Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
1,683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now that I'm in a wheelchair, it occurs to me that there are those among us who aren't able bodied and upwardly mobile. Any thoughts on the whole disabilities thing and considerations for the physically impaired? I can't be the only guy without the use of his legs out there who is a prepper. I think I'll keep my day pack on my chair and maybe a handgun, but I could use some feedback on tactics and or workarounds for non mobile bugging in since I won't be able to bug out for a few months.

::rambo::

·
Registered
1,829 Posts
There are plenty of people that have the same thoughts and think the worse. Sad to say they don't attempt a question like this for feer of someone saying "tough sh**". In fact, other forums I have seen said just that to them.

A situation for one of my family members has to take long term medicine in order to survive. 1 hour over their medication date is due and they will be in the hospital for a very very very long time. For them, I advised a plan on how they get their medication. Since they are able to refill their meds 1 week in advance, that leaves them with 1 week of medications in the bug out bag. If they do this everytime they get their medications filled, then eventually they will have enought for 1, 2, 3 years worth of meds. Although medicaitons expire, they rotate the new ones with the old ones now, so they have a fresh supply of medications. That buys them 3 years for society to get their stuff together. I also have members of my family that couldn't walk a mile without getting out of breath, so technically they are immobile as well.

For immobile patients, we would have to weigh out exactly the dangers are in your area. If its a Nuclear plant collapsing, then you would need to have transportation out. If its a flood, then have access to a raft nearby (I know you got plenty of those in your old BOV!) If its a tornado, then have everything in your home/apt, moved to the side so that you can get to the inner hallway. For EMP, terriost attacks, riots, earthquakes etc, then we need to think hard of how you would protect yourself/family for a plan. It all comes down to a plan with things.

Knowing you, with your genius ideas, you'll strap on a lawnmower engine to your wheelchair and make it your new BOVW (Bug out Vehicle Wheelchair!). Videos should be posted in a few days on YT! LOL Hmmm.... do I smell a market fo that?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Fortunately, I am not disabled, but in fact, I respect people who have had to pass such a difficult life test. I treat disabled people as heroes, because these people do not give up, despite their ailments and some kind of physical disability. I try to help such people. I was recently at a disabled center. I bought several wheelchair carriers, about which you can read here
Thus, it will be easier for people with disabilities to live in this already cruel world. Help those who are weaker than you!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts