir. And I have enough confidence to post the facts, not talk down or bad about those who reject what I've posted. All you can do is produce the information and allow others to weigh the facts for themselves.

Making everything a personality contest does not prove any point from the Bible. If you have a tough question... THROW IT AT ME.

ADDENDUM: Another poster, in another thread, mentioned only two covenants. His premise is that the Jews constitute the whole of Israel (a proposition we know to be factually false.) The first time the word Jew is mentioned in the Bible, they are at war with Israel - showing that they are not one and the same. I disagreed and listed eight covenants that I'm aware of. I listed them and nobody has challenged it. If there are more, they have escaped my reading of the Bible. Went into detail, but the lion's share of the post was deleted and those who pretend to disagree never accessed the link Denton said he left.

Our great Republic, one nation under God, built upon Christian principles and having once been the greatest nation in the annals of history did not happen by accident. We have a rich history and a glorious destiny, the Bible prophecies of our position on the world scene proven over and over.
No bad weed. Never saw the need. Yes, I read your post before Denton revised it. So I did a bit of research and found knowledgable folks that said there were a different number of covenants than you specified, and I asked a general question to the community as a whole which was the best guess. Reckon if you've seen the one and only word, nothing else matters.

5 - https://www.padfield.com/2004/covenants.html

7 - https://www.bennyhinn.org/gods-7-covenants/

6 - Catholic Bible 101 - Covenants in the Bible

As I said another individual asked which version of the bible was the one and true book of god. Seems a number of folks - starting with a Roman Emperor - began early on in deciding which version of the true word was the true word. Men - not God or his Son or his Holy Spirit - made the choices Just Like Martin Luther and King Henry VIII .

My comment on the holier than thou "Christians" on their condemnation to perdition of other non believers was aimed at that community as a whole. Since you feel offended, I guess we know a bit about your tolerance level.

As for the Cat being God, I'm not ruling that out of the realm of possibility.

So maybe what you see as Truth others see as blasphamy

Reactions: Kauboy and Denton

·
Banned
23,899 Posts
@Real Old Man - I find it interesting that the same one who started an entire thread in order to "rebuke" everyone else claims to be the only one who is not judging others.
It's also interesting that he likened me to tyrants of the recent past because I held him to the same standard others are expected to maintain.

I find him tedious.

As far as you thinking Christians condemn to Hell those who do not believe, that isn't the case, sir. We are mere humans, just like everyone. We don't condemn anyone to Hell. I do find it disturbing when I read Christians suggesting they'll be happy when people (Hillary, for example) dies and goes to Hell.

·
Super Moderator
1-6 months, natural disasters or economic collapse
9,047 Posts
The Resister said:
I'm the only Christian on this board that is not judging others...

And I have enough confidence to post the facts, not talk down or bad about those who reject what I've posted.
And yet...
The Resister said:
You must be doing some really bad weed. (personal attack)
The Resister said:
But you allow one man here to preach - and condemn those that don't agree with him. (no such condemnation was given)
The Resister said:
You choose to censor me. (an incapacity to follow stated board rules resulting in a moderator adjusting posts to conform to said rules is not censorship)
The Resister said:
So, you have your own little religion going on here and nobody gets to say anything else. (straw-man)
The Resister said:
You basically implied that you have a lock on understanding God's word... (straw-man)
The Resister said:
...but you were so insecure about it that you've chosen to delete the lion's share of my post while allowing others here to make false allegations about what I believe in. (personal attack fused with incorrect assumptions and inferences)
The Resister said:
You really don't need friends, do you? (passive agressive personal attack)
The Resister said:
YOUR new religion, NOT believed by those who fought, bled and died in the founding of this Republic cannot withstand a critical analysis and so you have deleted it. (passive aggressive attack fused with incorrect assumption and inference followed by dishonest interpretation of board rule enforcement)
The Resister said:
We have devolved into censorship? (no censoship has occurred)
The Resister said:
What you did was clearly a sign of weakness, Denton. (personal attack)
The Resister said:
It was an overt admission that, if in charge, the religious Liberties of the people would be no safer under you than a Pol Pot or Karl Marx. (straw-man with personal attack)
But...
The Resister said:
I'm the only Christian on this board that is not judging others...
You might wish to reassess your self-proclaimed position.

No, I do not wish to argue any merits about the original topic. What *could* have been a healthy discussion quickly devolved into blind self-aggrandizement. That is what drew my attention, and that is all I am pointing out.

Carry on.

·
Banned
1,972 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
I would consider it like American Indians view a higher power. They might know the same God by a differing name. Hey, I get called Chuck, Rico, Chick and ten other thing rather than Chico, which I changed my name to in 1964. You'd think they'd learn...
That was not the question.

·
Banned
1,972 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
No bad weed. Never saw the need. Yes, I read your post before Denton revised it. So I did a bit of research and found knowledgable folks that said there were a different number of covenants than you specified, and I asked a general question to the community as a whole which was the best guess. Reckon if you've seen the one and only word, nothing else matters.

