Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A new member to this forum residing in the Pacific Northwest, hoping to build some contacts with members al,l over the country.

I am becoming more and more concerned as to the rights and freedoms of us citizens, and lack thereof, while also being concerned as to the general state of of our nation and the many threats we face.

With Russia getting ready to enter the Ukraine, the mess in Syria and North Korea....the radiation heading over to the U.S. from Japan, an economy that is smoke and mirrors, the National debt out of control, earthquakes becoming more prevalent, and the possibility of a pole reversal in the near future, there are indeed many things that could have a serious impact on our way of life, and our survival. These are very real concerns....

Was wondering if there are any other "real" and " genuine" individuals here that have similar concerns? If so, have any thought about looking into a small self sufficient community that would be considered " off the grid" somewhere in the Northwest / Mountain west?

I would welcome any feedback and thoughts from all.

Mal

·
Registered
1,693 Posts
I think most, if not EVERY member here shares your concerns. We all are prepping for something. You will find members here from every corner of the globe, with enough knowledge to fill the Library of Congress. Welcome from South Florida.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Rigged....certainly wasn't my intent to offend...my apologies if indeed my opening comments were taken the wrong way.

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
Rigged....certainly wasn't my intent to offend...my apologies if indeed my opening comments were taken the wrong way.
No worries. I edited my reply, and I apologize for not playing well with others today.

Again, welcome to the herd and congrats on the decision to live with open eyes and mind.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Welcome from Big Sky Country, "The Last Best Place."

I did not come to Montana by accident. I read James Dale Davidson's book, THE GREAT RECKONING about 20 years ago which forecast much of what we see today. On page 553 of the book, he identified the best places to go to for future quality of life (from the analysis of a Dr. Jack Lessinger). Even after 20 years, Davidson's predictions about the coming turmoil and Lessinger's recommendations for places to live have really held up.

Where I live, people are arriving all the time who have just decided to pull up stakes and move to Montana to escape the big cities and raise their families in a safe, decent place where the phrase "help thy neighbor" still has meaning. Met one last week who cashed out his home and business to just come here, in his mid-forties with a family of six, and find another way of life. He could see things in the east were crumbling all around him and had the guts to leave it all behind so his children could have a decent future.

·
Registered
8,068 Posts
Hello from Minnesota

·
Administrator
15,006 Posts
welcome from Florida

1 - 20 of 29 Posts