Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 83 Posts

·
Registered
938 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just for grins and chuckles, please post your desired Post Apocalypse Job below. That way when TEOTWAWKI comes, we will all know who is going to do what.

I would claim the job of Bull of the Repopulation Harem, but my wife would kill me, so I would only have the job for two minutes.

So, I lay claim to being Governor of the Food and Water Supplies. Because it is good to be King, but it is better to be able to ensure we all have enough to eat and drink!

You?

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
Sheriff, deputy or Militia/Security force Commander of some type. It's my way. I considered getting in the Peace Officer field for a long time after getting out of the 82nd, but just couldn't get over the politics and how criminals are dealt with these days. How so many consistant trouble makers are slapped on the wrist only to dealt with again and again and real problems you're not allowed to fix. I've got a feeling all that will go the way of the dodo when the collapse comes and it might be nice to watch over a community worth watching over.

·
Registered
24,403 Posts
General store owner.
Fuzzee, this former MP won't be needing much assistance in the case of attempted robberies. If you hear gunshots from the store, call whoever steps up to be the coroner. On the other hand, let me know whenever you need someone to be a part of your posse.

·
Registered
240 Posts
I think I would take the undertaker position, I would never be out of work. Blood and guts doesn't bother me so I think it would be a nice fit. Just send them my way Denton.

·
Registered
640 Posts
Psycho Revolutionary.... since every Hollywood movie suggests that you've got to have that one knucklehead that doesn't get along with the survivors and tries to make their already miserable lives a living hell. :)

Reactions: Irish

·
Registered
570 Posts
Sheriff, deputy or Militia/Security force Commander of some type. It's my way. I considered getting in the Peace Officer field for a long time after getting out of the 82nd, but just couldn't get over the politics and how criminals are dealt with these days. How so many consistant trouble makers are slapped on the wrist only to dealt with again and again and real problems you're not allowed to fix. I've got a feeling all that will go the way of the dodo when the collapse comes and it might be nice to watch over a community worth watching over.
I'm with you on this one. Establishing/maintaining security, watching for and engaging threats is too engrained to give it up. At the very least, in the Post-apocalyptic economy, I'd like to consider myself one heckuva rent-a-cop.

·
Registered
24,403 Posts
Psycho Revolutionary.... since every Hollywood movie suggests that you've got to have that one knucklehead that doesn't get along with the survivors and tries to make their already miserable lives a living hell. :)
Careful about the paths you cross. You know the saying about wrestling with the pig, right? :smile:

·
Registered
640 Posts
Denton... yeah... I like Shaw too. Just adding humor to the mix.

Actually... I'd like to be a scout/explorer/ranger/hunter type. I'd find other worthwhile survivors and direct them towards the group (or direct them away if things were tight) and then 86 any unworthy ones to keep the roads clear of trouble. I'd explore and find supplies or new sources of food... hunt game for the community... transport communications or supplies back and forth between sister groups... remap the area for others to field trip to gather food... basically... I'd risk myself in the field and then come back to the group and sleep like a baby knowing the rest of you were doing your part and keeping me safe while I slept. Tit for Tat....

·
Registered
26 Posts
Give me a tower, rifle, potatoes, and whiskey and i'll keep you safe from as far that thing can shoot.

edit:
seriously though.

I would most likely turn to my technical problem solving skill and my creative inventing skills and my booming voice skills and my being 6'6" skill... and pretty much you know rule the world or whatever

·
Registered
492 Posts
Jesse James said it best, "There are only two types of people in this world, Those who can weld and those who can't"

punch

·
Registered
2,218 Posts
manager of people is what i do now. asses and allocate skills. course im not scared of hard work. im pretty adapatable and can do anything from management to minion work

·
Premium Member
2,943 Posts
As the name implies... A sailor and captain.. Not really a pirate though. Since we won't be flying much we'll revert back to the old days of transport and one of those was by sailing ship.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I'm currently studying gunsmithing. That along with small arms sales are good for both pre- and post-TEOTWAWKI. :cool: I dare say there will be an even greater demand post collapse.

·
Registered
296 Posts
anywhere and everywhere that I am needed . building cabins would be 1 of my most favorite things to do, but risking my life running for supplies for the rest the community would be my number 1 asset! plus not being afraid of confrontation will really help when you come across the rival group, both going for the same supplies!

but nonetheless would even wash dishes if that's what the group needed me to do!!

oh yeah and training dogs to be a successful useful part of the group

1 - 20 of 83 Posts