Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

A message to everyone

3K views 45 replies 21 participants last post by  bigwheel 
#1 ·
I haven't been around as much lately, you know, that whole life getting in the way thing. I did see @Denton got the ban hammer for 2 weeks (jealous I didn't get to do it). So it seems, as @Slippy would say "The world has done gone crazy".

Even though I haven't been around as much I do check in from time to time. What I have noticed is a lot of tension. Not only between people who have just joined and most likely came here to sow division but also between members that have known each other (virtually) for a long time.

I guess this message is to remind everyone "they" want us divided and are pulling strings for us to be that way. I watched a doc called The Social Dilemma where past silicon valley people lay out how it is being done. And it is being done without you even knowing.

Basically what I'm getting at is these are troubling times and even though we might not agree with each other we should have those discussions in a civil and respectful manner. This goes beyond PF, I'm talking about in your personal life as well. A lot of time our initial thought is to be disrespectful to someone who is being disrespectful to you. But remember they are trying to antagonize you. They want you to "snap" and attack them back. Be smart when engaging others and be aware.

We have some trying times ahead of us and keeping our wits and using our brains will get us much farther than simply lashing out or fighting on their terms.

May god be with all of us!

See less See more
#2 ·
@Sasquatch, I'm sorry that Denton has the issue. And, in fact, I wish I would have known in advance.

Denton has not only done a lot for me, but for the forum and several of the newbie kids. If two weeks would have been called for by forum rules and regulations, I would have done the time for him. I owe him, and I believe that I'm still here because of mods like him.

...besides, I did a lot of 'time' in high school discipline study halls. Eh, what's one more...

#11 ·
Wow. Haven't been on in a bit so getting used to the new layout. Not entirely surprised to see Slip already in the penalty box (love you @Slippy and your stories about genuine Slippy pikes). Have to say I am surprised to see Denton in there with him. He always seemed like a voice of reason. Strange times.

#13 · (Edited)
@Elvis Getting canned here is pretty hard. They just got a vacation. Both will be back. We are usually an open minded group. The rules here are fairly simple and easy to follow. If you haven't read the rules, it might be a good idea to look them over. Again, those rules are easy. It's not rocket science. I don't think you have anything to worry about.

#14 ·
Oh,,,, Getting canned here is easier than you'd think, not going to go into how I know. But in the past I've seen some members like ML118 (I think that was his handle) get away with some comments that probably could get someone arrested and other times people have gotten banned for simply trying to preserve their privacy.

A little uneven in the banning requirements in my uneducated opinion.
just my 2 cents.

#16 ·
None of us are at our best at all times. Yet I've read all or most of your posts and like what you say and how you say it. You haven't ever crossed the line as far as I can see. Make no mistake, both Denton and Slippy knew what they were doing and pushed it anyhow. Denton knew he had crossed the line but did it anyhow. Slippy has also done this many times and he knows he's doing it but does it anyhow.

You my friend are nowhere close to that. Nothing I've seen ever even from you got close so no worries.

#20 ·
Slippy wanted me to pass along the word to mods that he has no problem with his ban. He's cool with it.

#26 ·
Vertical Scope will no longer be niggardly with punishment for rule infractions as long as you rebellious Yanks continue to flaunt your rejection of the globalist agenda with this ridiculous notion of free speech.
Elections and decisions have consequences.

#29 · (Edited)
You want consequences? Well, hold on to your glass of moonshine, since I shan’t be stingy, while I flout the Globalist Agenda.

Dear Globalist Agenda, die, and burn in Hell, you rat bastards.

Lord in heaven, that was cathartic.:ROFLMAO: It was better than taking Ex Lax.

Reactions: Black 5
#39 · (Edited)
If you are the cussing Einstein, I am the raving Fermi— most others here are maniacal Rutherfords.
Whose lives consist of walking into walls, while in deep and tense meditations, and crazy spells. :ROFLMAO:

#37 ·
George Carlin always had a good routine about swearing. Particularly the word F--k! It's always the word you save till the end of the argument you have lost. Oh F--k you and the horse you rode in on. he was right in most cases

My Dad always said if you can make the argument without swearing your winning. Bull shit. He swore like a a street thug on steroids when wuppin the shit out of me and my brother when we F--ked up. He could make a good argument as well if he wasn't swinging at my head. After all, he was an educated man, and educated men never swear, right?

Now me, having come from the street, can swear with the best of them. I can run a train of MFer's and swear words that would curl a navy veteran's ears. When younger, if ever the mother F-ck--'s stop, that meant I am done talking.

Now, these days, and for the past 30 years or so, I have been in sales and business, and as my Dad said, I can make the f--c-ing argument without swearing, after all, I am a well read informed man. But when I need to make a point to my guys, or show I am not playing, I will look them in the eye, straight in the FU-K--G eye, and ask a simple question. Do you "Fu--ing! understand?

Then again, I don't fear the ones who swear, I fear the fu--ing ones who never say anything at all.

Reactions: BamaDOC
#40 ·
@stowlin Slippy and Denton will be out of the cooler soon. But you’re right. Traffic here is way down but I suspect that is mostly due to the new format. Hopefully some of the old timers will relent and come back in a few days. I personally don’t much like change, but I’m getting used to the new look and learning to navigate here. In a week or two I’m sure I’ll be comfortable and I hope others will be too.

#46 ·
Its continuing to drive me nuts so far. Thanks. My Daddy always said cussing showed a lack of good vocabulary skills so I rarely do it unless I really get mad. Now detecting racial slurs sounds like a daunting task to the untrianed eye. What races can be slurred etc? Somebody has went nuts on here. lol.

#42 ·
Well , well
I haven’t posted in about ten months but finding Slippy in trouble with the mods makes me feel that all is right with the world. Lol
Remember his nom de plume Slippys Attorney? He used that to get around band in the past.
Denton in the cooler is a change though...
BoF.
All is normal in the land of Slippy. Denton will be back in about a week. He stepped down as a mod.

#43 ·
Slippy does add a dose of color...and a huge dollop of reality.

Denton is incredible as are many others.

this is an online thing.. we don’t meet or know each other except for PM’s but I’ve come to respect many online here. A good group.

Reactions: Annie
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.