Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, I hope you're all staying warm, sufficiently hydrated and on the better side of sane. Recently my wife's streamlight gave up so she just took not only my Pelican but also my Milwaukee search light due to the fact that she is absolutely petrified of the dark. I knew that her streamlight was on its way out, so I got her a Fenix TK16R.

It was an early Christmas present and I've got to say it is pretty impressive. She struts out on the back deck like a peacock, blinding the folks on the space station despite having three 5200 lumen lights out there alone now.

She happily returned my lights, now she'll be ecstatic when she finds the 10K lumen one under the tree.

My Grandfather always said there's two rules while hunting at night; no light and no sound. He'd then say " but if you're going to break those rules, shatter them ". Although he was mainly referring to his time spent in Korea.

One thing I could never deal with was a dull light, seems wrong to me to a degree. There's applications for such but far and few between in my eyes. I usually keep a Milwaukee pen light in every pack, but that's more for a convenience factor. Always keep a better one in a lot of places.

At work I've encountered a few mainly drillers who have flashlights and if by the off chance it is an LED it's a piss poor one at that. The one drill I used to run a 590 I outfitted with multiple LEDs, I've found that I've been following my Grandfather's advice more though recently I added two light bars and four pod lights to my TRX.

Anyways have a Merry Christmas everyone, stay safe and if you encounter a possum let them be; they eat ticks like crazy.

·
Super Moderator
9,266 Posts
Thanks for the review. Where did you purchase and price please? Does this use rechargable batteries or throw away?
Merry Christmas

·
Registered
329 Posts
I’ve been a fan of OLIGHT for a while now. Solid solid lights and pushing the lumen envelope every new light. I own way too many of these lights.

But from a prepping standpoint, many of the smaller Obulb lights make amazing SHTF emergency lighting. These recharge via usb in a couple hours or less, and run bright enough to illuminate a decent room for 40+ hours.

the tac lights are amazing for edc and I always have one on me. Small, don’t even realize I’m carrying one, and they put out 1500-2000 lumens….

·
Super Moderator
1-6 months, natural disasters or economic collapse
10,111 Posts
I was the one in the family that everyone made fun of for always wanting a new flashlight.
Finding the perfect light is such a challenge among all the fodder on the shelves. You truly do get what you pay for.
I used to only carry Mag Lites until they started their LED lines and ruined everything. I need to find a good replacement.
I always welcome these mentions and real reviews. Thanks!

Reactions: Grinch

·
Registered
6,341 Posts
Hi. My name is Rob and I'm a flashlight addict.
Last count I had 27.

...and if I see another great one, I'll make it 28.

Reactions: Kauboy

·
Registered
6,171 Posts
...but also my Milwaukee search light due to the fact that she is absolutely petrified of the dark...

And I don't blame her, it's getting to be anything stilted or troubling just going out to your mailbox! I often get the morning mail for my wife, and yes, most times I'm "carrying something.'

I do not believe this is being paranoid. If nothing happens on your walk, then good for you. If you get that "hinky feeling" and you hear "foreign laughter" then that knife or small pistol suddenly doesn't feel so cumbersome. So 'Grinch,' I think you have a very savvy comrade in todays circumstances. I'd be happy to polish something sharp for her great choice.

·
Registered
11,015 Posts
My Muslim neighbor bought some kinda walking stick with a built in strobe light that will fry a persons eyes. He says he likes to walk at night. I been trying to talk him out of it. I would not want to blind the drivers of cars headed in my direction. Somebody needs to see something.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
...but also my Milwaukee search light due to the fact that she is absolutely petrified of the dark...

And I don't blame her, it's getting to be anything stilted or troubling just going out to your mailbox! I often get the morning mail for my wife, and yes, most times I'm "carrying something.'

I do not believe this is being paranoid. If nothing happens on your walk, then good for you. If you get that "hinky feeling" and you hear "foreign laughter" then that knife or small pistol suddenly doesn't feel so cumbersome. So 'Grinch,' I think you have a very savvy comrade in todays circumstances. I'd be happy to polish something sharp for her great choice.
Most people are instinctively afraid of the dark, but she loses fine motor skills at a startling pace. She is always carrying something usually multiple items, she often carries her STI 2011 in 38 Super around the house. Not to mention a double edged o.t.f, she usually has a backup to boot.

I’ve been a fan of OLIGHT for a while now. Solid solid lights and pushing the lumen envelope every new light. I own way too many of these lights.
I'm a fan of Olight, however with the lumens, run time and size she wanted they were a bit lacking. She actually has an Olight weapon light on AR57.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am a fan of flashlights, and I have sofirn, olight, Streamlight, Fenix, and zebra light. But I love small and bright lights.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I recently got one of these and am extremely impressed by the pure white beam it puts out. Can go from wide to narrow, with 3 levels of brightness. Very well built- has good heft, and is rechargable. 5.25" long.

Hard to find, tho- I had to go to 3 different Home Depots near me to find one.

Edit: It doesn't flash, tho. Sorry.

Bicycle part Cylinder Material property Font Gas

Font Document Screenshot Number Electric blue

1 - 11 of 11 Posts