Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner
61 - 78 of 78 Posts

· Super Moderator
1-6 months, natural disasters or economic collapse
11,052 Posts
But your discussion is moot since your premise that the 30 feeds a 17 is shown to be false. If anything the pressure down stream from the refinery will be less due to an equal or lesser flow of product
I went back and checked.
Phase 1 is a 30" pipe. Phase 2 is a 36, Phase 3 is a 36.
The XL would have been Phase 4, bypassing the Phase 1 stretch, and you'd have a 36 joining to a 36.
Where our resident "expert" got 28 and 17 is anyone's guess.

· Registered
60 Posts
What is left out
Finished motor gas 8.795
Distillate fuel oil 3.943
Hydrocarbon gas liquids (propane,butane) 3.410
Kerosene type jet fuels 1.371
Still gas .642
Asphalt & Road Oil .370
Residual fuel oil .31
Petrochemical feedstocks .289
Petroleum coke .269
Lubricants .104
Other petroleum products .211
Special napthas .042
Avaiation Gas .012
Waxes .006
Kerosene .005
Total is 19.728 million barrels per day. You still show zero knowledge of friction loss. As you said facts are hedouble hockey sticks.

· Registered
60 Posts
I went back and checked.
Phase 1 is a 30" pipe. Phase 2 is a 36, Phase 3 is a 36.
The XL would have been Phase 4, bypassing the Phase 1 stretch, and you'd have a 36 joining to a 36.
Where our resident "expert" got 28 and 17 is anyone's guess.
Ah another one who doesn’t understand what examples are, shessh even elementary school kids do

· Registered
60 Posts
I didn’t know grown adults, wouldn’t understand examples. I guess from now on all had feed you every piece of information, broken down so a kindergartener would understand it, I’ll avoid using fancy words, large words, and examples, to bring it down to a level you can understand

· Registered
2,187 Posts
Kai it's a hopeless cause. The poor lad has just about every aspect on this part of the thread wrong. I'm tired of trying to show him the error of his ways.

· Super Moderator
11,052 Posts
Ah another one who doesn’t understand what examples are, shessh even elementary school kids do
Examples of an INCORRECT premise are not valid examples.
There is no big pipe to small pipe connection here.
The pipe diameters are the same.
Your disingenuous "examples" are just lies you're now trying give cover to.

· Registered
2,187 Posts
Don't try and belittle some one who was simply showing you the error in your basic premise 28" and 17" when in reality the lines you are describing are 30" and 36" respectively. If you want to discuss a real world issue you have to deal with real world facts not some fantasy you've imagined

· Super Moderator
11,052 Posts
I didn’t know grown adults, wouldn’t understand examples. I guess from now on all had feed you every piece of information, broken down so a kindergartener would understand it, I’ll avoid using fancy words, large words, and examples, to bring it down to a level you can understand
I'm sure we would all appreciate if the professor would dumb it down for us luddites. Though you may not wish you had. Pseudo-intellectual people use uncommon vocabulary to hide their bullshit, hoping nobody realizes the lie.
Dumb it down for us, and it may bury you.

· Registered
60 Posts
Don't try and belittle some one who was simply showing you the error in your basic premise 28" and 17" when in reality the lines you are describing are 30" and 36" respectively. If you want to discuss a real world issue you have to deal with real world facts not some fantasy you've imagined
Says the one who can’t even get how much oil we as a country consume on a day to day basis…..

· Registered
60 Posts
I'm sure we would all appreciate if the professor would dumb it down for us luddites. Though you may not wish you had. Pseudo-intellectual people use uncommon vocabulary to hide their bullshit, hoping nobody realizes the lie.
Dumb it down for us, and it may bury you.
I highly doubt that. I mean basic science will always win.

· Super Moderator
11,052 Posts
I highly doubt that. I mean basic science will always win.
As long as you stick to it. But not if you conjure up random figures on a whim to support a predetermined narrative...

· Registered
60 Posts
You mean like Real Old Mans numbers on how much oil is used in the country per day? I mean .7 mbpd is what is listed as the maximum discharge of the pipeline at the end of the last phase. That’s not some random made up number, that’s what the designer, builder, etc of the pipeline said. Friction loss is a real scientific fact, that isn’t some random made up thing. That will effect the end discharge, as pressure increases, discharge will decrease due to loss of flow from the material interacting with the surface of the pipe as it flows. It affects everything from water systems for potable water, irrigation, fire protection, sewage, oil, and so on . 🤷‍♂️

· Registered
2,187 Posts
Finished motor gas 8.795
Distillate fuel oil 3.943
Hydrocarbon gas liquids (propane,butane) 3.410
Kerosene type jet fuels 1.371
Still gas .642
Asphalt & Road Oil .370
Residual fuel oil .31
Petrochemical feedstocks .289
Petroleum coke .269
Lubricants .104
Other petroleum products .211
Special napthas .042
Avaiation Gas .012
Waxes .006
Kerosene .005
Total is 19.728 million barrels per day. You still show zero knowledge of friction loss. As you said facts are hedouble hockey sticks.
Think that you may have gotten some of your figures wrong like on fuel oil - seems like you combined diesel with heating oil but heating oil is in mgpd not mbpd and it has to be divided by 42 before adding to the diesel. Likewise I think you may have done the same with propane and butane. Not to forget the about half the propane doesn't come from oil.

· Registered
60 Posts
I used industry supplied data. If you think it’s incorrect, then take that up with the ones who provide the data to the public. Also fuel oil is a distilled fuel, it is the same as diesel fuel. For a great example is #2 fuel oil and #2 diesel fuel are one in the same. One is used for engines and taxed differently than the one used for heat, outside of that they are exactly the same thing. They all fall into the same category which is distillate fuel oils. What I didn’t do is intentionally leave out data points to try to intentionally mislead readers to make myself look better. That’s something you did.

· Registered
2,187 Posts
Says the one who can’t even get how much oil we as a country consume on a day to day basis…..
You forgot to mention that I did go back and capture some smaller ones that I'd not included. In your case you don't even acknowledge the basic mistakes on the pipe line itself. And to add insult to injury you talk down to us like you are god scolding Adam and Eve about an apple

· Registered
60 Posts
I didn’t mention it because you didn’t do it. When I pointed out you were incorrect you asked what was left out, I provided you the list. I just went a checked at no point did you provide corrected data other than your initial misleading post. And then when you were given the list of everything you left out, rather than acknowledging you left out data your response is to say you didn’t mention I went back and did this, something there is no evidence of you even doing.

· Registered
2,187 Posts
I didn’t mention it because you didn’t do it. When I pointed out you were incorrect you asked what was left out, I provided you the list. I just went a checked at no point did you provide corrected data other than your initial misleading post. And then when you were given the list of everything you left out, rather than acknowledging you left out data your response is to say you didn’t mention I went back and did this, something there is no evidence of you even doing.
Oops. You are right. I wrote it up and then forgot to send it. But that doesn't negate the fact that you have some major disconnects on your numbers.

· Registered
60 Posts
Where? Again I am using industry supplied data. This is information directly from them, they are putting out. Not from thin air and not leaving data points out. This is what we get and depend on from oil based on barrels per day. It’s a lot more than your “limited” data set you used to try and prove the fact we use more than we produce, and export finished product we could use domestically to ease the burden, that was just a deflection, and downright out false.

61 - 78 of 78 Posts