5 - https://www.padfield.com/2004/covenants.html

7 - https://www.bennyhinn.org/gods-7-covenants/

6 - Catholic Bible 101 - Covenants in the Bible

As I said another individual asked which version of the bible was the one and true book of god. Seems a number of folks - starting with a Roman Emperor - began early on in deciding which version of the true word was the true word. Men - not God or his Son or his Holy Spirit - made the choices Just Like Martin Luther and King Henry VIII .

My comment on the holier than thou "Christians" on their condemnation to perdition of other non believers was aimed at that community as a whole. Since you feel offended, I guess we know a bit about your tolerance level.

As for the Cat being God, I'm not ruling that out of the realm of possibility.

So maybe what you see as Truth others see as blasphamy
Your post does not make it plain that you were going after the Christian community as a whole. I left a thread rather than to have people slinging personal accusations at me. I'm not doing it here - and all you will have to do is watch those who think they have a lock on what the Bible means. Since they lack facts, you will see those without a working knowledge of the Bible reduce this to an argument that if you disagree with them, then you are a _____________ fill in the blank.

·
Banned
1,972 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
And yet...

But...

You might wish to reassess your self-proclaimed position.

No, I do not wish to argue any merits about the original topic. What *could* have been a healthy discussion quickly devolved into blind self-aggrandizement. That is what drew my attention, and that is all I am pointing out.

Carry on.
Yawn. Your comments are irrelevant, immaterial, prejudicial, ignorant, based upon a personal spin and don't have SPIT to do with the topic at hand. It's more of a let's have a personality contest because we cannot entertain any talk about the Bible that does not coincide with the prejudices of the powers that be. Trolling me only exposes your own weaknesses and insecurities.

·
Banned
23,899 Posts
Yawn. Your comments are irrelevant, immaterial, prejudicial, ignorant, based upon a personal spin and don't have SPIT to do with the topic at hand. It's more of a let's have a personality contest because we cannot entertain any talk about the Bible that does not coincide with the prejudices of the powers that be. Trolling me only exposes your own weaknesses and insecurities.
Naw, you don't judge.

You sure like to tell people about their weaknesses and insecurities while trying to tell everyone they are wrong. Have you noticed it seems the topic is you and not the "rebuke" you felt we all needed? I'm sure that is because we are all weak and deeply flawed while you are incredibly strong, incorruptable and very much misunderstood.

·
Registered
2,012 Posts
@The Resister You are so full of yourself. Tell me, after a large legume dinner, do you often study your tomes in a small wardrobe so as to not miss the aroma of excellence?
After all, your writing style reveals your disdain for the rest of us.
How can you stand this solitude, being exiled to the realm of mortals?

·
Banned
1,972 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
@The Resister You are so full of yourself. Tell me, after a large legume dinner, do you often study your tomes in a small wardrobe so as to not miss the aroma of excellence?
After all, your writing style reveals your disdain for the rest of us.
How can you stand this solitude, being exiled to the realm of mortals?
Disdain for "us?" So you represent every person on this board and you have the unmitigated gall to say I'm full of myself???

·
Banned
23,899 Posts
Disdain for "us?" So you represent every person on this board and you have the unmitigated gall to say I'm full of myself???
You seem to judge all the Christians, here. I suppose it's OK if Coastie speaks for us.

Now, why don't you tell me what information I am denying others?

·
Banned
1,972 Posts
Discussion Starter #59
Naw, you don't judge.

You sure like to tell people about their weaknesses and insecurities while trying to tell everyone they are wrong. Have you noticed it seems the topic is you and not the "rebuke" you felt we all needed? I'm sure that is because we are all weak and deeply flawed while you are incredibly strong, incorruptable and very much misunderstood.
You cannot quote one sentence out of this entire thread to back up such a cowardly charge. When you censor people to the advantage of those who believe as you do, you show what you really are, sir. This isn't about me. It's about whether or not differing points of view can be considered. They cannot - not here. All you want is an echo chamber backed by a lynch mob. I don't care what the masses think.

What matters is that those who will search out a matter and find the truth have the option of doing so.

·
Registered
4,189 Posts
Now I'm certainly not the brightest bulb in the hardware store, . . .

But somebody brought in some theory, thesis, program, idea, . . . that there were some multiple of covenants made between God and people (His creation).

Using the Bible itself to determine the number of covenants, . . . that is instead of learned scholars with multiple alphabets behind their names, . . . scores of years in dozens of universities, . . . and untold eons on discussion panels, orating, discussing, debating, . . . etc.

In using the Bible, . . . pretty near the end of it, . . . in a book called Hebrews, . . . we find the following:

Hebrews 8:6-7 (KJV) But now hath he obtained a more excellent ministry, by how much also he is the mediator of a better covenant, which was established upon better promises.
7 For if that first covenant had been faultless, then should no place have been sought for the second.

Seems to me that the writer was talking about the SECOND covenant, . . . and in my poor unlearned world, . . . second is equal to two, . . . not nine, eight, eleven or some other "learned" number.

Funny thing is, . . . that is what all the ministers I've ever had contact with, . . . who didn't just make up their mind to be learned scholars, . . . but were called of God, sanctified by God, equipped by God, and sent out by God to preach the everlasting gospel of Jesus Christ.

I'll take their word and the Bible's word for the two covenants.

May God bless,
Dwight

41 - 60 of 92 Posts