Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys. I am really wanting to pick up one or two very high quality, durable/rugged and reliable hand crank radios. I have been reading reviews online about MANY of them, and it seems they ALL have very mixed reviews. For pretty much any given brand/model, some people say they are great and others say they are garbage and unreliable or not durable.

I know reviews and opinions vary but I was hoping you guys could give me some sound advice. Thanks it advance! :)

·
Registered
31 Posts
This is one of the two I have the Eton FR360R mines the American Red Cross edition, I also got the wall adapter to charge it up. This thing has been rained on, kicked, dropped, stepped on, and everything else and doesn't miss a beat. Flashlight is not awesome but it works the radio performs great, and itll charge your phone in a pinch. I highly recommend this...tho next time ill get the smaller version to save weight. Amazon.com: Etón American Red Cross ARCFR360R Solarlink Self-Powered Digital AM/FM/NOAA Radio with Solar Power, Flashlight and Cell Phone Charger (Red): Electronics

·
Registered
5 Posts
This is one of the two I have the Eton FR360R mines the American Red Cross edition, I also got the wall adapter to charge it up. This thing has been rained on, kicked, dropped, stepped on, and everything else and doesn't miss a beat. Flashlight is not awesome but it works the radio performs great, and itll charge your phone in a pinch. I highly recommend this...tho next time ill get the smaller version to save weight. Amazon.com: Etón American Red Cross ARCFR360R Solarlink Self-Powered Digital AM/FM/NOAA Radio with Solar Power, Flashlight and Cell Phone Charger (Red): Electronics
I have this radio too. It performs pretty well and that fact that it can charge other devices is a big bonus for me.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Each of the families in our group has one of them also. They seem kind of fragile to me but they work very well. I really do like the solar collector on the handle - I have had ours on for 12 hrs. while working outside and no outside source of power was needed.

·
Registered
206 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
You can't beat'em - we have several, one has got to be twenty years old or older. They are all still working just fine. We've used them during power outages too many times to list. C. Crane is a good investment.
Thanks for the recommendation! Sounds like they are super reliable and last a long time!

·
Registered
126 Posts
Their products are high quality
And their people are wonderful.
I've known them over 15yrs.

CC Solar Observer AM/FM/Weather Emergency Radio w/ LED Flashlight - C. Crane Company (800) 522-8863
Yeah I've never heard a bad thing about C.Crane radios. They seem very well made. I ended up going with a Kaito Voyager but I'm sure I would have been just as happy with a C.Crane. One thing I noticed on that particular model though is that it doesn't have shortwave. I don't feel this to be very important but others might.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I know the red cross makes a quality one. ive got one that has a crank, solar charger, 3 led lights, a radio, usb port for charging electronics, and a headphone jack. $25 for it and worth every penny

1 - 14 of 14 Posts