Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi, I'm new to this forum, this is my first post.

I've been a 'mini' prepper for a long time now, and it's time to transform my survival kit to an 'apocalypse kit'....

I already have a gas mask.... But there's a problem...

In my country it's impossible to buy non-expired military CBRN-filters, import would be an option, but customs and shipping would double the price or more... And I'm pretty sure it's illegal to even own a military one... (Almost everything is illegal in scandinavia)....

But I have a A2B2E2K2P3 filter (Which is pretty much the highest protection level for civil/industrial use)

I know the P3 part protects agains biological weapons.... But I have no idea the level of protection against chemical warfare agents or radioactive substances... (Like Sarin, Mustard Gas, Radioactive fallout etc.)

So my questions is...

What are the main differences between a A2B2E2K2P3 and a CBRN/NBC Filter?

Will my A2B2E2K2P3 filter protect against chemical warfare agents and radioactive fallout?

Thanks in advance... :)

·
Registered
4,071 Posts
Hello and welcome to the site, here's what I got when I googled your filter, Hope this helps some.

Home » A2B2E2K2 P3 Filter for Scott Full Face Mask
A2B2E2K2 P3 Filter for Scott Full Face Mask
A2B2E2K2 P3 Filter for Scott Full Face Mask
Brand: Scott
Product Code: D254
Unit of Sale: each
Availability: In Stock
Price: €19.50 (ex VAT)
Qty: Add to Cart
- OR -
Add to Wish List
Add to Compare
0 reviews 0 reviews | Write a review
Description Reviews (0) Related Products (9)

EC233 Cannisters, A2B2E2K2 P3 Filter for Scott Full face Mask.

Features:

- Protects against organic, inorganic and acid gases and vapours as well as ammonia and organic ammonia derivates, solid and liquid particles, radioactive and toxic particles and micro-organisms.

- Manufactured using superior performance media, giving extended adsorption capacity for gas and combined filters and unrivalled efficiency for the particle element.

- Scott particle filters use only microfibre 'paper' media and do not use any electrostatic filtering methods.

- Fully EN approved to the latest standards, marked 'R' for re-usable, CE marked, and connect via a 40mm EN148-1 thread, CE Approval: EN143, EN14387

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks!

Now I'm at least sure that it will protect against radioactive and biological weapons.... Still not 100% sure if it's gonna protect against chemical warfare agents, nor do I know the difference between NBC/CBRN Filters and ABEKP filters...

But thanks a lot! :)

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
Do you know anyone who works at a refinery or chemical facility? Respirators are a common article of PPE and I think the threading for filters are somewhat universal. An industrial supply vendor may be an option for getting the filters.

REmeber, once a filter is opened it's rather generous 90 day life span clock is ticking. It's way less if the opened filter is not stored in an air tight manner.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Do you know anyone who works at a refinery or chemical facility? Respirators are a common article of PPE and I think the threading for filters are somewhat universal. An industrial supply vendor may be an option for getting the filters.

REmeber, once a filter is opened it's rather generous 90 day life span clock is ticking. It's way less if the opened filter is not stored in an air tight manner.
Hmmm... I've heard the life span of an opened filter is double as much... 180 days... But that doesn't matter my filter has been opened for a few years now, so that's going to be used for practice and for showing, only.... I will look into getting a new filter, soon, and this time I ain't gonna brake the seal... :)

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
I work in an environment where well over half our employees wear a respirator on a daily basis. Once a filter cartridge is opened the date is written on it. If stored in an airtight fashion the maximun efective life span of that filter is 90 days. I know of no one who trusts their safety to a 90 day old filter, however.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts