Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner
41 - 60 of 78 Posts

· Registered
60 Posts
Guess you've never worked around high pressure fuel lines. Flow thru the lines are regulated not only the size of the pipe but the amount of pressure applied. Also you forgot that where the lines were to join us close to an inland refinery. I'd be willing to bet was to increase the amount up to that point and then be able to increase the amount of petroleum being sent to the gulf coast to feed both the local refinery and the off shore demand
Hmmmm. Has the definition of maximum changed? Does it no longer mean as high as possible? Pretty sure that definition hasn’t changed anytime lately.

· Registered
2,187 Posts
Hmmmm. Has the definition of maximum changed? Does it no longer mean as high as possible? Pretty sure that definition hasn’t changed anytime lately.
Not if the line below the first refinery is pumping less fuel then the line north of the first refinery. Do we need to draw you a picture?

· Registered
60 Posts
Not if the line below the first refinery is pumping less fuel then the line north of the first refinery. Do we need to draw you a picture?
So explain how a pipe line with a MAXIMUM discharge of 0.7 mbpd can do more than its maximum amount. That’s now how much it’s moving right now, that’s the maximum it was designed to carry. This should be interesting.

· Registered
2,187 Posts
You are a hoot. That pipe line may be running at full capacity north of the first refinery but once they taken what they need there is less fuel to move thru to the gulf coast. That is just simple math.

· Registered
60 Posts
You still haven’t answered the question. Is it because you can’t? All you have done is deflect from answering.

· Registered
60 Posts
I haven’t even touched on any other number of issues with the system, but you guys keep on thinking it’s just as simple as a pipeline will solve all the issues while turning a blind eye to plenty of other issues. I’d love to know your thoughts on us exporting almost 300 million barrels of finished gasoline last year when we were not even meeting our own demand….

· Registered
2,187 Posts
No slick. You should have done your homework better before you type. Keystone phase I. 30 inches. Phase II. 36 inches. Phase III a 36inch. No where from Canada to Texas does it drop down to 17 inches. Also the capacity of the line is 860,000 bbl and the wood river refinery has a daily capacity to run 380,000 bbl per day.. that means only 480,000 bbl per day down stream of wood river.

Facts are hedouble hockey sticks aren't they

Reactions: Kauboy

· Registered
60 Posts
No slick. You should have done your homework better before you type. Keystone phase I. 30 inches. Phase II. 36 inches. Phase III a 36inch. No where from Canada to Texas does it drop down to 17 inches. Also the capacity of the line is 860,000 bbl and the wood river refinery has a daily capacity to run 380,000 bbl per day.. that means only 480,000 bbl per day down stream of wood river.

Facts are hedouble hockey sticks aren't they
Yes they are. I guess you don’t understand examples as well? Let’s discuss the fact that the northern pipe also goes from a refinery to a tank farm before it continues south, so how much of that usage is replaced heading to and from the tank farm, since you failed to mention that fact as well. As you said facts are a hedouble hockey sticks aren’t they. You still have failed to answer if you know what friction loss is, as well.

· Registered
2,187 Posts
Course I do but that still doesn't answer your error in pipe sizes. With regard to shipping fuel overseas, well this is sort of a free market society. And just for the record our refinery capacity is 17.9 mbpd and our total demand for refined fuels is only 15.9 mbpd (gas 8. Ok8, diesel 4.0, kerosene 1.7, and jp 1.4). So guess they want to make a buck.

· Registered
2,187 Posts
Should be 8.8 mbpd

· Registered
60 Posts
Your figures are wrong as a country we use closer to 20 million barrels per day, you left a lot of information out of your post to make it deliberately misleading. Also again you do under what a example is correct? Since you claim you understand friction loss (which clearly you don’t) then you’d know your whole increased pressure means more output is a fantasy, as pressure increases so does friction loss, which would actually decrease output at the end of the line. That’s fact. Doesn’t matter what the material is, what it’s flowing through, it is a understood and known physics fact.

· Super Moderator
10,184 Posts
I haven’t even touched on any other number of issues with the system, but you guys keep on thinking it’s just as simple as a pipeline will solve all the issues while turning a blind eye to plenty of other issues. I’d love to know your thoughts on us exporting almost 300 million barrels of finished gasoline last year when we were not even meeting our own demand….
Well, at this point it's all a non-starter. Oil is being done away with and being replaced by green energy. And we all know that green energy is abundant. Why the grid can handle hundreds of thousands EV cars all charging at the same time. :rolleyes:

· Registered
2,187 Posts
Yes they are. I guess you don’t understand examples as well? Let’s discuss the fact that the northern pipe also goes from a refinery to a tank farm before it continues south, so how much of that usage is replaced heading to and from the tank farm, since you failed to mention that fact as well. As you said facts are a hedouble hockey sticks aren’t they. You still have failed to answer if you know what friction loss is, as well.
Perhaps a look at the map will clear this up. The line to the refinery is a spur.

· Registered
2,187 Posts
Fudge will send the map link from the house

· Registered
2,187 Posts
Your figures are wrong as a country we use closer to 20 million barrels per day, you left a lot of information out of your post to make it deliberately misleading. Also again you do under what a example is correct? Since you claim you understand friction loss (which clearly you don’t) then you’d know your whole increased pressure means more output is a fantasy, as pressure increases so does friction loss, which would actually decrease output at the end of the line. That’s fact. Doesn’t matter what the material is, what it’s flowing through, it is a understood and known physics fact.
But your discussion is moot since your premise that the 30 feeds a 17 is shown to be false. If anything the pressure down stream from the refinery will be less due to an equal or lesser flow of product

· Registered
2,187 Posts
What is left out

· Registered
60 Posts
But your discussion is moot since your premise that the 30 feeds a 17 is shown to be false. If anything the pressure down stream from the refinery will be less due to an equal or lesser flow of product
Again what do you not understand about example…. I don’t know what you don’t understand about what a example is. It isn’t rocket science to know what it is, I bet even kids in elementary school know what a example is……

· Super Moderator
1-6 months, natural disasters or economic collapse
11,052 Posts
Let me ask you this, how can a existing 36 inch pipeline that has a maximum output of 0.7 mbpd, see an increase of 85+%, which would equal to 595,000 or more bpd OVER the maximum possible discharge rate?
If you want to argue throughput, argue with the ones who projected the numbers. Tell them how they're wrong.

41 - 60 of 78 Posts