Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Mod Squad
2,260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hushmail is way more security-friendly than many of the free email services out there. It uses solid encryption and won't release any information about its users without a valid court order from its host country. You can read about the features and benefits at their site...

Hushmail.com

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
Nice find Prepadoodle. I run my own email servers, but once you go Canadian, you never go back. ;)

In the interest of complete disclosure, there is absolutely nothing secure about email in of itself. Once it leaves your server and bounces off another postmaster, anything that is in there is easily accessible by any party determined enough to see it. That being said, there are very few people interested in your email. No need to start sending things in code. However if you truly feel what you are discussing should never leave the confines of you and the person you're talking to, don't use email.

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
I used to be and still somewhat into bodybuilding. I was on several bodybuilding message boards as well. When I would order "supplements" online from overseas. I always either used Hushmail,Cyber-rights,Ziplip or Keptprivate emails. They are very secure but I am of the belief that if the government wants to read it, they will! That being said, Hushmail is very good if you are just worried about scamers and stuff!

·
Registered
6,086 Posts
The government reads it (and everything else) between your computer and the target account. It is taken in transit and scanned and/or recorded.

The only way it might be considered safe is if it is encrypted in a way that the government cannot decipher it... which might get you into more trouble than the original message.

1212 2548 3658 7549 5227 6894 2248 3287 4695 2379

·
Registered
6,086 Posts
Close! but not quite. ;)

Reactions: Ripon

·
Registered
2,123 Posts
If I was the NSA, I'd invent a secure mail service for the public and then sit on the back side and watch all the paranoid people sign up. Once it leaves your keyboard, it's out there for all the world.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts