Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

A HOME MADE TOOL / TIP For Survival "LOOKATME"

4K views 12 replies 9 participants last post by  MikeyPrepper 
#1 ·
Wood Petal Flooring Carmine Fashion accessory

I will try an add one of these gadgets a week to the forum I'm full of tactical and technical ideas give me your feed back ... thanks

This is a Signaling Gadget that I like to call the "LOOKATME" haha
PURPOSE:-
When and if SHTF some of us will be traveling to a location or possibly bugging in- people may be coming to you or you could go to them. once put together un ravel the string so the glowstick an fabric is hanging down swing above head in a circular motion " like a helicopter" this is so flying overhead can locate your position or swing in front of you in a circular motion so a fellow prep per sees you so he or she does not mistake you as a threat. Just a all around good thing to have on you when traveling or staying in.

I have used this to signal my position to friendly teammates in war so they did not shoot, i have signaled helicopters with this as well as used it as a movement locater for a fellow prep per who lives on a mtn with no road to walk me into there position.

It has many different uses as i will state.

The Pannel is a DS-17 military Grade Pannel ( just a part of it ) ( can be substituted with any Bright fabric at least 12 inch by 12 inch .

At the bottom of the fabric punch a hole.

Next you will need any form of thin reliable rope (i.e) Shoelace - 550 cord - heavy string at least 3 feet.

I used 550 cord that can be purchased online or any military store it can double and hold a lot of weight an inside the green string has a lot of other smaller white stings which can tie together to possibly tie off a tent to a tree or tie down anything to a bugout truck or what ever the situation may be.

Last you will need a Chemical light glowstick or small flash light in my case i used a chemical light or "GLOWSTICK". it has a hole so you can put string through it. or tie off a small light to it.

Hope its useful for you as it is for me

Take care
_JAE

See less See more
#4 ·
Pretty good idea, having experience in a helicopter I can say that a twirling chemlight at night would definitely get my attention on nvg's. No haji has that sort of ingenuity ;) That being said, you would want to use this with people you know I think. When shtf people will be starving, thirsty or just plain acting out their deepest darkest fantasies. If someone like that see's someone twirling a bright orange piece of fabric with a chemlight attached (presumably with a nice big BOB on their back) they would probably think something along the lines of, "Way to easy...". Anyway, I'm off to my garage to make this haha, thank you!!

#6 ·
Any group such as ours has near,far recognition and running pass word already set up. And a system where they can changed if events require it such as a member is arrested or goes missing.

#7 ·
I like the light-on-a-string idea. If the light is bright enough a pilot or spotter could easily find you from the sky. Good idea. Thanks.

In our little Mutual Assistance Group we have made brightly colored, distinguishable shapes to pin to our outer garment on our chest, back, or both. We will use our chest as a first choice because the bright color could easily be covered quickly with our arms folded in front of us if we need to hide in a hurry. These fabric shapes are about 8"x8" and have a safety pin at each corner or tip of the shape. We have pinned two of these shapes inside of every coat and jacket we own. We also have several cammo jackets and coats hanging in our "community room" for anyone to use as needed. Every one of us have the exact same shape and color so that we can be quickly identified through binoculars from our BIL and from our lookout tower. We selected a shape that would probably not be used by any other person or group. We made these about 18 months ago and I think we must have made 50 or 60 of the little shapes. Obviously we do not know what conditions will trigger the use of these but we are trying to plan for all sorts of situations. You know - plan ahead.

#10 ·
Yes, like i said you can twist it anyway you would like and use it how you will just a helpful easy and cheap tool i devised in my endeavors through afghanistan.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.