Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Super Moderator
9,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I haven't been around as much lately, you know, that whole life getting in the way thing. I did see @Denton got the ban hammer for 2 weeks (jealous I didn't get to do it). So it seems, as @Slippy would say "The world has done gone crazy".

Even though I haven't been around as much I do check in from time to time. What I have noticed is a lot of tension. Not only between people who have just joined and most likely came here to sow division but also between members that have known each other (virtually) for a long time.

I guess this message is to remind everyone "they" want us divided and are pulling strings for us to be that way. I watched a doc called The Social Dilemma where past silicon valley people lay out how it is being done. And it is being done without you even knowing.

Basically what I'm getting at is these are troubling times and even though we might not agree with each other we should have those discussions in a civil and respectful manner. This goes beyond PF, I'm talking about in your personal life as well. A lot of time our initial thought is to be disrespectful to someone who is being disrespectful to you. But remember they are trying to antagonize you. They want you to "snap" and attack them back. Be smart when engaging others and be aware.

We have some trying times ahead of us and keeping our wits and using our brains will get us much farther than simply lashing out or fighting on their terms.

May god be with all of us!

·
Registered
5,582 Posts
@Sasquatch, I'm sorry that Denton has the issue. And, in fact, I wish I would have known in advance.

Denton has not only done a lot for me, but for the forum and several of the newbie kids. If two weeks would have been called for by forum rules and regulations, I would have done the time for him. I owe him, and I believe that I'm still here because of mods like him.

...besides, I did a lot of 'time' in high school discipline study halls. Eh, what's one more...

·
Super Moderator
8,627 Posts
I haven't been around as much lately, you know, that whole life getting in the way thing. I did see @Denton got the ban hammer for 2 weeks (jealous I didn't get to do it). So it seems, as @Slippy would say "The world has done gone crazy".

Even though I haven't been around as much I do check in from time to time. What I have noticed is a lot of tension. Not only between people who have just joined and most likely came here to sow division but also between members that have known each other (virtually) for a long time.

I guess this message is to remind everyone "they" want us divided and are pulling strings for us to be that way. I watched a doc called The Social Dilemma where past silicon valley people lay out how it is being done. And it is being done without you even knowing.

Basically what I'm getting at is these are troubling times and even though we might not agree with each other we should have those discussions in a civil and respectful manner. This goes beyond PF, I'm talking about in your personal life as well. A lot of time our initial thought is to be disrespectful to someone who is being disrespectful to you. But remember they are trying to antagonize you. They want you to "snap" and attack them back. Be smart when engaging others and be aware.

We have some trying times ahead of us and keeping our wits and using our brains will get us much farther than simply lashing out or fighting on their terms.

Well stated my friend. :vs_closedeyes:

·
Registered
2,624 Posts

You got a hundo you can let me hold til payday, Sas? If not, kick rocks, you hairy bastard!!

·
Registered
149 Posts
Wow. Haven't been on in a bit so getting used to the new layout. Not entirely surprised to see Slip already in the penalty box (love you @Slippy and your stories about genuine Slippy pikes). Have to say I am surprised to see Denton in there with him. He always seemed like a voice of reason. Strange times.

·
Super Moderator
8,627 Posts
@Elvis Getting canned here is pretty hard. They just got a vacation. Both will be back. We are usually an open minded group. The rules here are fairly simple and easy to follow. If you haven't read the rules, it might be a good idea to look them over. Again, those rules are easy. It's not rocket science. I don't think you have anything to worry about.

·
Registered
832 Posts
@Elvis Getting canned here is pretty hard. They just got a vacation. Both will be back. We are usually an open minded group. The rules here are fairly simple and easy to follow. If you haven't read the rules, it might be a good idea to look them over. Again, those rules are easy. It's not rocket science. I don't think you have anything to worry about.
Oh,,,, Getting canned here is easier than you'd think, not going to go into how I know. But in the past I've seen some members like ML118 (I think that was his handle) get away with some comments that probably could get someone arrested and other times people have gotten banned for simply trying to preserve their privacy.

A little uneven in the banning requirements in my uneducated opinion.
just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
12,291 Posts
I guess I am going to have to make an extra special effort to mind what I say. I am not the best at the all of the time, so I will limited my participation here.

·
Super Moderator
8,627 Posts
I guess I am going to have to make an extra special effort to mind what I say. I am not the best at the all of the time, so I will limited my participation here.
None of us are at our best at all times. Yet I've read all or most of your posts and like what you say and how you say it. You haven't ever crossed the line as far as I can see. Make no mistake, both Denton and Slippy knew what they were doing and pushed it anyhow. Denton knew he had crossed the line but did it anyhow. Slippy has also done this many times and he knows he's doing it but does it anyhow.

You my friend are nowhere close to that. Nothing I've seen ever even from you got close so no worries.

·
Registered
12,291 Posts
None of us are at our best at all times. Yet I've read all or most of your posts and like what you say and how you say it. You haven't ever crossed the line as far as I can see. Make no mistake, both Denton and Slippy knew what they were doing and pushed it anyhow. Denton knew he had crossed the line but did it anyhow. Slippy has also done this many times and he knows he's doing it but does it anyhow.

You my friend are nowhere close to that. Nothing I've seen ever even from you got close so no worries.
Fair enough, but I have been banned from AR15.com and Survivalist Boards for reasons I thought were crazy innocent. I will stick around but lower my profile. Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
8,627 Posts
Oh,,,, Getting canned here is easier than you'd think, not going to go into how I know. But in the past I've seen some members like ML118 (I think that was his handle) get away with some comments that probably could get someone arrested and other times people have gotten banned for simply trying to preserve their privacy.

A little uneven in the banning requirements in my uneducated opinion.
just my 2 cents.
For a long time we had been short on moderators. We had 2 doing the heavy lifting. Yes there were other mods but they were not around much. It's hard to catch everything when you're short handed. It's hard to catch what happens in every post. I recently caught an glitch in a post that was over a month old. A polite PM and the situation was handled. This is why other mods were added. I can't speak for others but I can tell you why with me.

When asked, I had to think about it. I decided to answer the call because I like this forum. This is where I spend most of my online time. I do frequent one other forum but not nearly as much as I am here. Denton decided step down. He earned his time off here, and yes, Denton and I are friends. We still are.

A decision was made to add mods who would be here and help with the heavy lifting. Hence here we are. Could more be added? Possibly. Maybe this is something you might consider? Just a thought.

Banning a person is a last resort. Usually a quick converstation can fix most issues.

·
Administrator
14,699 Posts
Slippy wanted me to pass along the word to mods that he has no problem with his ban. He's cool with it.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts