Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If this is a repost, then flog me without mercy. i did a search before posting and didn't find anything.
BUT

Apparently Sons of Guns' Red Jacket Firearms had an episode centered around designing the ultimate zombie killing weapon.
They brought in Max Brooks (author of Zombie Survival Guide; World War Z) as an expert consultant to help design and test it!

The perfect description of my reaction?
"I'm sorry, I couldn't hear you over the sound of my throbbing erection." -Sterling Archer
My favorite quote of the show came from Will.
"I don't think [that weapon] has the inherent accuracy you need for dedicated headshots out to an extened range."
Don't let the Southern drawl fool you. That man is brilliant.

I bought the show on iTunes personally. But somebody threw it up on Youtube

·
Registered
219 Posts
I had a Mossberg Chainsaw few months now.....take off the "HANDLE" and your 200% more accurate and 200% faster..Great gun now!...Hard to believe WILL is that bad of a shot with one! Brilliant or not!

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
I couldn't get that video to work all I got was the following.
Sons Of Guns Se..." The YouTube account associated with this video has been terminated due to multiple third-party notifications of copyright infringement
But if that was the episode that they made a 22 for the ultimate zombie gun I thought at the time it is just a weaker version of the PS-90

Red Jackets Zombie gun
http://api.ning.com/files/mrMXxvGZG...RJOd5oCF*s/Red_Jacket_ZK22__4f9206156be23.jpg
ade from a 10/22 action loaded with a 25 rnd mag. 22 long rifle max 115 ft/lbs
FN-Herstal
PS-90
http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l39/obsidianstudio/ps90_01.jpg
5.7x28 50rnd mag. 5.7x28 16in barrel 580 ft/lbs

·
Registered
2,207 Posts
I watched the "Walking Dead" series season 1 and 2, very entertaining but sooooooooooo much Hollywood marksmanship. They continually shoot the zombies in the head while running and driving in cars, totally unrealistic to actual marksmanship. People don't realize that even with a weaver or open stance the chance of making a head shot at 15 yards is incredibly low in battlefield conditions.

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
I watched the "Walking Dead" series season 1 and 2, very entertaining but sooooooooooo much Hollywood marksmanship. They continually shoot the zombies in the head while running and driving in cars, totally unrealistic to actual marksmanship. People don't realize that even with a weaver or open stance the chance of making a head shot at 15 yards is incredibly low in battlefield conditions.
I always love when in the movies someone is using a telescopic scope on a rifle it doesn't matter what the distance those cross hairs are perfectly steady on the target easy to see why anyone that never fired a gun can believe that you can't miss.

·
Banned
1,683 Posts
I mean custom kitted out zombie guns are great but for a real zombie apocalypse I'll take my rusty trusty.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts